Music: GAS, Debate, Exclamation, Exhalation ...

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Just not enough people here for specific threads but there needs to be more music here, Had a good GAS thread going on a more populated board and ones on various subjects such as best this or that so all that can be combined here in one thread. Anyone else like minded?

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'll start:

BANDS

Butterscotch weighed in on Genesis in the playoff thread which I do have to agree to (especially Nursery Cryme to Lamb) but to me if you had to pick the best ever, it was the original Mahavishnu Orchestra and some of the many iterations of King Crimson. I had once read an interview with Jon Anderson wherein he stated that the band went to two concerts that almost broke them up because they didn't know how they could reach the level of musicianship that those band played at. Mahavishnu and KC. Quite impressive considering who his band was.

If we're talking a little more modern: Liquid Tension Experiment anyone?

GAS

If you know what GAS is and you are inflicted, you are my brother. Best acquistion of the year for me has been a Source Audio Ventris. Also picked up a DD-200 over the El Capistan but only because it is stereo in and out, which is what I run at the end of the chain. In the mail is an LA Lady. You can't have enough pedals. it's an impossibilty.

Want the bargain of the month? $20 Behringer pedals at Sweetwater. I honestly can't tell the difference from the TO-800 and my older Tubescreamer and the Vibrato is indistinquishable from the Boss VB-2

So where are you on the King of Tone wait list?

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Genesis & the family is all I listen to except for Christmas music in Dec. Well I like Super Tramp & Pink Floyd & others but I never tire of Genesis. lol

I went to a Genesis concert on a Friday night years ago. then a world series on saturday then the jets on Sunday & a genesis concert on Sunday night. Busy weekend

In 1976 a friend played the album A trick of the tail for me in college & I did not like it......true story......talked me into going to Boston to see them live. So with two friends & a few bottles of lake country red we went to Boston. From the first note on April 10th 1976 I was hooked. To this day have never seen anything like it. I have listened to some songs over 2000 times now.

On the 40th on April 10 1916 I had my first bottle of lake country red in years & I put on the Foxtrot CD Just me & the boys.

Named my new foot boat in 1989 Foxtrot & my 17 foot boat Foxtot lol. Named my 18 foot CC in 2008 Genesis

When I got back into boating in 2018 I named her Foxtrot II.

I fell in love in 1976 & have never looked back.

I have great stories with all the members of the band except for tony banks but nothing special there. Just the greatest people.

FB have you ever heard Tony banks classical albums...amazing IMO

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I am lucky that I am still married as I have a Genesis room in my basement & I have a sports room above the garage. I have Collins drum sticks, & many autographs of the boys including a signed guitar & pass.

I may also get some credit for bringing two great guitarist together lol

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
I like the ideaa here, but I'm a little younger then you guys. graduated high school in 84. so my music is a little newer then yours. I saw the Police couple times in high school PinkFloyd couple times in college,The Who, Eagles once. go to TSO every Christmas. like the newer Genesis. favorite bands are Eagles, Lynyrd Synyrd, Pink Floyd back in the day

my oldest son plays guitar for fun. he's pretty good. My younger son majoring in classical piano performance right now. he can play guiyar too. and pretty much anything he picks up. Daughter plays trumpet in 9th grade now. as did I

I' m into 2 channel music at home. Have been building a darn good system over the past few years of mid life crisis. If anyone has an interest in home stereo, streaming hi-res... that's my thing. I have a large library of cd's ripped to a hard drive plus plenty od hi-res files. Plus now streaming with Tidal and Roon if you know what that is

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
BS:

Love the Genesis and sports rooms ... good wife ! I've got an enabler too :) She once bought me a t-shirt that had a Gabriel head on it in his Supper's Ready outfit with the caption, "A Flower?"

Did not know about Banks' classical albums. I'll check 'em out and I'm sure I'll like them as I am a big fan of Banks. He does not get enough credit for the Genesis sound

First time I saw them was in the Felt Forum for the Selling England tour. Couldn't even afford to bring a grand piano with them then. Place was half full. Of course, years later, they were upstairs but I always thought that they sold out after Hackett left. Much simpler and less creative material but it appealed to the masses. I don't blame them though.

You may still want to check out Musical Box anyway, It's all Gabriel era. He took his kids to see them so they could see "what daddy used to do". They use the exact instrumentation, exact Gabriel costumes, exact model LP that Hackett used and even a real live Mellotron. The backdrop films are the actual ones used by the band back then. Each one can all cop all the parts and as you know, that takes talent. They even do The Knife. That's Anthony Phillips era ! I hate covers. Always refused to do them myself. You can always tell when bands try to cover others and it always lacks the feel and vibe of the originals, but this is a rare case where that is not true. Hackett also tours doing Genesis material and I swear that MB does it better.

Brand X is still killing it too. I'm a jazz-rock fusion nut so I enjoy the heck out of seeing them. They are at (or were at) the Iridium at least annually if not more frequent. Well, at least Goodsall is. I hear that Morris Pert retired though.

Interested to hear your take on best Genesis album. It's a tough choice and if you asked me it would be a different answer every time. Today it is Lamb but yesterday it was Selling England.

So now the challenge is to find something Genesis related that you didn't know about (even possible?). First try is Daryl Struermer (Genesis, Collins, Banks and Rutherford albums) and his amazing solo albums.

Yin Yang Boogie - YouTube

how did i do ?

Now I got them in my head ... "Play me the Old King Cole ... "

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
CH:

High school in '84? Now listen here Sonny ... (HA ! Just kiddin')

We never had kids so I am very jealous of musician offspring. Must be great. Always tried to get nieces and nephews into it until they started complaining about another Christmas music gift or CD from some old guy from the Uncle.

As much as I love music, I never had a decent stereo as any money always went to another guitar, amp, effect, synth, etc. Now you have itty bitty devices that sound amazing either streamed or downloaded. Can't imagine what we'll have in a few more years.

I had to look up Tidal and Roon. Interesting. Guess that's the future, no?

I am looking for a device wherein I can somehow transfer from sequencers and loopers to my phone or some other small device so I can play it back via bluetooth through a PA for backing tracks at open mics. Only way I can play fusion these days (sigh). I would need 1/4" dual > 1/8" phone cable to do so which I can't seem to find, but there has to be a box better than the phone for this so I can call up the tracks as patches? Maybe 1/4">RCA?

So I am curious. What does your system consist of?

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
CH:

We never had kids so I am very jealous of musician offspring. Must be great. Always tried to get nieces and nephews into it until they started complaining about another Christmas music gift or CD from some old guy from the Uncle.

As much as I love music, I never had a decent stereo as any money always went to another guitar, amp, effect, synth, etc. Now you have itty bitty devices that sound amazing either streamed or downloaded. Can't imagine what we'll have in a few more years.

I am looking for a device wherein I can somehow transfer from sequencers and loopers to my phone or some other small device so I can play it back via bluetooth through a PA for backing tracks at open mics. Only way I can play fusion these days (sigh). I would need 1/4" dual > 1/8" phone cable to do so which I can't seem to find, but there has to be a box better than the phone for this so I can call up the tracks as patches? Maybe 1/4">RCA?

You must remember Bill Chase, one of my trumpet playing heros?

It's been a long hard confusing journey building my system, since I really don't like computers or understand too much about them or care to know much about them. But to be able to have all your songs in one spot and be able to play any song instantly in atleast cd quality is too good to be true. I know old timers believe tubes and records sound the best, and they may very well, but the new digital stuff can sound really good now and ,again having every song at your fingertips is just great

while my kids were growing up, my wife and K each worked part time so that one of us was always home with the kids, so for years, I never had any money for a kick ass stereo, butnow that they are older and at least my wife makes good money, I have been able to build a pretty cool system over the past few years. The streaming stuff is forever changing and it took a while to understand how to incorporate the stereo into the stereo, but now I have a pretty good setup that sounds and works great.

I like to stick with the small stereo companies where you actually might get an answer from the owner/creator of the products if you email a question. my speakers are made by a guy named Sandy Gross who so founded Polk Audio, then Definitive Technology, and finally GoldenEar Technology which is what my speakers are.

My amps, preamp/dac/streamer are made by a guy named John Stronzer and a little company, I think in Michigan, called Bel Canto Design.

in the time I have built this system, unfortunately it has changed a lot so I ended up upgrading pieces as I understood streaming better and realized how much I love this stuff.

I started out using the computer to run everything, which I hated, and ended up taking the computer out of computer audio, kind of anyway. That's what Roon does. I bought a Roon Nucleus, which basically is a linux operating system to just run the Roon program and houses a hard drive with all my music. I run it from my tablet.

I really don't need to have Tidal, because my own library is so huge, but for $20 a month I get virtually evry song available and theynare always adding more. Through the Roon program, if you play an album, it will show you similar artists, so you can find music that you never new about. stuff like that so it's pretty cool. like you mentioned Brand X. I havent listened to them yet, but Tidal has a whole bunch of there albums. Tidal also has many albums in MQA which is way of encoding that is supposed to sound closer to the way the original recordiing then anything else. you can look that up for a better explanation than mine

So , I sit on my couch, dead center in the sweet spot and call up any song from my tablet, as well as , I have added Alexa controlled lighting and ceiling fans also controlled either by voice or on my tablet.

So here's my system:

GoldenEar Technology Triton Reference speakers

Bel Canto Ref500 mono block amps. these are little digital amps that stay on 24/7 and draw very little power but sound amazing and put out some power

Bel Canto E1x DAC/preamp/streamer

Audioquest Niagra 1200 power conditioner. my interconnects and power cords are also by audioquest

Nordost purple flair speaker wire

Roon nucleus. also have a backup hard drive

most of the stuff, for me is pretty crazy expensive, but in the scheme of high end audio, it is a poor mans rich guy system lol. for example, this is nuts, but my power cords are $500. and there are many,many more expensive power cords. mine are actually some of. the cheaper decent ones. And yes, I heard a difference when I added them. not huge, but a difference. and I was a non believer before that.

outside of stereo, and beer, I spend basically no money on anything else for myself. almost never buy a coffee out or a sandwich out... all of my money has always gone to family needs and remodeling my house, which I do myself. I am a contractor, but now I almost solely just do plaster. I'm getting older, slower and tired so decided it was time to enjoy music again. plus, it goes good with beer

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
BS:

Love the Genesis and sports rooms ... good wife ! I've got an enabler too :) She once bought me a t-shirt that had a Gabriel head on it in his Supper's Ready outfit with the caption, "A Flower?"

Did not know about Banks' classical albums. I'll check 'em out and I'm sure I'll like them as I am a big fan of Banks. He does not get enough credit for the Genesis sound

First time I saw them was in the Felt Forum for the Selling England tour. Couldn't even afford to bring a grand piano with them then. Place was half full. Of course, years later, they were upstairs but I always thought that they sold out after Hackett left. Much simpler and less creative material but it appealed to the masses. I don't blame them though.

You may still want to check out Musical Box anyway, It's all Gabriel era. He took his kids to see them so they could see "what daddy used to do". They use the exact instrumentation, exact Gabriel costumes, exact model LP that Hackett used and even a real live Mellotron. The backdrop films are the actual ones used by the band back then. Each one can all cop all the parts and as you know, that takes talent. They even do The Knife. That's Anthony Phillips era ! I hate covers. Always refused to do them myself. You can always tell when bands try to cover others and it always lacks the feel and vibe of the originals, but this is a rare case where that is not true. Hackett also tours doing Genesis material and I swear that MB does it better.

Brand X is still killing it too. I'm a jazz-rock fusion nut so I enjoy the heck out of seeing them. They are at (or were at) the Iridium at least annually if not more frequent. Well, at least Goodsall is. I hear that Morris Pert retired though.

Interested to hear your take on best Genesis album. It's a tough choice and if you asked me it would be a different answer every time. Today it is Lamb but yesterday it was Selling England.

So now the challenge is to find something Genesis related that you didn't know about (even possible?). First try is Daryl Struermer (Genesis, Collins, Banks and Rutherford albums) and his amazing solo albums.

Yin Yang Boogie - YouTube

how did i do ?

Now I got them in my head ... "Play me the Old King Cole ... "

You did good.

My bucket list includes meeting Anthony Phillips. I would like to think I am due a little bit of credit for getting him together with Hackett against all odds LOL A story for another time. My boat named Foxtrot ll has the fox head on the boat ....well it looks close to it lol.

For another day on how Daryll almost had to bail me out of jail........LOL No i did not go to jail but it is a good short story.

I am afraid the tell you Morris Pert I think has passed...sad if true.

I love to say that Trick is "The greatest Album ever sold" LOL But I think they are all great. I never thought they sold out they just changed their clothes. Times change & so do they but it is in my blood

I must give you a little bit of my other side...coming out of the closet today LOL. Before genesis I followed Twisted Sister around the bar circuit lol. Much better bar band then a rock band IMO

Last edited:

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
You must remember Bill Chase, one of my trumpet playing heros?

It's been a long hard confusing journey building my system, since I really don't like computers or understand too much about them or care to know much about them. But to be able to have all your songs in one spot and be able to play any song instantly in atleast cd quality is too good to be true. I know old timers believe tubes and records sound the best, and they may very well, but the new digital stuff can sound really good now and ,again having every song at your fingertips is just great

while my kids were growing up, my wife and K each worked part time so that one of us was always home with the kids, so for years, I never had any money for a kick ass stereo, butnow that they are older and at least my wife makes good money, I have been able to build a pretty cool system over the past few years. The streaming stuff is forever changing and it took a while to understand how to incorporate the stereo into the stereo, but now I have a pretty good setup that sounds and works great.

I like to stick with the small stereo companies where you actually might get an answer from the owner/creator of the products if you email a question. my speakers are made by a guy named Sandy Gross who so founded Polk Audio, then Definitive Technology, and finally GoldenEar Technology which is what my speakers are.

My amps, preamp/dac/streamer are made by a guy named John Stronzer and a little company, I think in Michigan, called Bel Canto Design.

in the time I have built this system, unfortunately it has changed a lot so I ended up upgrading pieces as I understood streaming better and realized how much I love this stuff.

I started out using the computer to run everything, which I hated, and ended up taking the computer out of computer audio, kind of anyway. That's what Roon does. I bought a Roon Nucleus, which basically is a linux operating system to just run the Roon program and houses a hard drive with all my music. I run it from my tablet.

I really don't need to have Tidal, because my own library is so huge, but for $20 a month I get virtually evry song available and theynare always adding more. Through the Roon program, if you play an album, it will show you similar artists, so you can find music that you never new about. stuff like that so it's pretty cool. like you mentioned Brand X. I havent listened to them yet, but Tidal has a whole bunch of there albums. Tidal also has many albums in MQA which is way of encoding that is supposed to sound closer to the way the original recordiing then anything else. you can look that up for a better explanation than mine

So , I sit on my couch, dead center in the sweet spot and call up any song from my tablet, as well as , I have added Alexa controlled lighting and ceiling fans also controlled either by voice or on my tablet.

So here's my system:

GoldenEar Technology Triton Reference speakers

Bel Canto Ref500 mono block amps. these are little digital amps that stay on 24/7 and draw very little power but sound amazing and put out some power

Bel Canto E1x DAC/preamp/streamer

Audioquest Niagra 1200 power conditioner. my interconnects and power cords are also by audioquest

Nordost purple flair speaker wire

Roon nucleus. also have a backup hard drive

most of the stuff, for me is pretty crazy expensive, but in the scheme of high end audio, it is a poor mans rich guy system lol. for example, this is nuts, but my power cords are $500. and there are many,many more expensive power cords. mine are actually some of. the cheaper decent ones. And yes, I heard a difference when I added them. not huge, but a difference. and I was a non believer before that.

outside of stereo, and beer, I spend basically no money on anything else for myself. almost never buy a coffee out or a sandwich out... all of my money has always gone to family needs and remodeling my house, which I do myself. I am a contractor, but now I almost solely just do plaster. I'm getting older, slower and tired so decided it was time to enjoy music again. plus, it goes good with beer

Funny CH in the 80's & 90's i built a super stereo piece by piece but tossed it all out a few years ago when we were cleaning out things.

I now have a five CD player & Sherwood Amp that we have in our sun room with 6 speakers. Two in the sunroom two on the patio & two by our above ground pool (many covid hours this summer spent there). This is the system I use the most. Listening to ant phillips at night with the fire going on the patio is amazing.

I have a shelf system in the living room that I use by the fire in the winter.

I have a sony basic 5.1 system in our sports room that i watch sports with & some movies.

I made up a decent system 5.1 in the genesis room that i watch my genesis concerts on. Not fancy at all but sound s good.

So it may sound like big money but it is made up of leftovers & used parts

My new one is the boat which has just two speakers now & a marine Kenwood unit. not much money but sounds good,

My car I bought used is an 2008 Aspen with many speakers & hard drive that is nice too.

I almost forgot again on the cheap with used equipment I have a 5.1 outdoor theater setup that I can roll our (It has been five years) that I play my genesis concerts on. Next to being at a concert A 12 foot screen outside is the best. the only problem is you need to turn it down after about 10:30 to 11:00.

A typical night when the kids were younger was a Genesis live song or Gabriel followed by a three stooges short lol then a full movie. Sometimes we would go to dawn. Halloween is a fun night if not too cold,

So i traded top end for music everywhere lol.

When this virus ends I would love to invite you both up for Superbowl III outside on the big screen.

My father-in-law at one time was head of product development for Harman Kardon He built some amazing speakers that are in his basement that I would have asked for except we could not put them anywhere. One of a kind that he built in the early 60"s at night after work. Amazing.

Pink Floyd is great too as is Super tramp

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Funny CH in the 80's & 90's i built a super stereo piece by piece but tossed it all out a few years ago when we were cleaning out things.

I now have a five CD player & Sherwood Amp that we have in our sun room with 6 speakers. Two in the sunroom two on the patio & two by our above ground pool (many covid hours this summer spent there). This is the system I use the most. Listening to ant phillips at night with the fire going on the patio is amazing.

I have a shelf system in the living room that I use by the fire in the winter.

I have a sony basic 5.1 system in our sports room that i watch sports with & some movies.

I made up a decent system 5.1 in the genesis room that i watch my genesis concerts on. Not fancy at all but sound s good.

So it may sound like big money but it is made up of leftovers & used parts

My new one is the boat which has just two speakers now & a marine Kenwood unit. not much money but sounds good,

My car I bought used is an 2008 Aspen with many speakers & hard drive that is nice too.

I almost forgot again on the cheap with used equipment I have a 5.1 outdoor theater setup that I can roll our (It has been five years) that I play my genesis concerts on. Next to being at a concert A 12 foot screen outside is the best. the only problem is you need to turn it down after about 10:30 to 11:00.

A typical night when the kids were younger was a Genesis live song or Gabriel followed by a three stooges short lol then a full movie. Sometimes we would go to dawn. Halloween is a fun night if not too cold,

So i traded top end for music everywhere lol.

When this virus ends I would love to invite you both up for Superbowl III outside on the big screen.

My father-in-law at one time was head of product development for Harman Kardon He built some amazing speakers that are in his basement that I would have asked for except we could not put them anywhere. One of a kind that he built in the early 60"s at night after work. Amazing.

Pink Floyd is great too as is Super tramp

That's all cool! you have some pretty cool stuff with the boats and all. and some pretty cool stories that I didn't know.
I still have all my stuff from the 80's and 90's. Aragon amp and preamp, some fosgate amps I have a theater set up in my other room where we watch tv. while the kids were young, I never got to listen to music because they always had the tv on so I set up a couple remote zone speakers to listen which eventually turned into what I have now, but the theater stuff has no been somewhat forgotten. I have a newer Marantz processor buteven that is old.

my next project is to rebuild the theater. I have my older GoldenEars up there for a start, but need to upgrade the rest. Getting the new Anthem stuff. Anthem just came out with a new amp and processor.. I might buy the old 5channel demo amp from the store where I go and then get the new processor to go with it. time to retire having 3 seperate amps for the theater that run hot and suck up power and just have one for everything. deciding now while I save up , if the demo is what I'll do, or just splurge for the brand new amp. will depend on if the demo is still around when I save the money. Still recovering from Christmas but the demo sale is on now

I was gonna do some outdoor speakers but decided to just get a Sonos Move. it's portable, wireless, safe for outside, and it can play right from my hard drive of my other system and use Tidal... and for just 1 speaker, actually sounds pretty darn good and I can take it in the front yard or the back yard, wherever

My other system that I described is just amazing. probably kinda big for my house or mst houses actually. speakers are about 5 feet tall. I have them in a.decent size room with a cathedral ceiling but they can fill the whole darn house and loud and still sound really good. My upstairs has an open balcony to the room where my stereo is with a bedroom at each end. the speakers have built in powered subs. One night I was listening to Pink Floyd, Sorrow which is very bass laden. for fun, turned up the volume on the subs a little higher than normal. My daughters room is at one end of the balcony upstairs and the house was vibrating so much from the bass that something fell off the shelf in her closet. Too funny! I always liked it really loud.

I kinda lucked out with the speakers. When GoldenEar started , the first and I think only speaker they had at first was called the Triton 2. I bought them right away. unusual for me because I usually take a long time to make a decision to spend.a lot of money. soon after I bought them, the price went up, so it was a good decision. A year or 2 later, they then came out with a better model. I was sad. at some point, I really thought about buying the nrw ones which were a little out of my price range, but then, I thought, what if I buy these and then an even better model comes out? I talked my store and we called and aked the rep if there might be another on the way. they are not supposed to let new info out before the fact, but luckily for me, he said that there was a reference model in the works. so, I waited for them and hoped that the price would be something that I might concider. he had hinted they might be 10 k or more. When they first came out, they turned out to be $8500. I had already thought hard about this, and I had just finished a job where I had made probably the most money I will ever make in a short time, so I said what the heck and I bought them. and I got 15% off too. lucky for me because, now, they are 10k

I also just read that Sandy has just sold GoldenEar to Audioquest and he was going to stay on for a.while but has decided to leave. he has been at it for 50 years I thinkmthey said, so.while they wonder if he might start yet another speaker company, it kinda seems that he will retire. Sandy always wanted to create speakers that were affordable yet comparable to the elite insanely priced speakers and for right now atleast, I own his finest achievement. At the other store where I buy the Bel Canto stuff, 10k speakers are not even that expensive

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
Guys, now that I mostly just plaster, I generally work in really high end homes. multimillion dollar weekend homes.that see very little use but have the coldest stuff in them. So, I see cool stuff and want to have something like it at my own house. Most of the stereos go in after I'm off the project already so I never get to see them, but one place had 30k worth of speaker wire running to just 2 speakers that cost over 100k for the pair. totally nuts the money that some people have. and it was a weekend home

another one was built way up on a mountain in Kent. long dirt road to get there but a beautiful place with an amazing view. I heard that the people moved to England and the house sits empty almost all.the time. they pay people to watch it and clean it, but it mostly sits empty. It' s an old barn conversion. an old barn that was taken down from Canad a or somewhere and brought here. they put up the barn beams and baarn wood ceiling and then pretty much build another house around it. so you walk in and see the old barn beams and plaster that we do and then most ofthe rest is fully modern. outside a lot have the old weathered barn siding and even sliding barn doors to cover up the actual entrance door. we do a lot of these. barn frames used to come from around here, but as they become more popular, they get harder to find and I think now, a lot come from Canada

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Guys, now that I mostly just plaster, I generally work in really high end homes. multimillion dollar weekend homes.that see very little use but have the coldest stuff in them. So, I see cool stuff and want to have something like it at my own house. Most of the stereos go in after I'm off the project already so I never get to see them, but one place had 30k worth of speaker wire running to just 2 speakers that cost over 100k for the pair. totally nuts the money that some people have. and it was a weekend home

another one was built way up on a mountain in Kent. long dirt road to get there but a beautiful place with an amazing view. I heard that the people moved to England and the house sits empty almost all.the time. they pay people to watch it and clean it, but it mostly sits empty. It' s an old barn conversion. an old barn that was taken down from Canad a or somewhere and brought here. they put up the barn beams and baarn wood ceiling and then pretty much build another house around it. so you walk in and see the old barn beams and plaster that we do and then most ofthe rest is fully modern. outside a lot have the old weathered barn siding and even sliding barn doors to cover up the actual entrance door. we do a lot of these. barn frames used to come from around here, but as they become more popular, they get harder to find and I think now, a lot come from Canada

Those prices are out of my league but you may find out that someday soon that chasing all the top end stuff is not worth it but again you may not lol. I did a few years ago but we are all different. I also feel no matter how good the stereo is the real thing is the best. Nothing like the concert. I would look for the top TV,s for a long time. Now we have five fair to avg TVs & I am happy. lol We don't have TV service just Hulu for free. I watch the Jets on my Phone not my 50 inch TV. I had a real nice boat in the 80's now my 25 footer is perfect. I stopped chasing......I think even Genesis or at least some of them mostly listen to music in their cars or on just avg systems. But again their studios$$$$$.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
From the selfish side besides being with my family

I really could just be happy just going to Genesis concerts, my boat & Football games each year. with some music during the other times. some travel thrown in lol

Last edited:

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
From the selfish side besides being with my family

I really could just be happy just going to Genesis concerts, my boat & Football games each year. with some music during the other times. some travel thrown in lol
Im happy with my stereo. to me its expensive and above and beyond what I have, the cost to improvement ratio gets higher and higher. mine really amazes me. I dont need anything else. when my wife asks what I want for Christmas, I say nothing but beer and I mean it. other than eating, fixing my house, music and beer and our yearly Disney trip, I dont stimulate the economy very much. but I also never have much left

I used to buy cd's all the time, but now that I have Tidal there is no reason for that so like I tell my wife, I now have everything. I was actually running out of cds to buy anyway

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
what I love so much about my stereo is the width of the sound stage. listening to Brand X right now to check it out and the musicians are all over the stage in front of me. somethings that I listen to are so wide that I have to look off to the side because it sounds like someone is over there. so freakin cool

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
I was tying to think of concerts that I have been to. I really like the small venues. already mentioned seeing GTR. that was at the Palace in New Haven, if I remember correctly.
I saw a guitarist that you may or may not have ever heard of, Ottmar Leibert at Infinity Hall in Norfolk. Me and my #2 son sat front row for that.

For my #1 sons high school graduation, he's the guitar player, I took him to The Ridgefield Playhouse to see Joe Satriani. Sat front row for that and had the meet and greet and got autographs and caught a pick during the concert. not sure his system sounded better then mine, but it may have been a smidge louder which made me sad

we.try and do TSO every Christmas. have been close enough and lucky enough to get a couple picks of theirs too. Love those guys. always a great and energetic show. great way to kick off the holiday season. they are usually in Ct. Thanksgiving weekend. Used to play Hartford and Mohegan but lately are only in Hartford

saw Billy Joel and Elton John together. another great show

pink floyd a couple times. the police a couple times. saw Kenny Rogers at The Warner Theater in Torrington. The Who at the meadowlands, REM civic center. Sugarland at the Mohegan as well as The Eagles there.

took my wife to see Whitney Houston back when we were dating . there was a guy right behind us who kept screaming out replies to anything Whitney said between songs and yelled out I love, love songs, I Love you Whitney. It was funny the first few times but after a while, I just wished he would shut up

thats all I can think of right now.

cheaterhater

Superior Ass
Jets Global
CH:

asked my son if he new of any of those cable adapter stuff but he didnt know either. he mostly just picks at his electric unplugged. he new gear acquisition syndrome though , but from photography which his other love

Last edited: