Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jets Draft Prospect Visits Tracker: 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jets Draft Prospect Visits Tracker: 2018

    So far the Jets have shown interest in these prospects, either Combine, setting up Private Visit at Florham Park or attending prospects Pro Day...

    Will try to keep this list up to date as possible:
    • Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia (COM)
    • Sam Darnold, QB, USC (COM, PRO)
    • Chase Edmonds, RB, Fordham (PRO)
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama (COM)
    • Shaquem Griffin, OLB, Central Florida (COM)
    • Baker Mayfield^, QB, Oklahoma (SR, PRI, COM, WOR,PRO)
    • Bilal Nichols, DT/3-4DE, Delaware (COM)
    • Billy Price, G/C, Ohio State (COM)
    • Josh Rosen, QB (COM, PRO)
    • Josh Sweat, DE/3-4OLB, Florida State (COM)

  • #2
    I read somewhere that the Jets are bringing Mayfield here for a visit.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gramoah View Post
      I read somewhere that the Jets are bringing Mayfield here for a visit.
      PRI: mean private visit already taken

      Comment


      • #4
        today USC Pro Day, GM Mike Maccagnan, OC Jeremy Bates, HC Todd Bowles all there...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gmf1369 View Post

          PRI: mean private visit already taken
          Yeah I saw that but I was thinking that this was a repeat visit. I'll have try to find that article because a repeat visit might be an indicator of something.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gmf1369 View Post
            today USC Pro Day, GM Mike Maccagnan, OC Jeremy Bates, HC Todd Bowles all there...
            Yep. I'm watching that right now.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gramoah View Post

              Yeah I saw that but I was thinking that this was a repeat visit. I'll have try to find that article because a repeat visit might be an indicator of something.
              prior to Oklahoma's Pro Day Baker Mayfield took a visit at Florham Park and was asked how it went, he said "smooth"...

              only Mike Maccagnan was at OU's Pro Day...

              Comment


              • #8
                UCLA pro day the entire contingent for the Jets were there... HC, OC, OL, RB, TE, DL, DC, GM, CB, 5 Scouts were there...

                maybe over kill but damn,

                Comment


                • #9
                  Wyoming expect HC, GM, OC, WR, DC, LB plus few scouts to be there... We will see in two days...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'll look for that article. It could be wrong or it could even be old. Jets has the whole crew at this USC pro day though for whatever that's worth with us picking third.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sam Darnold said:

                      Last two days he had private meetings/dinner with the New York GIants and Cleveland Browns and they were the only two teams that showed clear interest in him. Not sure if any other teams are interested in private meetings nothing scheduled yet.
                      all 32 teams were at his pro day...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It's an article appearing on one of the ESPN pages today by Rich Cimini. He says the Jets are at the USC pro day today and after this are headed to the Wyoming pro day to check out Josh Allen. After that they are headed to Norman, Oklahoma for another meeting and workout with Bakerfield followed, tentatively, by another Florham Park visit.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Gramoah View Post
                          It's an article appearing on one of the ESPN pages today by Rich Cimini. He says the Jets are at the USC pro day today and after this are headed to the Wyoming pro day to check out Josh Allen. After that they are headed to Norman, Oklahoma for another meeting and workout with Bakerfield followed, tentatively, by another Florham Park visit.
                          but not everyone at USC are going to Wyoming because there are other pro days said to have high Jets interest in two days...

                          I believe the team is in love with Rosen but are trying to do their due diligence on the other QBs so they are not screwed out of the one they really like...

                          also heard this from my source: Jets may be willing to make a deal to get there guy from No. 3 to No. 1... Trade this year's No. 3 overall and next year's 1st round pick for the Browns No. 1 overall and the 33rd overall pick (2nd round)...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gmf1369 View Post

                            but not everyone at USC are going to Wyoming because there are other pro days said to have high Jets interest in two days...

                            I believe the team is in love with Rosen but are trying to do their due diligence on the other QBs so they are not screwed out of the one they really like...

                            also heard this from my source: Jets may be willing to make a deal to get there guy from No. 3 to No. 1... Trade this year's No. 3 overall and next year's 1st round pick for the Browns No. 1 overall and the 33rd overall pick (2nd round)...
                            If they do that it better be for Darnold.
                            sigpic

                            Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

                            10/8/03-3/15/16

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

                              If they do that it better be for Darnold.
                              look I agree long term Darnold has the intangibles... way our roster is structured with McCown and Bridgewater it makes sense that if they do it he is the target...

                              but if we stay at No. 3 it will be between Rosen and Mayfield with and hate to say it Mayfield with slight edge...

                              do I believe Allen has a chance, yes and no just because believe the Bills are smitten for him... and the Bills will do whatever they can to get him even if they hand the Giants 20 picks to do so...

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                And if we are giving up next years #1, I would do it in a heartbeat for Darnold.
                                sigpic

                                Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

                                10/8/03-3/15/16

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I watched his pro day today. The kid was smooth and accurate even in the rain. Still...............it was a presentation that has been rehearsed for some time with receivers he was familiar with and not facing any kind of pass rush. We would have to give up so much to get him and we still have lots of other needs. I would have mixed feelings about moving up to get him.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    I would do this type of trade to draft Darnold then have that 2nd round pick either to draft a player like Sony Michel or stock pile some more picks to fill needs... But this team would have to get it right because then next year we won't have a 1st or 2nd to play with in the draft...

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      As much as I love Darnold that's an awful lot of draft picks to give up for a GM that believes in building through the draft (two 1st's and three 2nd's for the number one pick and a 2nd rounder (albeit a high one) . They could have made it a lot easier by starting Hackenberg last year like Cleveland started Kiser.

                                      Darnold did look good today in the rain..

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Baker Mayfield lines up a series of workouts this week

                                        It’s a little more than a month until the first round of the NFL Draft gets underway and one of the top quarterback prospects in this year’s class will be spending this week working out for potential employers.

                                        Baker Mayfield already has volumes of game tape, a Scouting Combine workout and a Pro Day workout for teams to consider and four of them will be adding private workouts to their other research.

                                        Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Mayfield worked out for the Bills on Monday to kick off his week. He’s scheduled to work out for the Dolphins on Wednesday, the Browns on Thursday and the Jets on Saturday. All four teams have picks in the Top 12 and the Bills could move further up the board with the No. 22 pick, two second-round picks and two third-round picks at their disposal.

                                        The other top quarterback prospects will have similar schedules over the next month as they try to catch the eye of a team that will take them off the board in the opening minutes of the first round.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Penn State tight end Mike Gesicki at Jets local Pro Day today... Gesicki is a late first round early second round prospect, so interesting how the Jets would make that happen with no second round picks...

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by gmf1369 View Post
                                            Penn State tight end Mike Gesicki at Jets local Pro Day today... Gesicki is a late first round early second round prospect, so interesting how the Jets would make that happen with no second round picks...
                                            Trade back into 2nd Rd Offering Brice Petty, Hackenberg our 3rd, 5th & 6th Rd picks.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by AFA2017 View Post

                                              Trade back into 2nd Rd Offering Brice Petty, Hackenberg our 3rd, 5th & 6th Rd picks.
                                              yea keep dreaming...

                                              Comment

                                              Working...
                                              X