Mock Draft Database Reactions

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The Jets Global 2/16 is coocoo cocoa puffs.
Trading down and then picking THOSE GUYS?
ouch!
Later
Joe Douglas like versatility and both picks bring just that

Travon Walker from Georgia can lineup at Defensive End and Defensive Tackle
Jahan Dotson has multiple speeds which he creates continuous separation and can take off the top of defenses

but sure why don't we want that...

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
but sure why don't we want that...
Why take lower rated prospects when you can have blue chippers? The writer didn't tell us what else the Jets got back after the first round.
If we got several picks in high rounds, I can understand it but still don't like it. Just because the value numbers work out equal, it doesn't mean the players are equal.
This team needs quality as well as quantity. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't sacrifice one for the other.
Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Why take lower rated prospects when you can have blue chippers? The writer didn't tell us what else the Jets got back after the first round.
If we got several picks in high rounds, I can understand it but still don't like it. Just because the value numbers work out equal, it doesn't mean the players are equal.
This team needs quality as well as quantity. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't sacrifice one for the other.
Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Later
Being mocked as high as 16 and as low as 36 Jahan Dotson has the "it" factor and would fit our needs at receiver
Top 25 Prospect Travon Walker DE/DT from UGA

Depending on JFM's role next year he stays outside then the Jets will need an DT, but we don't know for certain if Carl Lawson can return to 100% and to draft a guy that gives you flexibility and depth at the DE position, while bolstering all four roles is a must have in a Saleh's defense...

Now in the second round acquiring the likes of Perrion Winfrey another defensive tackle that has the athleticism to also play inside out on the defensive line not only allows them to get creative in lineups but also allows the defense flexibility in play calling with stunts, and counters...

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Without knowing what else we got to drop down, I'd still take the higher rated prospects. You sometimes get into problems when you draft strictly for need or system instead of best players available.
But I like Winfrey in the second round, with a #1 or #2 tight end.
Later

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Without knowing what else we got to drop down, I'd still take the higher rated prospects. You sometimes get into problems when you draft strictly for need or system instead of best players available.
But I like Winfrey in the second round, with a #1 or #2 tight end.
Later
That only happens when you constantly fire your HC . If I remember correctly both the GM and the HC have long term contracts which offers them some stability. This style has worked for the Steelers forever . Mike Tomlin was versed in the cover 2 scheme under Dungy in Minnesota yet for his entire tenure in Pittsburgh he’s run a 34 attacking style defense and drafted mostly players that fit that scheme. I think it’s worked out pretty well for him . The Jets need to stay the course, build what they started to build and allow it to develop.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Later

oh how bout that look at Pick No. 5 and No. 8
now do you believe?
:argh:

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm guessing that the mock drafters who say the Jets should draft both Hamilton and Stingley are fantasy players who just look at numbers and never really played or understood what it takes to put together a team much less a defense.
As I've said before, the best defensive back in the world can't stay with his man if the other team's quarterback has unlimited time throw.
There are two remedies:
1) Put that QB in a horizontal position before he gats a chance to throw
2) Build up your running game to keep the ball out of that QB's hands.

If a mock doesn't have the Jets drafting at something to help the running game(OL or TE) with one of the first two picks, I disregard it.
Later

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'd take the mock the Bears guy had today in a heartbeat as a fallback position.
Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

apparently goof on posting the mock looked up the original copy and the other second round pick for the Jets was:
Michigan Safety Daxton Hill (35th)

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
two injuries mocking to the Jets until their medicals are cleared don't care for it... one Hoffan the other Lisfranc like c'mon...

again with DSJ now at 4, o.m.g. but Lloyd makes sense if the Jets weren't okay with their linebacker room starters this year...

I do believe both Andrew Booth Jr. & Trent McDuffie are the best well rounded corners in this draft, to take the Clemson product is not out of the realm but the reason for them mocking a corner with one of the first two is bullshit. As for the second pick, taking a good 2023 option because as of right now he would be a stash selection...

again with Hamilton until his medical clears, stay away -- then taking Burks seems to be a developmental option would need to create his touches instead of fitting him into the game plan...

WFT goes Ojabo at 4 wow that is a reach... Then giving us DSJ aka Dee Milliner the LSU version...

with all the news about "Fire" then the so called reaction to those comments to mock KT to Jets at 4 is curious... Then at 10 another curious to avoid the noise and give a replacement for either CJ Mosley or Quincy Williams is stating that neither should be starting next year...

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Some of these people have no imagination. Wash, rinse and repeat.

Jetsfan4life

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
why can't they look at the team needs and be creative for each matched prospect to team

the Jets have plenty of needs but continuous suggestion that the current rehabbing corner from LSU should be mocked only to the Jets but is not good enough for any other top 10 team is besides myself

same goes for Kyle Hamilton who has not cleared medical yet about his knee injury but it is fine to give that talent projection to the Jets if he is a broken player he belongs with the Jets and keep talking up his talent like it is the only thing to talk about

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The clutch points mock you posted today shows the jets moving down to six and keeping their ten, but nothing else in the first round.
Any word on what else the Jets got to allow the other team to move up to four?
Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The clutch points mock you posted today shows the jets moving down to six and keeping their ten, but nothing else in the first round.
Any word on what else the Jets got to allow the other team to move up to four?
Later
No. 4 — Carolina Panthers (via NYJ): Malik Willis (QB, Liberty)

We have our first trade! In an attempt to ensure that they were able to get the QB they wanted, the Carolina Panthers jumped up two spots with the New York Jets and added the draft’s top QB, Liberty’s Malik Willis.

As previously mentioned, this draft has no clear-cut QB1 industry-wide, but Willis has all of the intangibles a modern offense needs, and he interviewed extremely well at this week’s combine, which will only boost his stock more.

No. 6 — New York Jets (via CAR): Kyle Hamilton (S, Notre Dame)

After moving down two spots with the Panthers, the New York Jets get an immense return on value by selecting the best defensive back on the draft in Kyle Hamilton. His flexibility as a safety that can fly around the field and make plays makes him a fit in any defensive scheme, and with Marcus Maye entering free agency and looking for his first crack at a big-money deal, bringing in Hamilton can help ease the pain if Maye goes elsewhere.

he states that Jets get Carolina's 3rd round this year and 2nd round next year for them to move up 2 spots

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I found this interesting in the rumor mill thread.
"Last spring, Carolina traded for Sam Darnold, and after a good start, Darnold struggled for the majority of the 2022 season.
The franchise is still searching for a true replacement for Cam Newton."

I'm sure they can find plenty of quarterbacks who can fire the ball at the feet of a wide open receiver 3 yards away.
Later

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The eleven mocks you just added aren't mocks, they're player profiles.
Oops.
Later

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I think this comment you made in the Draft Rumors thread proves my point:
"Michigan EDGE defender Aidan Hutchinson is the prototype. When you're building out a 4-3. Ideal role: Primary pass rusher, every-down defensive end. So this makes me wonder how is everyone mocking Hutch to the Detroit Lions who are running a 3-4 defense since the beginning of the 2021 season?"
Many of the he so-called "draft experts" have their pre-determined list of players, then try to shoe horn them into slots, not recognizing what any particular team needs or wants. Like the mockers who have the Jets drafting Hutchinson AND a corner back in the first round to remedy a bad pass defense, when a good pass rushing defensive line accomplishes the same result. And adding one DL player in the draft would let the team address needs in other areas.

Later

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
@NewMFS62
Hutchinson made a statement that he prefers to play OLB, he made that statement because he wants to play for the Lions. Problem is can he play OLB? played 4-3 with Michigan his entire career.