49ers are expected to release Dee Ford?

Official Jets

Administrator
Big Fish
Jets Beat
Jet Fanatics
The San Francisco 49ers may finally be giving up hope on veteran pass rusher Dee Ford. General manager John Lynch, speaking with reporters at the NFL owners meetings on Monday, didn't sound optimistic about Ford's chances of returning to the team in 2022.
Could Robert Saleh be interested in reuniting with a former linebacker, to what is said to be a linebacker needy team?

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Hey, folks.
This is the Jets and NOT the Statue of Liberty.
There is no sign saying, "Give us your tired, your poor, your players yearning for another payday".
Unless we feel the player can make a significant contribution to the Jets, there's no need to salivate over every player cut by every other team this off season.
I'll climb down off my soap box now.
Later

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Hey, folks.
This is the Jets and NOT the Statue of Liberty.
There is no sign saying, "Give us your tired, your poor, your players yearning for another payday".
Unless we feel the player can make a significant contribution to the Jets, there's no need to salivate over every player cut by every other team this off season.
I'll climb down off my soap box now.
Later
Give that fan an offering. Preach .

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
...yeah because the UDFA from Middle Tennessee St will be ready to start week 1. Some of the same people who are saying no think that we should go into the season starting Hall and Echols at CB.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
We need LBs. Does anyone think there are better options?
If we’re going to be running a 4-2-5 scheme as our base, then why do we need more linebackers? We have our 2 starters in Mosley and Williams backed up by Sherwood and Nass. Then behind them we have Harris and possibly DQ . The guy who I can see playing an OLBer in a 34 scheme is Martin . Why do we need more linebackers. I have to see how this team deals with the run in preseason before I think about any additions and to be honest the only addition I would entertain is a pure NT .

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
We need LBs. Does anyone think there are better options?

Saleh seems to like Quincy Williams, but he’s weak against the run. CJ Mosley is the only quality LB on this team. Yea I know we run a lot of 4-2-5 sets, but we need something else at LB. I’m surprised we haven’t addressed it more. They’re putting a ton of faith in Sherwood and Nasirldeen. Banged up, undersized safety converts who didn’t exactly impress when they did play. It’s the only part of this team that worries me.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I have to see how this team deals with the run in preseason before I think about any additions and to be honest the only addition I would entertain is a pure NT .

to take up room on a bench while the rest of the Wide 9 DLine are playing?

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
...yeah because the UDFA from Middle Tennessee St will be ready to start week 1. Some of the same people who are saying no think that we should go into the season starting Hall and Echols at CB.

who in their right minds are saying they should start over Gardner and DJ?

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
who in their right minds are saying they should start over Gardner and DJ?
There were some saying that we didn't need to draft a CB and that Hall and Echols would be ok with an improved pass rush.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
Saleh seems to like Quincy Williams, but he’s weak against the run. CJ Mosley is the only quality LB on this team. Yea I know we run a lot of 4-2-5 sets, but we need something else at LB. I’m surprised we haven’t addressed it more. They’re putting a ton of faith in Sherwood and Nasirldeen. Banged up, undersized safety converts who didn’t exactly impress when they did play. It’s the only part of this team that worries me.
And Mosley will be a cap casualty after this season.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
There were some saying that we didn't need to draft a CB and that Hall and Echols would be ok with an improved pass rush.
i was one of them given the addition of DJ. But after we took Sauce, those bets were off.
my theory was if we went with DJ, Hall, and Echols, that opened us up to get potentially Icky or Neal at RT, then the best remaining DE at 10.

JD blew everyone away by getting the best CB, the best WR, and then one of the best DE's in the first, then the best RB in round 2; leaving the completion of the OLine to next year.

but "with" Sauce and DJ... it's gotta be Sauce and DJ.

Innocenti

Ospedale degli Innocenti
Jet Fanatics
i was one of them given the addition of DJ. But after we took Sauce, those bets were off.
my theory was if we went with DJ, Hall, and Echols, that opened us up to get potentially Icky or Neal at RT, then the best remaining DE at 10.

JD blew everyone away by getting the best CB, the best WR, and then one of the best DE's in the first, then the best RB in round 2; leaving the completion of the OLine to next year.

but "with" Sauce and DJ... it's gotta be Sauce and DJ.
To me, even if it's possible to go with Hall and DJ, it's still a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to make that work (especially since it didn't work last season)...that and red flags, particularly with Hall. The Jets were lacking in talent last season...hence the 4-13 record. We had high draft picks and that's what they were there for.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
To me, even if it's possible to go with Hall and DJ, it's still a lot of pressure on the coaching staff to make that work (especially since it didn't work last season)...that and red flags, particularly with Hall. The Jets were lacking in talent last season...hence the 4-13 record. We had high draft picks and that's what they were there for.

you're correct, but i also get opposing P.O.V.

our DBs were not as horrid as the numbers played out; they got roasted, but they were also asked to hold down the fort longer because of a really bad QB hit percentage, QB pressure percentage, and Sack total.

the cool thing is that it's not up for debate anymore... (a.) Hall and Echols are CB's 3 and 4 on the outside with DJ & Sauce, and (b.) we have JJ2 and Clemons to help Lawson fix the abysmal pass rush; none of them were there with Q & JFM who will also be better as a result of new line mates.

the cool thing 2.0... whether you're a coverage sack enthusiast or a QB pressure interception enthusiast, JD tried to make us all happy.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Who knows better than coach ?
I’ll leave it up to him