Here is a thought: QB Brad Smith 2.0

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Lets assume Sam Darnold is out for another two weeks at least to make sure he is healthy to return...

We all know and seen how anemic Joe Flacco is under center, technically playing more shotgun but is a liability...

Want to see what this team can be with a lil bit more flexibility from the QB situation then put in a RPO QB like Jeff Smith...

It can be emergency situational QB, but it can not get any worse then what Flacco is doing out there...

I don't care about #1 overall pick, for a team this f*cked up all we will do is destroy another quarterback out of college..

Connor McGovern is fine at center but his interior supporting cast is a travesty putting him in no win situations...

So how to fix it, switch from what ever zone blocking scheme they are trying to execute and a power run scheme... This means we need to convert someone into the full time full back, with the backside guard that is mobile enough to pull and block out front... Both Lewis and Van Roten can do this job... Frank Gore, La'Mical Perine are perfect fit backs to run in this scheme which also allows a player like Ty Johnson to be a home run hitter in this scheme...

With this scheme the RPO is now available, regardless of who is our receivers or tight ends everyone will be able to get open because they will need to stay home with a spy to contain Jeff Smith who has the wheels to do something if need be...

Cameron Clark comes back he is not suitable for left tackle but with his athleticism he can hold down the right tackle spot in this scheme... Opens the door for Becton when healthy to return to the other tackle spot which will elevate this power run scheme... The other roster move is making Chuma Edoga the back up center a position he played in college for his former and current team mate Sam Darnold... Josh Andrews would remain the backup guard for both sides and have McDermott the backup tackle for left and right... Immediately Fant will get another shot for the next two weeks at left tackle basically putting tape for a team that is eager to trade for him before the dead line...

Thoughts???

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
How about they run the triple option like Army with Smith ?

It would confuse the heck out of an NFL defense for a (short) while. Works that way for the Black Knights

Of course it would never happen but gee it would make it entertaining for a bit

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I like the triple option. Two beers & a hotdog.

I am all in on this as 0 points is 0 points as the great football mind Jerry Howard one said we are going nowhere fast

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Sorry guys, Im not really interested in fixing our Jets and been like this since game one. I want the Clemson QB and a good HC. Im willing tob suffer this awful season to get our future QB with extra picks in Draft and big CAP.