Jets are a 'team to watch' for Falcons LB Deion Jones

Official Jets

Administrator
Big Fish
Jets Beat
Jet Fanatics
Jets have been in the market for linebacker help in the weeks following the 2022 NFL Draft, and one former Pro Bowler, Atlanta Falcons linebacker Deion Jones, could pique their interest.

Jones has seen his stock plummet over the last few years and now seems unlikely to play another game in a Falcons uniform. The Athletic's Jeff Schultz reported on Tuesday that Jones' departure from Atlanta was "imminent," whether via trade or an outright release.

While Schultz didn't mention any potential landing spots, the folks over at uSTADIUM identified the Jets and Cowboys as two teams to watch.

The logic behind this claim was the presence of two of Jones' former coaches, Dan Quinn and Jeff Ulbrich, on either team. Jones played the best football of his career under their tutelage and could really use a change of scenery.

Jets Global

MiJetFan

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
His stock plummeting? Pass if that's the case. I don't know much about the guy but it seems like a "same old Jets" move to me.
Well JD has made some great moves and I've come to trust his judgement. So if he signs the guy(would prefer him being signed after he's released) I would be okay with it. For the first-time in a while I feel this Franchise is heading in the right direction. If JD and Saleh win a Super Bowl with this Team it would have to be considered one of the biggest turn around in sports history. Dog-Ass Jets no more baby.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
His stock plummeting? Pass if that's the case. I don't know much about the guy but it seems like a "same old Jets" move to me.

not saying we should or shouldn't. but a player's stock falling is not always because the player's ability has fallen.

a Parcells's guy is only a Parcells's guy with Parcells...and a hoodie headed defense, right?

he may have been a fish out of water in a scheme Quinn and Ulbrich didn't head up.

only 27, so if the speed and quickness is still there, a kick of the tires might be ok.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
IMHO the only way I see this guy signing with the Jets is if Jamien Sherwood is not ready to start the season

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
IMHO the only way I see this guy signing with the Jets is if Jamien Sherwood is not ready to start the season

Jamien was on the 53 man roster with Jarrod last year. we are really thin at LB going into camp.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
@Tinstar , if Jones looks close to the level before he fell off, and BTW his stats don't suggest he has, it's not even close. Harris would get dumped. you're talking about a guy trying to make a team vs. a legit starter.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@Tinstar , if Jones looks close to the level before he fell off, and BTW his stats don't suggest he has, it's not even close. Harris would get dumped. you're talking about a guy trying to make a team vs. a legit starter.

I get all that. What you may not be getting is that the Jets are not looking for a starter but a quality backup who they can acquire on the cheap. Why else sign Harris instead of everyone’s favorite Alexander

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
I get all that. What you may not be getting is that the Jets are not looking for a starter but a quality backup who they can acquire on the cheap. Why else sign Harris instead of everyone’s favorite Alexander
because signing is a two way street... ask Saleh about why we had to trade for Flacco instead of just signing him prior to last season.
for all we know, both Kwon and Deion have or will tell JD thanks but no thanks.

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
because signing is a two way street... ask Saleh about why we had to trade for Flacco instead of just signing him prior to last season.
for all we know, both Kwon and Deion have or will tell JD thanks but no thanks.
Don’t you think that in the case of Alexander, money had something to do with it.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
Don’t you think that in the case of Alexander, money had something to do with it.

i get where you're going, and now it makes sense... however, i don't see JD not trying to have a starter as his back up if he could get him on the cheap.

point taken... you only see a player like Kwon and Deion if JD has to open the wallet because a LB got hurt.

MiJetFan

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
not saying we should or shouldn't. but a player's stock falling is not always because the player's ability has fallen.

a Parcells's guy is only a Parcells's guy with Parcells...and a hoodie headed defense, right?

he may have been a fish out of water in a scheme Quinn and Ulbrich didn't head up.

only 27, so if the speed and quickness is still there, a kick of the tires might be ok.
Well if JD signs the guy, I trust his judgment as I stated. I would rather wait until He is released for cap implications but that's really all I care about.