Quinnen Williams’ contract demands revealed (Report)

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

The framework for a contract always seemed to be in place: four years, roughly $25 million per year, $65-70 million guaranteed. That would exceed the deals signed by the big three DTs this offseason and make Quinnen the highest-paid interior defensive lineman short of Aaron Donald.

But, apparently, the first-team All-Pro is not satisfied with that. Per McKenna, he is seeking $25-30 million per year. While the former number is realistic, the latter comes dangerously close to Donald territory.

Donald’s three-year, $95 million extension with the Rams gave him $31.67 million per year. The irony is that his guarantee structure was more in line with that of Simmons’, as he had $65 million in total guarantees with $46.5 million due at signing.

If Williams is looking to get into that range, that could definitely cause a holdup for the Jets. As good as his 2022 season was, it was one year.

Donald’s extension came following a Super Bowl victory. That season, he had just earned a whopping seventh consecutive first-team All-Pro. He had three Defensive Player of the Year awards to his name. Donald is a first-ballot Hall of Famer, in the conversation for the best defensive player of all time, and set a market of his own. Even though Williams played better than Donald in 2022, he doesn’t have anywhere close to the same resumé.

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Well no DL is ever getting Donald money again. The Guy had HOF cred when He signed that deal. Name one guy with that type of maintained success over that period of time at the position He plays.
Donald earned that deal. Q might have to take a little less.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
from what I believe, Quinnen is okay with $25 M annual but the Jets feel uneasy.

if a deal is finalized soon it will likely be a 5 year deal with the final 2 years no guarantees and considered dead years where he can either restructure, be traded or released. so hearing a 5 year $118 M deal is where they stand now but technically a 3 year $80 M is the base that would put him between the suggested 25=30 M annual. the guarantees would be the most Joe Douglas has paid out ever. hearing close to $72 M would be guaranteed which is ridiculous on that short of a contract.

personally I feel even though the last year Quinnen stepped up his game he only did it one year and now feels it is time to cash in, but will he be the next Mo Wilkerson is my fear?

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'm okay with a 3yr 80 base. I don't see this Kid getting flaky on them. His brother is on the Team AND signed. Has to give Him a sense of security. I think as long as Q doesn't get his panties in a bunch about "getting paid" the Jets are going to be good. 2 yrs down the road? Hard to tell.