During the last 55 plus years

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
How many years were you really hopeful? I look back & say 16 of 55 plus years....last year I knew was not in the cards.

1969 I was thinking repeat.
1970 I had not woken up yet.
1972 the dream was still alive for a year of joe & a prayer.

Late 70's had my season tickets & was alive with the new jets....Ok I was sleeping.

80's same as above until 1988
1997-1999 Ok Bill Parcells had me fooled.
2008 & 2009 - 2010 & Farve & Ryan ........As the who said I was fooled again.

Last edited:

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
How many years were you really hopeful? I look back & say 16 of 55 plus years....last year I knew was not in the cards.

1969 I was thinking repeat.
1970 I had not woken up yet.
1972 the dream was still alive for a year of joe & a prayer.

Late 70's had my season tickets & was alive with the new jets....Ok I was sleeping.

80's same as above until 1988
1997-1999 Ok Bill Parcells had me fooled.
2008 & 2009 - 2010 & Farve & Ryan ........As the who said I was fooled again.
You are right. We could have been Giants and had a shelf with four Lombardi's. My friend said to me before the Namath draft, "Let's root for the underdog". Here I am still with hope and a freight load of disappointments still bleeding green . For life!

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
really weren't many years at all

The period from mid 67 to about the time you figured that Namath's legs were so shot that there was no way to run an offense, less the year's he got hurt early

The period from the Barkum TD vs Miami in '81 to about mid '83 when you saw that they're back to suck mode

Then they became a full time road team

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
mudbowl season had hope but for 3 Miami losses

1986 Until Miami kicked our ass on Monday night football, after that me and Paul maguire knew we would lose out.

when Parcells came that was the only time I had real hope. The year Vinny went down was the only year I expected a Super Bowl win at the start of the season.

loved Rex, but never felt entirely confident in the defense stopping a game winning drive and never had confidence in the offense

so, once

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Its a good thing I was on a business flight during the AFC championship game (the two fumble game) or I would either have had an embolism or destroyed my TV. Or both.
And I would have given up my fandom then.
I didn't learn about it until later, and decided to stay a fan.
So now I get to say "Fuck me" repeatedly.
Later

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Its a good thing I was on a business flight during the AFC championship game (the two fumble game) or I would either have had an embolism or destroyed my TV. Or both.
And I would have given up my fandom then.
I didn't learn about it until later, and decided to stay a fan.
So now I get to say "Fuck me" repeatedly.
Later
No joke, my coffee table was never the same after that game. EDIT: What my wife could find of it.