Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone see the QB ratings this week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone see the QB ratings this week

    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ason-total-qbr

    G, I still don't know how to turn this into the story, so it's just the link if you want to change it , work your magic

  • #2
    Darnold had drops, the red zone pick was on Pryor, the sacks were on the OL. These ratings don't tell the entire story.

    Comment


    • #3
      DarnoldPassPlot.PNG 2. Sam Darnold, New York Jets
      Total QBR: 18.2

      The Miami Dolphins trampled on the Darnold breakout party a week after the rookie dazzled in his NFL debut.

      The former USC QB threw two picks -- his most costly plays on the day -- but his QBR was lower than most might expect because he also fumbled (he was penalized for that, even though his teammate recovered) and was sacked three times, including twice on second down. Those are plays that don't show up in traditional passer rating but were poor plays, so they counted in QBR.

      Jets fans will likely chalk this one up to growing pains. And frankly, it could have been worse. The Jets fell just shy of scoring a touchdown before halftime, and they still had a shot at the end. --Walder
      All posts made are assuming no cheating is taking place & most posts are just repeats of things I have heard & read. I'm no football smart guy & that's why I'm here!

      Comment


      • #4
        Above taken from the link from OP
        All posts made are assuming no cheating is taking place & most posts are just repeats of things I have heard & read. I'm no football smart guy & that's why I'm here!

        Comment


        • #5
          Darnolds first three games are like the 38 hurricane his barometer keeps falling

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by butterscotch View Post
            Darnolds first three games are like the 38 hurricane his barometer keeps falling
            Sadly I dont see Darnold getting better. Take his first NFL pas for a INT running right throwing a screen across field to his left, Darnold threw that same pass last night he said he learned from and wished he never threw and it should have been picked off last night. Darniolds very lucky he didnt have 5 INTs last night even with conservative play calling. I expect Darnold completions to improve every game and INTs to go down but Im not seeing this. He is close to Sanchez and the only difference is Rex had a RB beast to carry Sanchez and Darnold doesnt. Wait till cold and wet wind comes to town, Do you feel like Darnold will be better? More accurate? Better passes? Cant blame all on Sam. He shouldnt have been ranked so high coming out and in no way started this year. Mikey our famous GM who gets the first pick of top 10 in first rd right and then FAILS and never gets the right QB, needs to GO! BTW Jets needs to Draft a QB in first round next year until they get it right. Redskins did it and got Cousins right drafting 2 in first round.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by gastineau View Post

              Sadly I dont see Darnold getting better. Take his first NFL pas for a INT running right throwing a screen across field to his left, Darnold threw that same pass last night he said he learned from and wished he never threw and it should have been picked off last night. Darniolds very lucky he didnt have 5 INTs last night even with conservative play calling. I expect Darnold completions to improve every game and INTs to go down but Im not seeing this. He is close to Sanchez and the only difference is Rex had a RB beast to carry Sanchez and Darnold doesnt. Wait till cold and wet wind comes to town, Do you feel like Darnold will be better? More accurate? Better passes? Cant blame all on Sam. He shouldnt have been ranked so high coming out and in no way started this year. Mikey our famous GM who gets the first pick of top 10 in first rd right and then FAILS and never gets the right QB, needs to GO! BTW Jets needs to Draft a QB in first round next year until they get it right. Redskins did it and got Cousins right drafting 2 in first round.
              Cousins was a 4th round pick. I have no idea if Darnold will be good, but I do know he won't succeed with the Jets. Its the worst organization in sports. I just feel bad for Darnold being drafted by the Jets. He deserves a chance to succeed.
              sigpic

              Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

              10/8/03-3/15/16

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

                Cousins was a 4th round pick. I have no idea if Darnold will be good, but I do know he won't succeed with the Jets. Its the worst organization in sports. I just feel bad for Darnold being drafted by the Jets. He deserves a chance to succeed.
                My point was keep Drafting a QB till we get it right. I still think Darnold can be an average QB for Jets! My issues are GM,HC,OC are not capable at their Jobs. First starting Darnold is a mistake. 3 Games in 10 days is no way to help a Rookie QB. Top it off with a 4th game against the Jags just spells regression all over it. Jets Org. was no way ready to start Darnold with a avg. OLine and poor RB tandem that cant pound it up the middle. I hope Jets bench Darnold this next game, step back and put some thought into Play calling for him in week 5. I hope at the end Jets CLEANs house of GM-HC-OC and get a Coach to help Darnold to be that top 15-to 20 ranked QB that can help that Jets while we look for that Franchise QB to Draft. This whole Mess is on Jets Org. and I feel bad for Darnold being put in this stupidly awful ,pathetic run Org. Its not fair to Darnold at all.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by gastineau View Post

                  My point was keep Drafting a QB till we get it right. I still think Darnold can be an average QB for Jets! My issues are GM,HC,OC are not capable at their Jobs. First starting Darnold is a mistake. 3 Games in 10 days is no way to help a Rookie QB. Top it off with a 4th game against the Jags just spells regression all over it. Jets Org. was no way ready to start Darnold with a avg. OLine and poor RB tandem that cant pound it up the middle. I hope Jets bench Darnold this next game, step back and put some thought into Play calling for him in week 5. I hope at the end Jets CLEANs house of GM-HC-OC and get a Coach to help Darnold to be that top 15-to 20 ranked QB that can help that Jets while we look for that Franchise QB to Draft. This whole Mess is on Jets Org. and I feel bad for Darnold being put in this stupidly awful ,pathetic run Org. Its not fair to Darnold at all.
                  I still think Darnold is our FQB. He has too many intangibles. He has one weapon. ONE!! He has 4 awful OL and one average one. He has one decent RB and one THUG. Pryor, Anderson and Crowell should be cut today. I don't think you waste a pick on a QB the bet two years. You must get OL help and a pass rusher. Problem is like you and I have said it this is a pathetic organization.
                  sigpic

                  Miss ya buddy!! Never forgotten.

                  10/8/03-3/15/16

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    jets_73_1280.jpg

                    RIP Chad - ur not alone...
                    All posts made are assuming no cheating is taking place & most posts are just repeats of things I have heard & read. I'm no football smart guy & that's why I'm here!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Its to early to say Sam will not be good or our FOB. His OL is shit. His CS is terrible and he is running for his life on almost every freaking play. The OC play calling has been shitty too but.. when the OL can not sustain blocks, open holes for run game then he has no choice but to tailor the game plan to get the ball out of his hands fast.

                      I am concerned about his parchment for going to #81 and that maybe because he knows he has little to no time to go through his progressions. We shall see...

                      IMHO Mac should be taken to the wood shed for not making this OL better then it is... you win games in the trenches and our OL is losing big time. Wait till Jacksonville... you'll see the same dam plan because the OC doesn't trust his OL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post

                        I still think Darnold is our FQB. He has too many intangibles. He has one weapon. ONE!! He has 4 awful OL and one average one. He has one decent RB and one THUG. Pryor, Anderson and Crowell should be cut today. I don't think you waste a pick on a QB the bet two years. You must get OL help and a pass rusher. Problem is like you and I have said it this is a pathetic organization.
                        My G_d by yor post you would think the Jets are a bad team

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by soj View Post
                          Its to early to say Sam will not be good or our FOB. His OL is shit. His CS is terrible and he is running for his life on almost every freaking play. The OC play calling has been shitty too but.. when the OL can not sustain blocks, open holes for run game then he has no choice but to tailor the game plan to get the ball out of his hands fast.

                          I am concerned about his parchment for going to #81 and that maybe because he knows he has little to no time to go through his progressions. We shall see...

                          IMHO Mac should be taken to the wood shed for not making this OL better then it is... you win games in the trenches and our OL is losing big time. Wait till Jacksonville... you'll see the same dam plan because the OC doesn't trust his OL.
                          I agree on the OL but to be fair how many good ones are coming out of school

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Jets Org. is disgraceful . I stand by Darnold not starting this year until getting a big RB and couple OL. But still got to blame some of those INTs on Darnold and cant keep putting it all on O Line every play. Darnold had plenty of time to complete passes on many plays and either held too long or poor pass. Everyone knew he had these issues in College and it wasnt poor footwork like Allen that can be corrected, but bad decisions and poorly thrown passes that cause those INTs in college and NFL. Yes we need to help Darnold in both RB and O Line, but fixing him to be a franchise QB? I have doubts about that just like I did about Sanchez. Im pulling for Darnold because Im sick of watching Jets missing over and over on QBs not getting that Franchise QB. 1965 is a long time watching my Jets throw darts and just cant get it right and if this dart missed I might be done. I dont have another 50 years of watching Jets eff around with dart board QBs picks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by gastineau View Post
                              Jets Org. is disgraceful . I stand by Darnold not starting this year until getting a big RB and couple OL. But still got to blame some of those INTs on Darnold and cant keep putting it all on O Line every play. Darnold had plenty of time to complete passes on many plays and either held too long or poor pass. Everyone knew he had these issues in College and it wasnt poor footwork like Allen that can be corrected, but bad decisions and poorly thrown passes that cause those INTs in college and NFL. Yes we need to help Darnold in both RB and O Line, but fixing him to be a franchise QB? I have doubts about that just like I did about Sanchez. Im pulling for Darnold because Im sick of watching Jets missing over and over on QBs not getting that Franchise QB. 1965 is a long time watching my Jets throw darts and just cant get it right and if this dart missed I might be done. I dont have another 50 years of watching Jets eff around with dart board QBs picks.
                              I can't give up on a guy that just started...Darnold may still be great..........but unlike some on here that think he is the second coming....lets wait & see

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X