UAB Pro Day Results

Jets Global

Jet Fans United
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The UAB football program held its annual pro-day Wednesday at the UAB Football Operations Complex with scouts present from all 32 NFL teams and a few others from the CFL. There were 11 total players who participated in drills ranging from the 40-yard dash to bench press.

Here are numbers that AL.com gathered for UAB players hoping to impress a few franchises:

NOTE: 40 times are unofficial and bench press reps at 225 pounds.

Alex Wright -- Defensive End
Height: 6′ 5 1/8″
Weight: 272
Bench press: 15 (NFL Combine)
Vertical jump: N/A
Broad jump: N/A
40-yard dash: N/A

Notes: Wright suffered a left pectoral injury during the combine and only participated in defensive line/linebacker drills during Pro Day.

Jacob Batts -- Defensive End
Height: 5′ 10 5/8″
Weight: 200
Bench press: 12
Vertical jump: 37″
Broad jump: 10′2″
40-yard dash: 4.73

Notes: Batt’s vertical is tied for sixth among NFL Combine invitees and his broad jump is tied for ninth. His 40-yard dash time is good for 13 out of the 21 defensive ends that ran at the NFL Combine.

Mi’Cario Stanley -- Defensive Tackle
Height: 6′ 1/4″
Weight: 271
Bench press: 24
Vertical jump: 25″
Broad jump: 8′9″

Notes: Stanley did not run the 40-yard dash but his bench press total is second most among Combine players.

He said it: “Feel real good, man. Feel good about everything. I couldn’t run because of a mild calf sprain but I excelled in the drills and showed my athletic ability. It’ll pay off in the end if I leave it in God’s hands.”

Justin Thomas -- Defensive Tackle
Height: 6′ 3 1/8″
Weight: 268
Bench press: 22
Vertical jump: 29 1/2″
Broad jump: 9′4″
40-yard dash: 4.85

Notes: Thomas had an excellent showing during UAB’s Pro Day. His bench press total is fourth among NFL Combine defensive tackles and his broad jump is tied for second. Thomas’s vertical jump is fifth and his 40-yard dash is the third-fastest among defensive tackles at the NFL Combine.

Tyree Turner -- Defensive Tackle
Height: 5′ 11 1/2″
Weight: 293
Bench press: 22
Vertical jump: 24 1/2″
Broad jump: 7′11″

Notes: Turner did not participate in the 40-yard dash but his bench press totals are fourth among NFL Combine invitees, matching teammate Justin Thomas.

Dy’jonn Turner -- Safety
Height: 5′ 10″
Weight: 199
Bench press: 16
Vertical jump: 36″
Broad jump: 10′0″
40-yard dash: 4.52

Notes: Turner improved his stock a great deal during UAB’s Pro Day. His bench press totals are good for sixth among NFL Combine safety participants and his vertical jump is eighth. Turner’s 40-yard dash matches that of what Auburn’s Smoke Monday recorded at the NFL Combine.

He said it: “I felt good. I trained well so my preparation made me feel good about today. My skill set (is large), I’m a smart player and played several positions in the secondary.”

Troy Young -- Safety
Height: 5′ 11 5/8″
Weight: 211
Bench press: 17
Vertical jump: 33 1/2″
Broad jump: 9′9″
40-yard dash: 4.58

Notes: Young’s bench press totals are good for fifth among safety participants at the NFL Combine.

Colby Ragland -- Offensive Line
Height: 6′ 4 3/4″
Weight: 300
Bench press: 20
Vertical jump: 26″
Broad jump: 8′0″
40-yard dash: 5.52

He said it: “I feel like that will help me the most, my range and versatility. I can play inside, outside and I can snap. That keeps guys around and I’m banking on it.”

Jakoby Jones -- Offensive Line
Height: 6′ 7/8″
Weight: 299
Bench press: 25
Vertical jump: 31″
Broad jump: 8′6″
40-yard dash: 5.50

Notes: Jones’ bench press totals are tied for eighth among NFL Combine offensive linemen and his vertical is tied for fifth.

Gerrit Prince -- Tight End
Height: 6′ 4 1/2″
Weight: 241
Bench press: 14
Vertical jump: 32 1/2″
Broad jump: 9′6″
40-yard dash: 4.68

Notes: Prince’s vertical jump tied the seventh-best among tight ends at the NFL Combine and his 40-yard dash was fifth among tight ends.
He said it: “I feel good about it. Been training for a long time and dreaming about this forever. I feel good about my performance. I came out here and laid all out on the line. Happy going home for sure.”

Hayden Pittman -- Tight End
Height: 6′ 3″
Weight: 233
Bench press: 15
Vertical jump: 33″
Broad jump: 9′4″
40-yard dash: 4.90

Notes: Pittman’s vertical jump would tie for sixth among tight ends at the NFL Combine.

He said it: “Feeling good, sir. This is the best I’ve ever felt, I think. I still got to run some routes but I feel like it went well. I’m definitely experienced (63 career games) but the main thing is staying in the training room and keeping your body right.”