Mehta: Irked NY Jets DE Sheldon Richardson calls ex-Ferguson cop Darren Wilson ‘a pig

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I love that passion of Sheldon but if i was him, I'd stay away from this topic....

“Darren Wilson is a pig,” Richardson told the Daily News on Wednesday, speaking before the Staten Island grand jury decision in the Eric Gardner case. “I’m not talking about all cops. I’m just talking about one in particular.”

Richardson, one of the few bright spots during this forgettable Jets season, was proud of the Hands-Up-Don’t-Shoot gesture by five Rams players during pregame introductions last weekend.

The players’ show of solidarity drew the ire of the St. Louis Police Officers’ Association that demanded an apology from the team and discipline from the NFL, but Richardson supported tight end Jared Cook and wide receivers Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, Kenny Britt and Stedman Bailey for voicing their opinions.

“I’m glad somebody else in the league said something besides me. I’m happy about somebody else taking a stand,” said Richardson, who took to Twitter the night of the grand jury ruling on Nov. 24. His tweet that night: “NOT A HAPPY CAMPER PPL got my ass kicked today n they let this pig get off. I just hope my fam okay.STL YOU ARE ALWAYS IN MY PRAYERS.”

“The NFL is the NFL. The NFLPA is the players,” Richardson said. “So we have the option to do what we want as long as we’re not throwing up obscene gestures. We’re just protesting peacefully. . . . It’s an opinion. You’re going to agree with it or you’re not. I really don’t give a damn if you agree with me or not. I don’t care if you don’t like me no more or don’t root for me no more. I stand for what I stand for. I’m from St. Louis. I know how people act there. I’m used to it. I’m not going to change who I am because I got a fan base now.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-de-sheldon-richardson-calls-ex-ferguson-pig-article-1.2032586?cid=bitly

F

flgreen

He's from this town I believe, so I guess he gets some slack.

Not very cool though

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Maybe Sheldon should join the force and show the world how great of a cop he would be. If athletes/ others do not believe in our system of justice they should work to change the culture in low economic areas. If people did not resist arrest or acted properly towards cops these things do not happen. I have worked in these type of areas and the hard working black people or hispanic do not fear cops of any color. All they want is to be protected from crime and criminals of any color!

greenwichjetfan

Day 2 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Maybe Sheldon should join the force and show the world how great of a cop he would be. If athletes/ others do not believe in our system of justice they should work to change the culture in low economic areas. If people did not resist arrest or acted properly towards cops these things do not happen. I have worked in these type of areas and the hard working black people or hispanic do not fear cops of any color. All they want is to be protected from crime and criminals of any color!

This topic should be reserved for the politics forum, but since I have no intention of going further than this post with you, I'll respond here.

Everything you said is fine. Problem is, nothing he said has anything to do with what you just rambled on about. Whether you agree with what he said or don't (and clearly you don't which is fine), Sheldon has the option- protected by his American right- to say it.

Also, I'm not sure what got you so twisted. He didn't say all cops are bad. He didn't say he'd be a better cop. He didn't even insinuate that he doesn't believe in the justice system. In fact, all he did was go out of his way to say that the one particular cop was a pig. So unless you are Darren Wilson, not sure what you're outraged about.

Kentucky Jet

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
I am not outraged and if you think I am you are wrong! Like him I have a right to my opinion and I will express it when I see fit whether you agree or not! And for what its worth I am not the original OP. Tell it to Elias. I responded to it just as you did.

F

flgreen

This topic should be reserved for the politics forum, but since I have no intention of going further than this post with you, I'll respond here.

Everything you said is fine. Problem is, nothing he said has anything to do with what you just rambled on about. Whether you agree with what he said or don't (and clearly you don't which is fine), Sheldon has the option- protected by his American right- to say it.

Also, I'm not sure what got you so twisted. He didn't say all cops are bad. He didn't say he'd be a better cop. He didn't even insinuate that he doesn't believe in the justice system. In fact, all he did was go out of his way to say that the one particular cop was a pig. So unless you are Darren Wilson, not sure what you're outraged about.

Agree that it should be moved to the political forum. As a matter of fact I think there is already one there about this

greenwichjetfan

Day 2 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
I am not outraged and if you think I am you are wrong! Like him I have a right to my opinion and I will express it when I see fit whether you agree or not! And for what its worth I am not the original OP. Tell it to Elias. I responded to it just as you did.

Oh good, I was worried you wouldn't dislike another of my posts. Did you happen to carry your JI bias of me over here, or do you simply just enjoy "disliking" everything you don't 100% agree with?

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@greenwichjetfet [MENTION=43]Kentucky Jet[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]flgreen[/MENTION]

I moved it to the political forum. Sometimes these things can go either way but you guys are right this is more political and football. You guys are both right. Sheldon should be able to speak his opinion and say what he wants but instead of complaining he should make some moves and try to make a difference in his community. All he is doing is creating more controversy because he is a big name so people will listen to him.

On a related note, the media wants to make this a racial driven motive but not sure if they are right. I came upon this article where it says that before Wilson went to respond to the Brown call, he was out there helping a two year old black child who was having difficulties breathing. The media is responsible for a lot of ****!

http://madworldnews.com/wilson-doing-this-black-kid/

F

flgreen

@greenwichjetfet [MENTION=43]Kentucky Jet[/MENTION] [MENTION=9]flgreen[/MENTION]

I moved it to the political forum. Sometimes these things can go either way but you guys are right this is more political and football. You guys are both right. Sheldon should be able to speak his opinion and say what he wants but instead of complaining he should make some moves and try to make a difference in his community. All he is doing is creating more controversy because he is a big name so people will listen to him.

On a related note, the media wants to make this a racial driven motive but not sure if they are right. I came upon this article where it says that before Wilson went to respond to the Brown call, he was out there helping a two year old black child who was having difficulties breathing. The media is responsible for a lot of ****!

http://madworldnews.com/wilson-doing-this-black-kid/

Thanks

Everyone has a right to their option, but frequently when these things are on the main board bad feelings carry over into other threads which makes the board less enjoyable