2023 Team needs thread.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I'm tired of all of the Becton related stuff and the lack of camp related discussions.

RT - as much as JD would probably not want 'Becton to bust, it's looking more and more like it will happen. I'm rooting for the big guy, but I can see another slow, behind schedule rehab from him. If I'm wrong and the Jets draft gold, then that's a good problem.

LB (2) - This is a no-brainer. I see the Jets drafting only one LB and addressing the other via free agency.

S - Lamarcus Joyner is getting up there in age.

WR - I don't see Davis as re-upping.

K - Whoever will start in 2022 will be among the lower tier of NFL kickers. We need a kicker who can "Bend it like Becton" .... too soon?

DT - I like Quinnen. But I he may be in disagreement with salary requirements.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Usually these type of threads are reserved for a team with no hope for the coming year, but this may be the exception. There is a lot of hope at least from my perspective that this is the year that we turn it around. However, I'm not so unrealistic to think that we are without holes in the roster. Clearly, OT is a need even if MaxM turns out to be the answer at RT. Fant, Brown and an unreliable Becton (as much as I'm rooting for the young man) are not long term answers. I would also throw in C and OG as areas where I'd like to see some developmental pieces added.
In terms of Innocenti's list I'm not necessarily in agreement with S and WR, as I think we have stocked those positions pretty well and this year may prove that out. I wouldn't invest high draft capital in either position in the next draft or two until I see how/if Wilson/Moore/Smith evolve and same goes with Pinnock and to a lesser degree Davis's progress. LB could be an area where JD dives into particularly if the right value is available. I thought this past year there were a couple of guys who would have been good fits, but it didn't happen. On the DL we are arguably as strong as I have seen, but as 'I' correctly states getting Q to agree on JD's terms may be difficult. I view Jonathan Marshall as a guy who has the potential to fill Q's role and this year will be critical for us to find that out.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Usually these type of threads are reserved for a team with no hope for the coming year, but this may be the exception. There is a lot of hope at least from my perspective that this is the year that we turn it around. However, I'm not so unrealistic to think that we are without holes in the roster. Clearly, OT is a need even if MaxM turns out to be the answer at RT. Fant, Brown and an unreliable Becton (as much as I'm rooting for the young man) are not long term answers. I would also throw in C and OG as areas where I'd like to see some developmental pieces added.
In terms of Innocenti's list I'm not necessarily in agreement with S and WR, as I think we have stocked those positions pretty well and this year may prove that out. I wouldn't invest high draft capital in either position in the next draft or two until I see how/if Wilson/Moore/Smith evolve and same goes with Pinnock and to a lesser degree Davis's progress. LB could be an area where JD dives into particularly if the right value is available. I thought this past year there were a couple of guys who would have been good fits, but it didn't happen. On the DL we are arguably as strong as I have seen, but as 'I' correctly states getting Q to agree on JD's terms may be difficult. I view Jonathan Marshall as a guy who has the potential to fill Q's role and this year will be critical for us to find that out.
Yeah well it's Becton or Dwayne Brown. Nobody wants to talk about anything else going on in camp. ie ZW went 13/16 in practice (3 drops), 2 TD passes, 1 rushing TD and there's no discussion about it.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I think the Jets look pretty good on paper. Of course, we don’t know until we see it. A lot of the 2023 draft is gonna depend on how well the rookies and 2nd year players develop. I’m always a big believer in drafting edge rushers high. If a big #1 WR is there to replace Corey Davis that works, too. (Think DK Metcalf). If a great Tackle prospect is there, why not? Duane Brown’s only on a two year deal and close to Social Security. Off ball LB’s, Safeties, and IOL can be had in the middle rounds, IMO.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
I think the Jets look pretty good on paper. Of course, we don’t know until we see it. A lot of the 2023 draft is gonna depend on how well the rookies and 2nd year players develop. I’m always a big believer in drafting edge rushers high. If a big #1 WR is there to replace Corey Davis that works, too. (Think DK Metcalf). If a great Tackle prospect is there, why not? Duane Brown’s only on a two year deal and close to Social Security. Off ball LB’s, Safeties, and IOL can be had in the middle rounds, IMO.
Concur with the bolded. And as you pointed out in another thread, he's not really an ideal build for RT. Max Mitchell isn't either. He's already stated that he has a lot of trouble getting his weight above 310 or so.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
NewTeam name in another city or possibly country with new owner, new everything

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Jets need a zero who can plug the middle and hope that JJ develops into that edge who can set the edge and realize when a screen is being utilized.
I don’t know why this coaching staff hasn’t yet come to the conclusion that JFM can’t set the edge and is a much better football player inside as opposed to lining up at DE where he can’t set the edge and doesn’t have the get-off to be a premier edge rusher.