Steelers' owner voices frustration

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Apparently Art Rooney II has said 'We've had enough of this' because the Steelers, despite not having a losing season, haven't WON a playoff game for SEVEN years. And yet Jets fans are supposedly impatient.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Apparently Art Rooney II has said 'We've had enough of this' because the Steelers, despite not having a losing season, haven't WON a playoff game for SEVEN years. And yet Jets fans are supposedly impatient.
Nothing like hearing from a greedy owner......now Woody says give it a 100 years....slow & steady,

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Now is a good time to criticize Woody for expressing the same frustration Jets fans have expressed. He got bashed for not expressing it, and now he's taking heat for expressing it. It doesn't matter that Jets fans have been saying the exact same thing for a long time. Woody has somehow been portrayed as wrong for saying it.

I'm not saying Woody is a great owner by any means. I think he intervenes too much. He's not Jerry Jones, but he shouldn't be involved in the football side at all. But he does spend the money on the team. He has both negatives and positives. But many Jets fans just spin the negative at all costs.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Now is a good time to criticize Woody for expressing the same frustration Jets fans have expressed. He got bashed for not expressing it, and now he's taking heat for expressing it. It doesn't matter that Jets fans have been saying the exact same thing for a long time. Woody has somehow been portrayed as wrong for saying it.

I'm not saying Woody is a great owner by any means. I think he intervenes too much. He's not Jerry Jones, but he shouldn't be involved in the football side at all. But he does spend the money on the team. He has both negatives and positives. But many Jets fans just spin the negative at all costs.
Does anyone think this team wins a SB with Woody as owner??

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Does anyone think this team wins a SB with Woody as owner??
I can't answer that. I don't think it would be because of him.

And it bothers me a ton if he is meeting with Saleh on a daily basis. Not the owner's job. Pay the bills and stay out of the way. He's good at paying the bills. And he's not like a Jerry Jones, running the show his way. But just hire football people and let them do their thing.

The other issue I have with him is that he is far too reactionary to moron journalists and Jets fans. He needs to stop reading the articles out there about the Jets, and he needs to stop listening to the ranting of the fans.

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
At least the Woodster recognises that we need offensive linemen. Hopefully this prevents some of the dafter #1 draft picks that have been mooted.

McJet

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Woody needs to shut up and get the F out of the way.
Zero football decisions should be made by him.
Now, if/when the Jets go to trade Zach, whoever they “negotiate “ with has the Jets owner saying he’s not even a viable back up QB. Well done.
He’s mad as hell..Yet, everything is status quo. Nothing to see here.
If next season is a bust with a healthy Rodgers, Woody might as well sell the team.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Woody needs to shut up and get the F out of the way.
Zero football decisions should be made by him.
Now, if/when the Jets go to trade Zach, whoever they “negotiate “ with has the Jets owner saying he’s not even a viable back up QB. Well done.
He’s mad as hell..Yet, everything is status quo. Nothing to see here.
If next season is a bust with a healthy Rodgers, Woody might as well sell the team.
The only thing I disagree with is the idea that Woody's comments impacted Zach's trade value. I mean, please.

Does anyone really think there is another team about there that was swayed by this? "Well, damn, we were about to trade a third rounder for Zach Wilson. We thought he was really good. But now that Woody Johnson thinks he's a bum, we're not going to."

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I agree with Woody staying out of the football side of the business, But, let me ask you all. IF, if by any chance you all, if by somehow, you inherited or won in a lottery 10 billion dollars and bought the New York Jets. Would you stick your 2 cents into the football side of the N.Y. Jets? I would. I would be in the Draft room making sure JD and Saleh didn't screw up the first pick in the draft by taking a TE or Defensive player.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree with Woody staying out of the football side of the business, But, let me ask you all. IF, if by any chance you all, if by somehow, you inherited or won in a lottery 10 billion dollars and bought the New York Jets. Would you stick your 2 cents into the football side of the N.Y. Jets? I would. I would be in the Draft room making sure JD and Saleh didn't screw up the first pick in the draft by taking a TE or Defensive player.
Y'all know I would be worse than Jerry Jones. I might even be worse than that idiot in Carolina.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The absolute worst. You would have to pay players double what other teams would just to play for your team. Would need scandalous pictures of coaches wife’s to keep them there. Would have to pay fans to attend the games.
Actually I wouldn't let my team reside in a state with useless state taxes. And instead of throwing a drink on a fan I would have a stadium wide super soaker that would spray fans individually or as a whole with bleach. You act like a jackass and cheer when your QB gets hurt then you would be sprayed first and then the bottom of your seat would drop out and your freshly sprayed and disinfected body would plummet down a tunnel into my jail. And I believe strongly in the death penalty.

@Oraelo now you got my juices flowin'.

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Actually I wouldn't let my team reside in a state with useless state taxes. And instead of throwing a drink on a fan I would have a stadium wide super soaker that would spray fans individually or as a whole with bleach. You act like a jackass and cheer when your QB gets hurt then you would be sprayed first and then the bottom of your seat would drop out and your freshly sprayed and disinfected body would plummet down a tunnel into my jail. And I believe strongly in the death penalty.

@Oraelo now you got my juices flowin'.
All perfectly reasonable tactics.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I can't answer that. I don't think it would be because of him.

And it bothers me a ton if he is meeting with Saleh on a daily basis. Not the owner's job. Pay the bills and stay out of the way. He's good at paying the bills. And he's not like a Jerry Jones, running the show his way. But just hire football people and let them do their thing.

The other issue I have with him is that he is far too reactionary to moron journalists and Jets fans. He needs to stop reading the articles out there about the Jets, and he needs to stop listening to the ranting of the fans.
What Woody said about this team was true. The offense is a disaster. JD assembled this offense. JD and Saleh should have a playoff mandate. No extensions for either. I still hate Woody, but he was right. So funny he said we need a guard, maybe another guard, a couple tackles and a WR. He knows what a disaster JD had been on the OL and offense.

Last edited: