Boomer and Gio setting Jets straight

EZJETS

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Did anyone catch todays show? Boomer put some name calling writer in his place that called Boomer a liar and basing his opinion on Becton of being over weight silly by a picture. Boomer said he knows for a Fact Becton over 395lbs and didn’t say that on a guess. Writer said well how about cutting Becton comments are stupid and never happen. Boomer said are you sure? Boomer said GM is furious of Becton not coming to see Jets over 6 months and comes in looking like this while being paid millions. Writer said still not cutting him and Boomer said it would be only the owner to stop them from cutting him. Boomer didn’t take shots at the guy but made him look bad making claims Becton in great shape ready to go and Boomers comments are a lie to the writer doesn’t know what he was talking about. Lmao writer said no hard feelings and Boomer mad said , yeah right!

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I got no love for Boomer. I list all respect for him after what he did to O’Brien. Him and Coslet can both go dry up.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I got no love for Boomer. I list all respect for him after what he did to O’Brien. Him and Coslet can both go dry up.

that's on Coslet, not Boomer. i am betting if Boomer had it to do his way, he would have waited for Kenny to be traded.
Cannot say that for sure, but he did seem surprised.

the Jets did not handle his departure well at all.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
This is a pic I pulled off a mandatory camp photo. MB was in the background. I don’t know about you guys, but this is what I want my lineman to look like. He doesn’t look fat and out of shape to me. The word that comes to mind is immovable 7263302B-CFCE-45B8-A29D-AF34D7690875.jpg

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Maybe I am wearing the green colored glasses but I have a feeling that the “big bust” revenge tour is going to make a lot of people eat their words.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
that's on Coslet, not Boomer. i am betting if Boomer had it to do his way, he would have waited for Kenny to be traded.
Cannot say that for sure, but he did seem surprised.

the Jets did not handle his departure well at all.
Boomer was Coslet’s QB in Cincinnati. He should have done better but IMO that’s the type of person I see him as . I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This is a pic I pulled off a mandatory camp photo. MB was in the background. I don’t know about you guys, but this is what I want my lineman to look like. He doesn’t look fat and out of shape to me. The word that comes to mind is immovable View attachment 3925
I'm going to tell you what concerns me with Becton is what we see in girls/women. Becton seems to have an abnormal Q angle which basically means the knees dive in. That leads to patellar dislocation and ACL injuries. Add an overweight body and injuries could mount up.

BlindsideD'Brick

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Becton is a big man. We knew this all along. He’s got over two months to be ready to play. I’ll reserve judgement until then.

It’ll be interesting to see what some of these critics will say if Becton is ready to go week one and playing well. I have a strong suspicion that they’ll be acting like they never criticized him, and it’s a “non-issue”.

Just a hunch.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Becton is a big man. We knew this all along. He’s got over two months to be ready to play. I’ll reserve judgement until then.

It’ll be interesting to see what some of these critics will say if Becton is ready to go week one and playing well. I have a strong suspicion that they’ll be acting like they never criticized him, and it’s a “non-issue”.

Just a hunch.
The hunch I have is this will be a question every single year. Like you said he is a big man, but he is a big man with a fat family. His weight will be an issue his whole career. I want Becton to pan out, but the yo yo will catch up to him. See my last post for why I think based on pics I've seen of Becton, he has some structural issues that could be a bigger problem.

Last edited:

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
Boomer was Coslet’s QB in Cincinnati. He should have done better but IMO that’s the type of person I see him as . I could be wrong but I doubt it.
i agree that they handled the introduction of Boomer and unceremonious jettison of Kenny horribly. i am just saying that Boomer didn't have a role to control any of that. That was inexcusable by Mgt and the coaching staff.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics

Just a hunch.

agreed... we have to see where he is at, and what he did to get himself into shape when TC starts.
with green tinted glasses on, the hope should be that he was working on his strength thru rehabbing, and conditioning from now thru TC.

if that's the case, the Revenge Tour will be a fun ride. Even if the Revenge Tour is a made up thing in MB's mind to motivate himself.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I'm going to tell you what concerns me with Becton is what we see in girls/women. Becton seems to have an abnormal Q angle which basically means the knees dive in. That leads to patellar dislocation and ACL injuries. Add an overweight body and injuries could mount up.

i always wondered why some people have that and some do not. is there something a person with it can do to remedy that?

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
It's not the dive in that concerns me it is the drive-in. He does look like an injury weighting to happen

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
i always wondered why some people have that and some do not. is there something a person with it can do to remedy that?
Somewhat there can be interventions and strengthening exercises to minimize injuries. I see it all the time with the girls I coach because they have wider hips. Becton also has wide hips as well. Lots of hip/glute exercises will help it. Much of it they develop it after puberty and then athletes are less likely to fix the issue. They spend too much time getting way stronger and making the deficiency much worse.