Looking ahead to next year...

greg_geo

Day 2 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
2015 Schedule is as follows:

Home:New England, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, AFC North (not sure yet of team)

Away: New England, Buffalo, Miami (London), Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, Oakland

What do you guys think? If we somewhat improve heading into next year the schedule shouldn't be to difficult. We have 9 games at Metlife and 1 in a neutral site in London.

Only thing though is that these teams are improving while I see us regressing a bit and rebuilding. Indianapolis, Houston, Buffalo, Miami are all on the upswing.

F

flgreen

The record should be a bit softer then this years, but it depends on who the GM is.

If it's still Idzik I'm expecting another outrageous draft, and same kind of FA signings. If that's it, expecting to be in the hunt for the top pick in the draft again.

If they bring in an actual football GM, and find a QB, hoping for Winston, and a vet, Ya never know. It will take me a few weeks till after the season ends to get a sunshiner demeanor again. If it's zidzik don't know how much I'll care

U

ucrenegade

Home:New England, Buffalo, Miami, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, AFC North (not sure yet of team)

Away: New England, Buffalo, Miami (London), Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, NY Giants, Oakland

What do you guys think? If we somewhat improve heading into next year the schedule shouldn't be to difficult. We have 9 games at Metlife and 1 in a neutral site in London.

Only thing though is that these teams are improving while I see us regressing a bit and rebuilding. Indianapolis, Houston, Buffalo, Miami are all on the upswing.

you get the right coach's in here and we might not be as bad as some think.......The key is finding a QB we really don't know what we have as far as players because our coaching sucks so bad.

but do you really think indy, cowboys, 49ers, or many others would have trouble making a offense work with harvin,decker,kerley,and ivory, it is not like we don't have weapons we just don't have the proper coaching staff to help those guys succeed.

F

flgreen

you get the right coach's in here and we might not be as bad as some think.......The key is finding a QB we really don't know what we have as far as players because our coaching sucks so bad.

but do you really think indy, cowboys, 49ers, or many others would have trouble making a offense work with harvin,decker,kerley,and ivory, it is not like we don't have weapons we just don't have the proper coaching staff to help those guys succeed.

Don't care who the HC is, Smith stinks

F

flgreen

With MS revival, not sure the coaching isn't his problem. They say he does study but who knows

With Sanchez coaching was certainly part of the problem. Not so much Rex but the OC's. Shotty was forced on him, and the idiot from Miami, was insane. Another part of Sanchez's problem was immaturity. That's why I didn't like the pick to begin with. he needed to sit for at least a year, Instead he was thrown right into the fire, and the worst thing possible happened to him. He had success, while playing poorly. He started thinking he was Tom Brady. The head ban thing while fighting for his job bordered on silly.

After he was kicked to the curb, and made a back up to a rookie was the best thing for him. Plus playing in Kelly's system, which suited his skills. he looks more mature, and composed out there. Still to many turnovers (not yesterday).

In Smith's case he just isn't a good QB. He had a good 5 game run in an "air raid" offense, with 2 of the best WR's in the country. The second half of the year he was horrible. WV finished 2-6 their final 8 games, and the Pinstripe Bowl performance by Smith was the worst of any QB in the Bowl games. He falls to the 2nd round.

24 games in he still can't play under center. He's not going to be a good QB any time in the near future. My biggest fear with this team right now is that Smith will have 1 or 2 turnover free games, Idzik won't be fired, and we get to relive this season all over again next year

U

ucrenegade

With Sanchez coaching was certainly part of the problem. Not so much Rex but the OC's. Shotty was forced on him, and the idiot from Miami, was insane. Another part of Sanchez's problem was immaturity. That's why I didn't like the pick to begin with. he needed to sit for at least a year, Instead he was thrown right into the fire, and the worst thing possible happened to him. He had success, while playing poorly. He started thinking he was Tom Brady. The head ban thing while fighting for his job bordered on silly.

After he was kicked to the curb, and made a back up to a rookie was the best thing for him. Plus playing in Kelly's system, which suited his skills. he looks more mature, and composed out there. Still to many turnovers (not yesterday).

In Smith's case he just isn't a good QB. He had a good 5 game run in an "air raid" offense, with 2 of the best WR's in the country. The second half of the year he was horrible. WV finished 2-6 their final 8 games, and the Pinstripe Bowl performance by Smith was the worst of any QB in the Bowl games. He falls to the 2nd round.

24 games in he still can't play under center. He's not going to be a good QB any time in the near future. My biggest fear with this team right now is that Smith will have 1 or 2 turnover free games, Idzik won't be fired, and we get to relive this season all over again next year

that is my biggest fear smith plays ultraconservative so as not to look that bad and we end up running it alot and i mean alot.

F

flgreen

that is my biggest fear smith plays ultraconservative so as not to look that bad and we end up running it alot and i mean alot.

That will probably be the game plan to not let Smith make a fool of himself again.

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics

I like it a lot!

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics

I do not have that fear at all. I see excuses made for Sanchez all the time but the same and even worse conditions apply to Smith and yet he gets no slack. I'd like to see him develop well. Impossible? Who knows? We all heard how several QBs from the past were no good. Some went to the CFL and developed there and became SB winners when they got back to the NFL. Smith is still young and I think he has talent. We shall see.

U

ucrenegade

I do not have that fear at all. I see excuses made for Sanchez all the time but the same and even worse conditions apply to Smith and yet he gets no slack. I'd like to see him develop well. Impossible? Who knows? We all heard how several QBs from the past were no good. Some went to the CFL and developed there and became SB winners when they got back to the NFL. Smith is still young and I think he has talent. We shall see.

i meant for the remainder of the season as a way of rex not running the normal game plan for fear he and geno will look worse.

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
i meant for the remainder of the season as a way of rex not running the normal game plan for fear he and geno will look worse.

I'd love to find out if Geno can be a major league QB. I do understand what you are saying though and I hope Geno either sinks or swims. No coddling I am hoping for. We got to know about him before we get to the draft.