No. 26 Select Florida State Seminoles EDGE Jermaine Johnson II
No. 36 Select Iowa State Cyclones RB Breece Hall
No. 101 Select Ohio State Buckeyes TE Jeremy Ruckert
No. 111
No. 117

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
It ain't over yet but this draft has really set this team and ZW up for big time success. Love the job that JoeD has done, amazing what competence looks like. Incredible transformation from top to bottom in three years. Am I pumped, you're damn right I am. Can't wait to see what's next for the round 4 picks.

Last edited:

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
douglas is putting himself in position to pick another QB if wilson's not the guy..

that's not me throwing shade at the kid because i do believe he can be the guy for us.. that's me appreciating douglas having to tear the whole thing down while amassing serious premium capital.. then throw in trading away the untradable (herndon & cashman) just for good measure..

douglas had tremendous pressure on himself to have a great draft.. he's crushed the draft..

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So many years of bad to Stupid idiot drafts by bad GMs hired by JETS owners. So many bad QBs drafts passing on so many great QBs and Super Bowls since Namath. But Now I got the GM, HC, and OC I wanted along with QB Wilson ! Add this super Draft done and free agency this year and we as a JETS Team are going the right direction. Phew finally!!!!!!! After passing on QB Allen another Marino blunder I gave Jets a 3 years turn around or done and got this year and next.

gastineau

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Think about that! We could end up having a very young Core team of great to good Players for next Decade to constantly rebuild around year after year. This year gives me hope that Jets finally got the right GM, Coaches.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
JD might be trying figure out how to pay for a bunch of All-Pros when their rookie deals expire.
And, you know what?
We won't care.
We'll be too busy counting the Super Bowl trophies.

Later

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
It ain't over yet but this draft has really set this team and ZW up for big time success. Love the job that JoeD has done, amazing what competence looks like. Incredible transformation from top to bottom in three years. Am I pumped, you're damn right I am. Can't wait to see what's next for the round 4 picks.
Wilson has zero excuses. If he fails it’s because he is not the answer.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
#4... Best Corner in the draft.
#10... Best WR in the draft.
#26... 3rd Highest Rated DE in an ultra-competitive DE Draft; any of them could be ranked ahead of the other, but we'll go with 3.
#36... Best RB in the draft.
#101... Sleeper TE in the draft who might turn out to be the best when it's all said and done years from now*
#111... Tackle who was originally on Bucky's & DJ's top 5 position rankings; testing hurt his stock NOT THE GAME FILM**
#117... DE with an RAS of 8.21***

* Ruckert was targeted less frequently than the other highly selected TE's, but his QB's had a whopping 110 rating when he was targeted.
+ he is the most complete in line blocking TE among pass catching TE's in the draft; meaning, he can play right away if needed.

Mitchell's only knocks were technique; hand placement, and finishing off blocks with his legs. But the effort is there. This guy can be a starter.

Clemons is going to be something special (1.) setting edges against the run (2.) creating stunts for quicker linemen because of his power, and (3.) shoving his blocker right into the lap of the opposing QB.

JD nailed this draft! 7 players... 7 players who will contribute this year!!

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Super job by Joe Douglas and his staff. Super glad he's our GM. To top it off we have, I believe, the right coaching staff to develop all the talent that he added so far through free agency and the draft or might still add through undrafted free agency.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Wilson has zero excuses. If he fails it’s because he is not the answer.
And we are now in a pretty good position, that if he fails, we have a great base built to surround a new QB in next years draft with.
Although I have a great feeling about Zach. He is definitely putting in the work this offseason. Now we wait and see if it pays off.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
And we are now in a pretty good position, that if he fails, we have a great base built to surround a new QB in next years draft with.
Although I have a great feeling about Zach. He is definitely putting in the work this offseason. Now we wait and see if it pays off.

with a team that will be ready to win now, "if" Zach craps the bed (which he will not), why not wait to see which next year's "Russell Wilson" is available?

rent said QB for a while, and see if Zach can get it together in the meantime.

i digress, but does anyone remember the good ole days when young QB's were allowed to $h!t the bed for a few years before being asked "to make the leap"? A lot of teams' trophy cases wouldn't have had Lombardi's in them if everyone were so quick to cut bait. Bradshaw's arm is still aching from carrying 4 rings after years of bad play... just sayin'.