Jets Questions

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
First @gmf1369 I want to thank you keeping us informed even in this time of winning the first pick in Draft! My question is besides Drafting QB TL of Clemson, who would be Jets next 2 picks with late Seahawk pick and our 2nd round pick to rebuild our Jets. I ask you because I dont follow College like you. I want a WR TE with those picks but who would you Draft . Oh, also ideas on who do you feel would be a good HC for Jets? I like McDaniels and not sure of good College coach to fill in. In fact making College a HC scares me with Jets screwing up hiring Coaches. Thanks

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
first off I am not on the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon there is just something about the kid that doesn't fit...

as for what should be the game plan for Joe Douglas is focus on continuing drafting lineman... Connor McGovern can be a solid future for the center position but needs talent on both sides of him at the guard positions... Maybe Cameron Clark will be one of them but the right side of the line needs to be addressed where the right tackle is a versatile option to backup Becton in case of injury...

receivers nowadays are a dime a dozen and can be gotten all the way to rookie free agent signings like we had in Robby Anderson...

finding the comparable options to who the identity of this team is very important...

the current roster is the Frankenstein of the NFL, right tackle is considered an agile lineman while the other four are power blockers that are two different styles... can not sew a blanket from different material it doesn't look right nor does it work for every situation...

on defense we have a lot of players that are gone after this season:

Marcus Maye, Brian Poole, Pierre Desir, Jordan Jenkins, Avery Williamson & possibly Tarell Basham

who do we have to fill those holes?

Blessaun Austin is capable starter, will Bryce Hall ever come off NFI list to see if he can be that number two option... Lamar Jackson, Javelin Guidry are developmental options and have to wonder if the Jets feel good about Kyron Brown who is currently on IR... Matthias Farley likely also gone next year but we are likely his only real suitor, so there is that... This regime loves Bennett Jackson so can see him return on active roster as special team guy... Will Bradley McDougald test free agency most definitely but a return could be possible...

This is the current issue... Players are going to run this upcoming off season...