Serious Question #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Question #2

Buffalo is making moves to acquire picks to move up. What do we have that we could trade to acquire more picks and wont hurt us in the long haul. IMO I would package RB Bilal Powell, OG Carpenter and DB Skrine. All are getting older and may fetch some needed trade capital.

Originally posted by AFA2017 View Post
    Buffalo is making moves to acquire picks to move up. What do we have that we could trade to acquire more picks and wont hurt us in the long haul. IMO I would package RB Bilal Powell, OG Carpenter and DB Skrine. All are getting older and may fetch some needed trade capital.
    We have the #6 overall pick, and a few 2nd round picks.

I don’t think we’d get much return for a 30ish RB, and two players coming off somewhat down years. Skrine can sometimes be a penalty machine, and Carpenter would be replaced in a nanosecond if we drafted Q. Nelson. Carpenter’s salary is somewhat prohibitive regarding a trade, too.

Comment

Buffalo is also signing Star Lotulelei to a 5 year deal. They're being pretty active. A lot of the big names are dropping off the board fast.

Comment

I know we have to be patient - if the Jets don't sign Cousins, this means a couple of things: 1. They will have be aggressive on draft day to get the QB they want. 2. The Jets might have to overpay to get some of the other players they are targeting. Right now, in my opinion the best FA players are already off the board with the exception of the two available centers, and Cousins. 3. The Jets have to find some gems - like getting Kearse last year. And they need to resign some of their own players to remain competitive. I personally think Claiborne had a solid year last year and we should resign him.

Update: One of the centers is going to San Francisco. Ritchberg is signing with the 49ers per ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by LIJETFAN View Post
          I know we have to be patient - if the Jets don't sign Cousins, this means a couple of things: 1. They will have be aggressive on draft day to get the QB they want. 2. The Jets might have to overpay to get some of the other players they are targeting. Right now, in my opinion the best FA players are already off the board with the exception of the two available centers, and Cousins. 3. The Jets have to find some gems - like getting Kearse last year. And they need to resign some of their own players to remain competitive. I personally think Claiborne had a solid year last year and we should resign him.

Update: One of the centers is going to San Francisco. Ritchberg is signing with the 49ers per ESPN.
          Cleveland and the Jets both have tons of money, and the Browns are spending it.

Jets?...it’s been awfully quiet. Even our own FA priorities are dragging.

Comment

Buffalo is also signing Star Lotulelei to a 5 year deal. They're being pretty active. A lot of the big names are dropping off the board fast.
            Jets will be the Browns next year just minus the draft picks.
            sigpic

Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

I'm not going to jump to any conclusions on the state of the franchise this early into Free Agency and one month before the draft. The Jets can still find pieces in FA to strengthen this team. Let's see what happens...

Comment

Per Cimini - it's not looking good for the Jets and Cousins. Now that could change, but if Cousins goes to visit the Vikes tomorrow, it's probably over.

Comment

If the Jets lose out on Cousins, personally I think they should resign McCown. He knows the coaching staff, is well liked and respected in the locker room, and would be a great mentor to a young QB. I would prefer him over say Bradford or Bridgewater. Then, go draft a QB, and get it right.

Comment

If the Jets lose out on Cousins, personally I think they should resign McCown. He knows the coaching staff, is well liked and respected in the locker room, and would be a great mentor to a young QB. I would prefer him over say Bradford or Bridgewater. Then, go draft a QB, and get it right.
                    What young QB?? They will all be gone by the time the Jets pick unless they want to really reach.
                    sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

At the end of the day, the Jets are not an attractive organization no matter what kind of money they have to spend.
                      sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

I'd like to see them take a shot at RB-Carlos Hyde

Comment

Tebow, if they have to move up to get their guy, they should do it. Unless they like Lamar Jackson or the kid from OSU, in which case they can trade back a few slots and get more picks and one of those guys. There are options.

Comment

Just read on ESPN that Cousins plans to visit Minnesota 'first" and that he'll likely sign there. The Jets need to move on...

Comment

For the past week it’s been clear that the Vikings were the favorites to get Cousins. I’m not gonna sugarcoat it: it sucks for the Jets. Cousins would’ve been a great fit.

But gotta move forward. I don’t want second round projects in the draft. No more Geno Smiths or Kellen Clemens. Macc needs to nut up and have his head in the game during the first 5 picks of this draft. We need to come away with either Darnold, Rosen, or Allen.

Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X