Matt Simms

U

ucrenegade

What is rex's bugaboo about not giving simms a shot if the other QB's are not working?

I just can't figure it out.

F

flgreen

Hey renegade, what's up?

Don't understand it myself, MM really seems to like him, judging by the things he has said, mostly regarding his arm strength. Lee in an article about a month ago said he has made more improvement in 2 years then any QB he has worked with.

This season is done. Smith stinks, and Vick is done. More then likely , Simms won't amount to much either, but what can it possibly hurt to give him a few games with a weeks practice to see if he is worth keeping around next season

U

ucrenegade

Hey renegade, what's up?

Don't understand it myself, MM really seems to like him, judging by the things he has said, mostly regarding his arm strength. Lee in an article about a month ago said he has made more improvement in 2 years then any QB he has worked with.

This season is done. Smith stinks, and Vick is done. More then likely , Simms won't amount to much either, but what can it possibly hurt to give him a few games with a weeks practice to see if he is worth keeping around next season

If anything they should at least see if he is viable to stick around and be number 2 next year. Just don't get it and this is why I say rex needs to go a successful coach will leave no stone unturned to get the best people to play. Boggles my mind i have never seen a coach this stubborn scratch that his dad was a grade A jackass on the football field also.

F

flgreen

not sure if thee will be room for Simms on the roster next year if he doesn't get a chance to prove he can play this year.

Can't say for sure what's going to happen but it's shaping up like they will draft a QB early (please, I hope) More then likely will bring a vet in till the rookie is ready. I don't want to see another rookie thrown to the lions from day one. Neither the Duck or Winston will be ready. I have to think they will keep Smith around one more year just because he is cheap, and young. Of course if Idzik is gone, that changes.

U

ucrenegade

not sure if thee will be room for Simms on the roster next year if he doesn't get a chance to prove he can play this year.

Can't say for sure what's going to happen but it's shaping up like they will draft a QB early (please, I hope) More then likely will bring a vet in till the rookie is ready. I don't want to see another rookie thrown to the lions from day one. Neither the Duck or Winston will be ready. I have to think they will keep Smith around one more year just because he is cheap, and young. Of course if Idzik is gone, that changes.

I agree Mariotta should sit I just hope he is not sitting behind Geno.

W

We ARE Coming!!!

I can only pray that we draft Mariota and he better sit behind someone until we shore up the offensive line. D'Brick and Mangold who were anchors are regressing. Colon better be gone next year. Breno, he's awful but serviceable. I like Aboushi and would like to see him develop. It's such a travesty that Winters had to get hurt before he had a chance. Rex is very stubborn! Competition my ass.

U

ucrenegade

I can only pray that we draft Mariota and he better sit behind someone until we shore up the offensive line. D'Brick and Mangold who were anchors are regressing. Colon better be gone next year. Breno, he's awful but serviceable. I like Aboushi and would like to see him develop. It's such a travesty that Winters had to get hurt before he had a chance. Rex is very stubborn! Competition my ***.

I am not to high on winters but i would like to see what dozier can do.

J

Jetsfanatic

What is rex's bugaboo about not giving simms a shot if the other QB's are not working?

I just can't figure it out.

I agree, I would like to see Simms get a shot also. From reports it appears that Rex would like to stick with Vick for the time being. On the Michael Kay show, Rex said he would address the QB situation on Wednesday, when Kay asked if Simms may get the start Rex laughed and said "No."

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
IF Simms started it really shows how far this team has dropped since '10. The Jets are in for a long road (3+ years) to be a contender and there is no guarantee that will happen. Not real confident in this organization at this point.

F

flgreen

IF Simms started it really shows how far this team has dropped since '10. The Jets are in for a long road (3+ years) to be a contender and there is no guarantee that will happen. Not real confident in this organization at this point.

Fallen since 10? You bet. They may be the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. That says a lot when you throw the Raiders into the mix.

U

ucrenegade

Fallen since 10? You bet. They may be the most dysfunctional team in the NFL. That says a lot when you throw the Raiders into the mix.

which the sad thing is they have a QB and would beat us if we played now.

F

flgreen

which the sad thing is they have a QB and would beat us if we played now.

Yeah

Carr looks like he is going to be able to play. Now they can concentrate on building a team around him. Sure wish the Jets were in that situation

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yeah

Carr looks like he is going to be able to play. Now they can concentrate on building a team around him. Sure wish the Jets were in that situation

Until we find that guy this team will be bad to at best mediocre.

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Let's just hope we find this QB in this year's draft. I am okay with Mariota but only if he sits a year to learn the offense. Geno was thrust into action and that hurt his development big time because he was unable to learn. He still back pedals on every play that there is pressure!

usapaw

Rookie
Jet Fanatics

And of you and all Jets fans are going to let the new coach/management have three + years to get there??? Yah sure, in NY.

R

ReadyJetGo

Jets should roll the dice and draft Winston if he's available when they pick. He reminds me of Big Ben, clutch on the field/knucklehead off it. I would sit him his first year and let him learn and mature.
Matt Simms is not a starting NFL QB...jmo

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think i am okay with Mariota or Winston but I agree with ReadyJetGo. Whoever it is should sit until our oline is taken care of.