With Mo Out, Coples Prepared to Play Some D-Line

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This actually excites me very much. Coples has been playing out of position since moving to LB. I think he is definitely better suited to play on the line. I think in college he did most of his damage as DT but I think he can be effective here as DE like he was in his rookie year. What do you guys think? Does he have a shot to rejuvenate his career after being pretty much non-existant the last two years other than the game against the Saints last year? I think he himself is excited, check out what he said. As a DE in his rookie season he has 5.5 sacks.

“Defensive end is a natural position, so it’s great for me,” he said. “It’s good to get back and just rush the quarterback.”

Here's the link to an article from newyorkjets.com where the quote comes from. I hope we can move to a 4-3 so our beast D-line can wreak havoc. Mo - Richardson - Harrison - Coples

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Quinton-Coples-Prepared-to-Step-In-for-Mo/6d2c4052-e2e7-46f5-8659-020a189dfce4

Xmarco

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
This actually excites me very much. Coples has been playing out of position since moving to LB. I think he is definitely better suited to play on the line. I think in college he did most of his damage as DT but I think he can be effective here as DE like he was in his rookie year. What do you guys think? Does he have a shot to rejuvenate his career after being pretty much non-existant the last two years other than the game against the Saints last year? I think he himself is excited, check out what he said. As a DE in his rookie season he has 5.5 sacks.

Here's the link to an article from newyorkjets.com where the quote comes from. I hope we can move to a 4-3 so our beast D-line can wreak havoc. Mo - Richardson - Harrison - Coples

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/Quinton-Coples-Prepared-to-Step-In-for-Mo/6d2c4052-e2e7-46f5-8659-020a189dfce4

Me too...maybe the new CS will do this too...I think David Harris would do better in 4-3 too

U

ucrenegade

yeah i think going 4-3 is what we need to do. I am excited to see what coples can do I know he is not as strong as wilk but he is faster. Maybe he can tire out some of those lineman so davis can get some pressure on the QB.

F

flgreen

Actually, Coples plays about 50% of the defensive snaps with his hand in the dirt. Jets are not a typical 3-4 defensive. The 3-4 is their base, but Rex puts many different looks out there with the front 7. I really like Coples, but he has been a disappointment as far as production is concerned. he always seems to be just a half second to late.

Gets a lot of hurries and QB hits, but just has a hard time closing the deal

U

ucrenegade

Actually, Coples plays about 50% of the defensive snaps with his hand in the dirt. Jets are not a typical 3-4 defensive. The 3-4 is their base, but Rex puts many different looks out there with the front 7. I really like Coples, but he has been a disappointment as far as production is concerned. he always seems to be just a half second to late.

Gets a lot of hurries and QB hits, but just has a hard time closing the deal

This is why he shows potential to me if we had better corners the QB would hold the ball that half second longer. As far as QB's getting the ball off I bet they do faster against us than most other teams.

J

Jetster

If Coples has a great game Rex should be let go at halftime,lol.