Serious Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question

When the F did Kirk Cousins became Joe Montana?

The way the media is talking, "the Cousins sweepstakes", you would think they were talking about Montana.

And the highest paid QB in the league, with three years guaranteed, for Kirk f--king Cousins, am I in the Twilight Zone?

Originally posted by Green Jets & Ham View Post

The way the media is talking, "the Cousins sweepstakes", you would think they were talking about Montana.

And the highest paid QB in the league, with three years guaranteed, for Kirk f--king Cousins, am I in the Twilight Zone?

I think the big deal is that you have a 29 year old above average QB, in the prime of his career, who’s available in FA, and that never happens. Most FA’s are borderline backups at best, or 37+ with their best days behind them. Cousins numbers are really good over the last three years. He’s no “one hit wonder” like Case Keenum.

But you’re right, the hype is blown up because he’s the best option for a lot of QB needy teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindsideD'Brick View Post

But you’re right, the hype is blown up because he’s the best option for a lot of QB needy teams.
      4-19 against teams with winning records, 4-19!

Its unbelievable. If you listen to the media, particularly the NFLN, its like they're talking about a first ballot HOFer.

Comment

The plan should be simple. If we don't sign Cousins, then go all out to sign Andrew Norwell (from under the G-Men) and Ryan Jensen, then draft Will Hernandez in round 2 to solidify what could become the best OL in the NFL. Then sign Paul Richardson. Then sign EJ Gaines. Then sign Nigel Bradham. Then sign Bridgewater.

Then draft a QB at #6.

Comment

Its unbelievable. If you listen to the media, particularly the NFLN, its like they're talking about a first ballot HOFer.
          4-19 is more a reflection of the team he was playing on.

He’s thrown for over 4,000 yards the last 3 years, and almost broke 5,000 in 2016. His TD/INT ratios are very good, too. And he’s played in 16 games each and every year in case durability is a concern.

Where else are we getting that level of production next year? Or the year after, even?

Comment

Originally posted by mydogisajetsfan View Post
            The plan should be simple. If we don't sign Cousins, then go all out to sign Andrew Norwell (from under the G-Men) and Ryan Jensen, then draft Will Hernandez in round 2 to solidify what could become the best OL in the NFL. Then sign Paul Richardson. Then sign EJ Gaines. Then sign Nigel Bradham. Then sign Bridgewater.

Then draft a QB at #6.
            I’m good with the plan, but that’s not going to be simple. That’s a lot of FA’s who we’re assuming would want to come to the Jets

Comment

Never. This reminds me of when Barry Bonds was in college. A famous scouting report said, "He's going to be a very good player for the team that gets him. And I hope to G-d it isn't us."
              I feel the same way about Cousins, and Josh Allen, too.
              Later
              Great minds think alike. You're not one of us.

Comment

I'm not high on Cousins either. I would rather draft one of the top 4 QB's, but its looking like they wont be available at #6. I really don't want to trade the farm to move up especially with Buffalo looming nearby. We do need either Cousins or one of the top 4.
                Last edited by AFA2017; 03-12-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

I’m good with the plan, but that’s not going to be simple. That’s a lot of FA’s who we’re assuming would want to come to the Jets
                  I think players are going to look at the Jets as a team with a young ascending defense and the salary cap and draft picks needed to improve the rest of the team. It's the perfect spot for Bridgewater to prove he is healthy and back in form. Norwell and Jensen would likely have to be overpaid a bit but worth it. Gaines and Bradham should love to join this core defense. It wouldn't shock me if Mac went in on a solid DL, like Poe or Lotulelei.

Comment

It’s ridiculous the BS pub this guy is getting. He appears to be a younger and better version of Jay Cutler or Alex Smith. Plays great enough to put up the numbers but can’t get you the W’s or a ring. I’d rather the Jets draft one of these top tier rookie QBs and roll the dice that way. I won’t be that pissed like I was with the McCown or Fitzpatrick move, if the Jets paid this guy all that money but I’d be pissed enough. The Jets need to start fresh and new and build from there. These rethread QBs they keep getting just ain’t working out. Time to draft that rookie QB and see if he can be our 15-20 year franchise guy. If that doesn’t work, try it again and again and again till you get it right. Love what the Bills are doing by going for it this draft to get their QB. Trade Taylor to start the rookie from game one and trade their oline men to move up and get their QB at 12. Their probably not done in moving up either. That’s what I call guts and going for it. IMO they have the right idea, get your franchise rookie QB, start him from game one and let the chips fall where they may. If it don’t work, keep trying until it does work.

Comment

[QUOTE=mydogisajetsfan;n157892]

I think players are going to look at the Jets as a team with a young ascending defense and the salary cap and draft picks needed to improve the rest of the team. It's the perfect spot for Bridgewater to prove he is healthy and back in form. Norwell and Jensen would likely have to be overpaid a bit but worth it. Gaines and Bradham should love to join this core defense. It wouldn't shock me if Mac went in on a solid DL, like Poe or Lotulelei.[/QUOTE

Your wishing for a Miracle. Miracles don't happen to the Jets!

Comment

Originally posted by jets82 View Post
                        It’s ridiculous the BS pub this guy is getting. He appears to be a younger and better version of Jay Cutler or Alex Smith. Plays great enough to put up the numbers but can’t get you the W’s or a ring. I’d rather the Jets draft one of these top tier rookie QBs and roll the dice that way. I won’t be that pissed like I was with the McCown or Fitzpatrick move, if the Jets paid this guy all that money but I’d be pissed enough. The Jets need to start fresh and new and build from there. These rethread QBs they keep getting just ain’t working out. Time to draft that rookie QB and see if he can be our 15-20 year franchise guy. If that doesn’t work, try it again and again and again till you get it right. Love what the Bills are doing by going for it this draft to get their QB. Trade Taylor to start the rookie from game one and trade their oline men to move up and get their QB at 12. Their probably not done in moving up either. That’s what I call guts and going for it. IMO they have the right idea, get your franchise rookie QB, start him from game one and let the chips fall where they may. If it don’t work, keep trying until it does work.
                        I love the idea of getting a QB at 6, too. I’m all in for that if we don’t get Cousins.

But a comparison of Cousins to Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown isn’t accurate. The stat sheet doesn’t lie. And the eyeball test doesn’t, either. Cousins is a top 10-15 QB in this league over the last 3 years.

Comment

How many active QB have winning records against over 500 teams?
                          I'll save you the time of looking it up. 2 Tom Brady and Russell Wilson.
                          It's more important to look at how a QB performed vs winning teams than the W-L. It's still a team game .
                          Quality QBs very rarely come available in Free agency. And it's even more rare for a quality QB of his age to hit the market.
                          Was Carr the best QB in the league when he signed? Was Stafford or Garappalo?
                          It's the economics of the league.
                          Cousins contract may make him the highest paid player in the league, but only untill the next QB resigns.

Comment

I love the idea of getting a QB at 6, too. I’m all in for that if we don’t get Cousins.

But a comparison of Cousins to Jay Cutler, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown isn’t accurate. The stat sheet doesn’t lie. And the eyeball test doesn’t, either. Cousins is a top 10-15 QB in this league over the last 3 years.
                            You are right and I can’t deny that. Guess the question comes down to what does the team really want to do. Do they want a quick fix for the next 3-5 years or do they want to try and get that 15-20 year answer? Cousin seems to be a 3-5 years quick fix. Yes his numbers indicates a top 10-15 QB over the past 3 years but where are the W’s to go with it? Can’t put that all on him obviously but with those numbers, you would think those teams would have been much better. I wouldn’t be happy with the Cousins signing (if the Jets got him) but I wouldn’t kill them for it either. Not initially anyway!!!
                            Last edited by jets82; 03-13-2018, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jets82 View Post

You are right and I can’t deny that. Guess the question comes down to what does the team really want to do. Do they want a quick fix for the next 3-5 years or do they want to try and get that 15-20 year answer? Cousin seems to be a 3-5 years quick fix. Yes his numbers indicates a top10-15 QB over the past 3 years but where are the W’s yo go with it? Can’t put that all on him obviously but with those numbers, you would those teams would have better. I wouldn’t be happy with the Cousins signing (if the Jets got him) but I wouldn’t kill them for it either. Not initially anyway!!!
                              At this point it will be 15-20 years before the Jets turn it around. With $90M they could have flipped the roster. Unless they are getting an early start on tanking.
                              sigpic

Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

At this point it will be 15-20 years before the Jets turn it around. With $90M they could have flipped the roster. Unless they are getting an early start on tanking.
                                We have 90 million in cap space and not one signing while other teams are signing all the top tier FA. It sure seems like we are getting ready to tank for next season. Or is this the same ole Jets!

Comment

Mac should be fired immediately. He doesn't even know what the word "Active" means.
                                  sigpic

Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
                                    Mac should be fired immediately. He doesn't even know what the word "Active" means.
                                    I don’t typically overreact in these situations, but...

Can we please do something? We need a lot of help in a lot of areas. The draft isn’t going to fix much.

Comment

Working...
                                    X