• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schefter: Cousins to Minnesota 3 year deal

Too bad

Yup, the Jets need to move on.

Comment

Free agency is moving fast and furious. So far, the Jets have signed, well, no one..

Comment

Originally posted by LIJETFAN View Post
        Now is the time for FA signings.

Comment

GM better get us a prime QB in draft....not the 3rd-4th-5th option

Comment

I just hope they don't go after someone like AJ Mccarran - who I think is over-rated and mediocre at best. At least with McCown, you know what you're getting, a great locker room guy. Bridgewater is a mystery - great guy, pretty good player if he's healthy, but too much risk. Just sign McCown and go draft a QB.

Comment

Yeah, Mac needs to ensure he gets his guy, whoever that is, and I don't care who it is, just get the guy he wants.

Comment

I just hope they don't go after someone like AJ Mccarran - who I think is over-rated and mediocre at best. At least with McCown, you know what you're getting, a great locker room guy. Bridgewater is a mystery - great guy, pretty good player if he's healthy, but too much risk. Just sign McCown and go draft a QB.
                I would rather Bridgewater and draft a QB. If he sucks then we can cut him. If he returns to form then we can trade him.
                sigpic

Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

I'm thinking I need to move on from the Jets.
                  sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

Good, I mean great!!! Just draft one of the top four QBs and let the chips fall where they may. Time to find that 15-20 year QB answer. Not the 1-3 or 3-5 year QB answer.

Bridgewater I can deal with but his health is a major question mark!!!

Comment

I wasn't sure which storyline would be used:

A. Jets drastically overpay for mediocre QB, or
                      B. Jets fail to land gem of free agency, can't do anything right

I guess we will be using B.

Comment

Jets interested in signing Glennon to 5 year deal. Nah, just joking.

Comment

To be honest Tebow, they have enough cap room to sign them both if they want to do so.

Comment

Sign McCarron or Bridgewater and draft Barkley(if there) if he's not, trade down and snag the best OL available. Use cap money for best FA WR available.

Comment

My first option would be to sign McCarron and draft a developmental QB with a later pick. Mason Rudolph in the second, ideally.

My second would be to see if any of the big 3 drop to them at 6. If not, trade for Foles.

Comment

I was in the camp of - liked Cousins, improves the position substantially, not a fan of overpaying for him. If he doesn't want to come here, fine. Let's find a QB that wants to be the QB of the Jets for a decade or more. I want guys that are all in on building this franchise, not mercenaries here for the money only. Cousins is making a reasonable decision - the Vikes are close. He's in a much tougher conference, but if he can get that team to a SB in the next year or two, that is what you play for. The Jets are still a few years away. It's all good. Jets just need to find their QB of the now and the future in this draft. Time's up.

I want Mac/Bowles to succeed and see their plan come to fruition. They need a QB to do that, so whatever they need to do to make that happen, they should do.

Comment

Here's what Cimini just posted - agree 100%

Missing out on Kirk Cousins isn't a disaster for the Jets. Actually, they'll be better off in the long run. Sure, he would've been an immediate upgrade, but he's not worth $28 million a year, fully guaranteed (reported deal with Minnesota) — at least not to the Jets. They've got a long way to go and Cousins would've been just another piece in the puzzle, not the final piece. He has posted some marvelous stats over the last three years, but he has no playoff wins and he's 4-19 against teams with winning records. So, yes, the Jets will survive without him.

Comment

Its going to be McCarron or Bridgewater. And maybe McCown and then cut Petty if they don't get the QB in the draft.
                                    sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

I feel dirty agreeing with Cimini.

Comment

Originally posted by SackExchange View Post
                                        My first option would be to sign McCarron and draft a developmental QB with a later pick. Mason Rudolph in the second, ideally.

My second would be to see if any of the big 3 drop to them at 6. If not, trade for Foles.
                                        No way do I trade for Foles. He isn't much better than McCown.
                                        sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

No way do I trade for Foles. He isn't much better than McCown.
                                          Perhaps, but McCown was very good here. If he puts up the numbers slightly better than McCown put up last year, and is only 29 years old, I'd take it.

Comment

I'm not a fan of McCarron at all. He's mediocre at everything. I would rather have McCown because he's such a great locker room guy and has seen it all in his career. He'd be a great mentor for a young QB. Foles is a backup and why would the Eagles want to trade him? I don't see it.

Personally, I think if the Jets need to trade up to get their guy, then they should trade up. Just go get the guy they want.

Comment

I feel dirty agreeing with Cimini.
                                              I hear you, but in fairness, since he's gone to ESPN, he's gotten much better. Mehta took his place at the Daily News and he creates all the unnecessary drama. Cimini has actually done a pretty solid job in my opinion since he joined ESPN.

Comment

I'm not a fan of McCarron at all. He's mediocre at everything. I would rather have McCown because he's such a great locker room guy and has seen it all in his career. He'd be a great mentor for a young QB. Foles is a backup and why would the Eagles want to trade him? I don't see it.

Personally, I think if the Jets need to trade up to get their guy, then they should trade up. Just go get the guy they want.
                                                He's 27, he has a passer rating of 93.6, and he has a 3/1 TD/INT ration in the limited opportunities he's had.

Comment

I wasn't sure which storyline would be used:

A. Jets drastically overpay for mediocre QB, or
                                                  B. Jets fail to land gem of free agency, can't do anything right

I guess we will be using B.
                                                  Wait for C
                                                  Jets offered Cousins $35 million a year for 5 years fully Guaranteed and Cousins turned them down.
                                                  We know it's coming .....

Comment

Originally posted by TonyFtLaud View Post

Wait for C
                                                    Jets offered Cousins $35 million a year for 5 years fully Guaranteed and Cousins turned them down.
                                                    We know it's coming .....
                                                    If so, I'd be doing a dance that he turned it down.

Comment

Yeah, that's a crazy number.

Comment

He's 27, he has a passer rating of 93.6, and he has a 3/1 TD/INT ration in the limited opportunities he's had.
                                                        I get his stats are solid in limited action, but honestly if he was that good with that much potential, why is he still available? Dalton's not that great. If he was that good, he would beat him out easily.

Comment

Let's just see what they do from here...there are still some really good football players out there...

Comment

Perhaps, but McCown was very good here. If he puts up the numbers slightly better than McCown put up last year, and is only 29 years old, I'd take it.
                                                            Wait 5-11 is very good. Fans have really set their expectations low. Foles has proven he sucks. He has also proven he can win a SB with great talent around him.
                                                            sigpic

10/8/03-3/15/16

Comment

Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

Wait 5-11 is very good. Fans have really set their expectations low. Foles has proven he sucks. He has also proven he can win a SB with great talent around him.
                                                              Wait a second! If it's about record, then yes, McCown was awful at 5-11. But if it's about record, then you can't in the next sentence bash the Super Bowl MVP.

That's the textbook definition of having it both ways.

Comment

Ideal scenario in BlindsideD’bricks world:

Sign McCown to a 1 year deal at low money. He’ll serve in the mentor/emergency QB role.

Sign Bridgewater to a 1-2 year “prove it” contract with incentives if he’s successful.

Draft either Darnold, Rosen, or Allen anyway you can. Even if it means trading premium draft picks in the future to land one of these guys. Give them a year to learn the right way under McCown (a perfect example of locker room presence).

Comment

Originally posted by AFA2017 View Post

Now is the time for FA signings.
                                                                  When? I’m still waiting. We haven’t even re-signed Claiborne or Davis. We’ve got 1,000,000,000,000 dollars and haven’t signed anyone, while the cream of the weak FA crop is signing elsewhere.

Comment

Cards land Bradford. The QB dominos are dropping fast.

Comment

Yes they are and where are the Jets?
                                                                      thank god we didn't take Bradford
                                                                      i wanted Cousins , but now I say Fuckem....hope he goes and sucks with the Vikes.
                                                                      Brigewater , McCown , And a draftee , what else ? Foles? Nah , he was just about done with football but the stars aligned with him and the Eagles, no way he plays like that again.
                                                                      Guess id be happy with Teddy .
                                                                      Rumors are now Jets are close?...

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmoe View Post

Yes they are and where are the Jets?
                                                                        thank god we didn't take Bradford
                                                                        i wanted Cousins , but now I say Fuckem....hope he goes and sucks with the Vikes.
                                                                        Brigewater , McCown , And a draftee , what else ? Foles? Nah , he was just about done with football but the stars aligned with him and the Eagles, no way he plays like that again.
                                                                        Guess id be happy with Teddy .
                                                                        Rumors are now Jets are close?...
                                                                        McCown/Bridgewater/High Potential 1st round pick.

It’s the best case scenario at this stage. Bridgewater looked really good for the Vikings before that freak injury.

Comment

Love the brain and the talent of Bradford.

Hate the injury prone reality. This guy cannot stay healthy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                          X