Fear The Walking Dead "Always Accountable" Episode Discussion (SPOILERS)

TeachDown

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
SPOILER ALERT! If you haven't watched tonight's episode of The Walking Dead, don't read any further!

Tonight's episode of The Walking Dead took us on a detour from Alexandria and was heavily Daryl-centric. With Glenn's "death," it seems that Daryl has become the moral compass of the group, which worries me. Why hasn't our group of survivors learned that when you help a stranger, you could wind up in danger or worse - death? Alas, Daryl hasn't learned that lesson just yet.

After reuniting with Abraham and Sasha, and being successful in luring the rest of the horde of walkers away from Alexandria, the trio was ambushed by a new? group of nefarious survivors. This new group doesn't seem to be the wolves that we encountered at Alexandria earlier this season based on the conversations between Daryl and his abductors. This new group seems to have their own safe-zone and their own rules. If you've read the graphic novel and have been paying attention to recent casting news, this group seems to be the saviors, led by none other than Negan, a character who is just as, if not more ruthless than the governor. This means, that for the first time, our group of survivors, have to contend with not only one villainous group, but two.

Daryl's encounter with the trio that abducted him after the ambush at the beginning of the episode that separated him from Abraham and Sasha proved that no one can be trusted in the apocalypse. The trio believed that Daryl worked for the people that they are running from and after a setback revealed that he was not part of that group, he took the opportunity to escape. His morality however got the best of him when he discovered that along with his crossbow, he took a cooler with insulin that the trio needed for a young girl in their group. Instead of doing the smart thing and running, Daryl went back to help the trio. Ultimately his efforts were for naught, as the girl who needed the insulin wound up dying anyway and the other two turned on him as they stole his motorcycle and crossbow, leaving him defenseless.

Sure enough, Daryl isn't that easily defeated and once he made his escape, found a gas truck and reunited with Abraham and Sasha, who seemed to be getting cozy in an abandoned town. Albeit, the "relationship" seems a bit one-sided as Abraham seems to be getting the hots for Sasha. I wonder what Rosita will think?

I think the best part of the episode was the surprise ending when Daryl tried radioing for Rick and got a response from an unknown male saying one word, "help." Is this person, someone from the new group these three just encountered? Is it a trap set by the wolves? Or, could it be, Glenn? I'm hoping it's Glenn, but I think that would be too easy.

There's only two episodes left until the mid-season finale and still no official answer on Glenn. Hopefully this will be revealed soon...

What did you think of tonight's episode? Talk the Walk.

jetfan29

Day 3 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Assuming they're all on a known shared frequency it's a good possibility it's Glenn.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And who's blood is dripping through the wall?
Hope it's not Rosita, Rick left her on top of the look out
image.jpg