cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
So with Tyron Smith signed what will we do with #10 pick now? QB? Bpa? Receiver?

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
If one of the top 3 WR are there, that’s who we pick. If not, trade down, get a 2nd. Then go QB in 1 and WR in 2. 4th will be depth OL. we still need a WR and maybe a safety or RB in FA. Probably sign 1 or 2 mor depth pieces

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
A lot depends on if Mike Williams signs here during his Monday visit I think. Assuming Williams does sign with the Jets I believe that if the OT that JD wants is there he will pick him. If his preferred tackle is not there but Bowers is we will wind up with a new TE. Just a hunch of course, and yes Big Moe, that information ..........came from the Coon Cat.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
In my perfect scenario, we trade down and still nab Taliese Fuaga. We still have holes to fill at WR, Safety and LB and could desperately use some more draft assets.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
In my perfect scenario, we trade down and still nab Taliese Fuaga. We still have holes to fill at WR, Safety and LB and could desperately use some more draft assets.
Now that they have signed Smith trading down is more of a possibility and those odds might really improve if they can get Mike Williams under contract when he visits this week. As far as safety goes they do have Chuck Clark back this season so that spot isn't quite as empty as it seems and it is believed that Ashton might be resigned as well. Slowly but surely things are beginning to look improved albiet some of it short term.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Now that they have signed Smith trading down is more of a possibility and those odds might really improve if they can get Mike Williams under contract when he visits this week. As far as safety goes they do have Chuck Clark back this season so that spot isn't quite as empty as it seems and it is believed that Ashton might be resigned as well. Slowly but surely things are beginning to look improved albiet some of it short term.
Both of those guys are SS, and Clark "if healthy" I can totally see playing a hybrid Safety/LB role as he's a sure tackler and belongs in the box.

We really need a ball hawk to help sure up the secondary. Adams was serviceable but not much more, and Whitehead was always god awful in coverage (good job last season with the turnovers, but he was still horrible in coverage). This is really the hole I'm hoping their shore up. This is why I was hoping Oliver would be used as depth at CB but also used at FS.

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
Offensive line #1. A God awful signing of OG Simpson for 9 million per year. He will be relegated to water boy by the 3rd game. JD also likes to sign Offensive linemen who when early in their playing day were All Pro's and are now in there 30's and injury prone are Over the Hill. If the OL plays at an average of what we expect and we don't draft an Offensive linemen in this deep Offensive linemen draft. What are we going to do next year if it is not a deep talent of Offensive linemen. Draft Edge rushers?

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Both of those guys are SS, and Clark "if healthy" I can totally see playing a hybrid Safety/LB role as he's a sure tackler and belongs in the box.

We really need a ball hawk to help sure up the secondary. Adams was serviceable but not much more, and Whitehead was always god awful in coverage (good job last season with the turnovers, but he was still horrible in coverage). This is really the hole I'm hoping their shore up. This is why I was hoping Oliver would be used as depth at CB but also used at FS.
A very reasonable outlook, but Clark can play anywhere and he is also a ball hawk depending on where and how they use him. Whitehead had a nose for the ball as they say but he missed more tackles than I can count. Still....................like you I would like to see that position get stronger. That was the weak spot in the defense last season.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I love the little guy
he will pick him. If his preferred tackle is not there but Bowers is we will wind up with a new TE. Just a hunch of course, and yes Big Moe, that information ..........came from the Coon Cat.
And hope he’s correct
He usually is
I really think Brock doesn’t fall to # 10 anyway
Speculated chargers at # 5

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Offensive line #1. A God awful signing of OG Simpson for 9 million per year. He will be relegated to water boy by the 3rd game. JD also likes to sign Offensive linemen who when early in their playing day were All Pro's and are now in there 30's and injury prone are Over the Hill. If the OL plays at an average of what we expect and we don't draft an Offensive linemen in this deep Offensive linemen draft. What are we going to do next year if it is not a deep talent of Offensive linemen. Draft Edge rushers?
Seriously? So Simpson was good enough to start every game on last year's Ravens, but he'd be a waterboy with the Jets? Wow, the Jets must have had a much better OL than the Ravens have had these past seasons.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
One thing I will say is JD needed at least 3 OL to fix his disaster. Simpson is probably the worst decision, but he is young and he will be playing next to a HOF left tackle. Trading for a guy they let go seems stupid to me, but he has been a solid RT for years. Then, grabbing an oft injured LT on a one year deal was a good deal IMO. When healthy he is a top 3 LT and I don't think you can ever have a bad one year deal other than we will be in same place next season. On paper this OL is better than last year. If JD's plan fails I will be the first to crush him and call for his head, but so far he is doing a decent job at fixing the disaster he created.

Last edited:

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
So JD picked 3 Offensive linemen in FA. He has NO intention of Drafting an Offensive lineman in Rd #1. It'll be a FS, LBer, TE or WR if we don't pick up a stud in FA even if we trade down. This is truly my opinion.

Last edited:

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
Sack, you may have been an Offensive linemen in college. IMHO you know JACK SHIT about recruiting Offensive linemen and the skills they possess. As an OL you studied film on Defensive linemen, if at all. Whereas I was a RB. I studied film on the DL and my own OL on how they move, footwork, quickness and angles they would take on up coming games. Pass and Run Block are determined on a one on one. Not on what All Pro they are lined up next to who are helping them out. You don't look at that. You look at the team they played for and come away with, "Well they played on the Ravens". He has to be good! That must mean that AVT and Tippman are Shit because they play on the Jets.

Last edited:

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
We still need as many OL drafted as possible, fit them in as and when required and then maybe next season they will be actually competent to take over and be the #1s at their position and we won't need to sign another 4 geriatrics