Gase lost the locker room

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Read a report on MSN that Gase has lost the locker room and players doesn’t respect him. No surprise . Hey johnson brothers...... you listening???? Any throughts????

munchmemory

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
The New York Jets hired head coach Adam Gase with the hope that he could turn the team around and bring energy to the locker room. Instead, New York (5-9) continues to look awful and Gase is reportedly already losing the respect of his players.

According to Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller, an unnamed Jets player detailed just how quickly Gase’s reputation deteriorated and that players simply don’t respect him. According to the player, Gase’s attitude and the team’s offensive struggles have quickly turned many players against Gase.

It’s difficult to blame players for quickly turning on Gase. He failed during his tenure with the Miami Dolphins and players seem to get better when he leaves. Whether it’s Ryan Tannehill thriving with the Miami Dolphins or the Dolphins showing fight under Brian Flores, everyone seems to do better without Gase.

Meanwhile, the Jets are averaging the second-fewest total yards (274.1) and fifth-fewest points per game (17.6). This, on a team with Sam Darnold, Le’Veon Bell and Robby Anderson.

While Gase’s job is reportedly safe for now, that could change if the team loses its final two games and the offense continues to look stale. If Gase remains the head coach in 2020, it’s difficult to see the Jets turning things around if players don’t respect their head coach.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
An unnamed Jet's player ? ? Why am I not going to put much stock in that report. Not saying it isn't true. He's certainly lost support from most of us but it just sounds too fishy to me in light of what I have personally heard from interviewed players on that subject. I would be delighted if it did turn out to be accurate because it might make the Johnson boys reconsider their decision to keep him on.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Not sure how much of this is true. If true, very concerning. But that the player was not willing to put a name to it shows that he hasn't fully lost it. If he had, that player wouldn't care about attaching their name to such a quote.

AZSOJ

50 yrs
Jet Fanatics
Well is anyone really surprised - maybe the JJ bros are - but I think most fans felt this was a bad hire but once it was done they wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want because of what he did or didn't do in Miami and now repeated here is terrible. CJ is a ass for listening to Payton and now he boxed himself in a corner …

When you have one comment you take it with a grain of salt, when you have two then there is smoke and where there is smoke there is.....
If its true he should be fired for cause and not paid ….

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
The unnamed player is supposedly Jamal Adams and the info came second hand from Ed Reed, who Adams opened up to during his visit.
I didn't expect him to lose the team until next season so it's good to see we're ahead of schedule......

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I love Jamal Adams' game. I wish he'd be a bit less outspoken.

Concerned about Gase, but I want to see what happens when he has a solid, healthy roster. If they're not winning and he has lost the locker room at that point, then it speaks volumes.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics

Concerned about Gase, but I want to see what happens when he has a solid, healthy roster. If they're not winning and he has lost the locker room at that point, then it speaks volumes.
i would take the best offseason offer for adams & keep it moving..

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
i would take the best offseason offer for adams & keep it moving..

I'd set a high price and move him if it's met. He's a great player, but he will only continue to be a headache. And CB is more important than S, especially if Maye continues to develop.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics

Once a coach loses the respect of the players, it's over. Especially when the coach has a grating personality like Gase. His only hope is if there are a few players who he hasn't lost and the massive roster turnover buys him a second chance.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Once a coach loses the respect of the players, it's over. Especially when the coach has a grating personality like Gase. His only hope is if there are a few players who he hasn't lost and the massive roster turnover buys him a second chance.

Oh, I know. I just don't know if he absolutely has or not.

The tough guy act has a much longer shelf life when a team is winning.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
He puts football above everything else. It's sort a Belichick-like mentality. But without the success, it wears on you.
I agree. That's why we were filmed with the early season schedule. Then with all the injuries too. Gase had no chance. Not saying he doesn't suck, but this season isn't proof. The only thing I will add is that other teams have injuries and still look better than us.