Huff to Eagles

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
JD definitely screwed this up, but Huff has one decent year out of 4. At least theoretically he drafted his replacement.
JD cut his teeth in Baltimore and he is operating (at least in this case) by their model. He was never going to sign Huff for the money he was looking for and block a guy with a higher ceiling. The successful organizations are typically drafting with an eye towards filling a need one-two years down the road and that is what happened here. The criticism is that he didn’t trade him at deadline.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
JD cut his teeth in Baltimore and he is operating (at least in this case) by their model. He was never going to sign Huff for the money he was looking for and block a guy with a higher ceiling. The successful organizations are typically drafting with an eye towards filling a need one-two years down the road and that is what happened here. The criticism is that he didn’t trade him at deadline.
According to NFL insiders, JD cut his teeth on ribs, calzones, burgers, lo mein and repeated visits to various Viennese Tables.

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Still don't understand why you wouldn't franchise him and then try and trade him, will we even see a comp pick for him by the time we have signed our own FA's?

Surely the Eagles would have given us a decent pick if they were willing to pay him that much?

I might be being naive though?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Still don't understand why you wouldn't franchise him and then try and trade him, will we even see a comp pick for him by the time we have signed our own FA's?

Surely the Eagles would have given us a decent pick if they were willing to pay him that much?

I might be being naive though?
This was the strategy I wanted JD to implore, but he lost him for nothing knowing a full year in advance Huff and his reps wanted a huge deal or they were walking. There was no hometown discount coming, no “thank you for developing me”, he made it clear last year “it’s about the money, he’s an UDFA and he wants to get his now”.

Nothing wrong with that, but we knew what was coming and chose to do nothing.