I am going to miss the Jets opening day game

Johnny Unite Us

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
I rarely miss a Jets game (on TV).

However, I am going to miss this Sunday's game vs. Cleveland.

My wife has MS. All summer, she has been training for a 50 mile "MS Challenge Walk". She raised a lot of money for her walk, which takes place today, tomorrow, and Sunday. She will cross the finish line in Hyannis (Cape Cod) around 2:00 on Sunday. Obviously, I want to be there because it is a huge accomplishment for her. But, at the same time, I want to watch the Jets.

I am going to attempt the almost-impossible in this day and age. I am going to try to avoid all forms of communication so that I can DVR the Jets game and watch it when I get back without knowing the outcome. I probably won't be back until 6:30 or so.

Is this even possible?

Should I stay home, watch the game live, and just text her a "congratulations" message at half-time? Would it be out of line if I asked her to pick up a pizza on her way back home?

These are the things that trouble my mind.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics

My wife has MS. All summer, she has been training for a 50 mile "MS Challenge Walk". She raised a lot of money for her walk, which takes place today, tomorrow, and Sunday. She will cross the finish line in Hyannis (Cape Cod) around 2:00 on Sunday. Obviously, I want to be there because it is a huge accomplishment for her. But, at the same time, I want to watch the Jets.

I am going to attempt the almost-impossible in this day and age. I am going to try to avoid all forms of communication so that I can DVR the Jets game and watch it when I get back without knowing the outcome. I probably won't be back until 6:30 or so.

Is this even possible?

Should I stay home, watch the game live, and just text her a "congratulations" message at half-time? Would it be out of line if I asked her to pick up a pizza on her way back home?

DVR the game & support your wife & her debilitating condition & cause..

jeezbus!!

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
One of my best friends has MS-go to the walk! You'll see everything and you'll get updates on your phone.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

Is this even possible?

Pizza and mussels
Funny

My niece also has MS only in her early 20s , terrible to think of that future
Anyway you know this is what matters in life , not the Jets,,
although..................
On a side note :
My wife was in labor November 15, 1986 , the Jets are on an 8 game winning streak ,game tomorrow at home vs Colts
Ask the doc if I could go and he says yes, wife wasn't happy.
Jets win vs Colts, 9 in a row and are 10-1
My son was born Monday morn, snuck it out.
Jets go on to lose the last 5
Beat KC and then the Clevland disaster
Still have to hear it
So yea, bro know where your coming from

Johnny Unite Us

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Best wishes to your niece.

They have great medications now to control the symptoms.

My wife was diagnosed 20 years ago, right after we got married. She manages with medication and has had no major problems in the past few years...knock on wood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
My buddy is taking
Lemtrada...it kicked his ass at first but he's doing better now. It's a tough disease. He was diagnosed a little over 20 years ago as well(while he was at the police academy)....he made it 20 years as a cop and retired this past Spring.