Around the League: Coaching Carousel

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I don't want Pederson - there is nothing about the Eagles offense or defense that is better than the personnel they put on the field- there was nothing innovative or special about anything they did - it was routine, pedestrian, plodding and predictable.
He never got them to achieve beyond their abilities.
No thanks
Later

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
guess winning a super bowl was dumb luck
Three arguments for:
1. We get an experienced HC rather than a coordinator who may or may not have what it takes.
2. KC didn't do badly from hiring an HC canned by the Eagles.
3. If it doesn't work out, the Jets get the rare opportunity to fire a Superbowl-winning HC!

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
guess winning a super bowl was dumb luck
In my opinion, it was. He was carried on the back of a reserve QB who got hot down the stretch. If the starter hadn't gotten hurt, the QB Pederson liked better would have been their SB starter (if they had gotten that far).
Think about it, what have they done in a game that made you say "WOW!"? He is a very conservative coach whose teams win because they are physically better than the player opposite them. His ability to game plan or coach within a game were never tested. Sort of like my opinion of McCarthy at Green Bay.
But, that's my opinion from watching his team play a lot (MY wife is an Eagles fan). :(
Later

Oraelo

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Do you think that he hires a PI and gets dirt on these people before the interviews? Maybe holds a family member hostage?
How the fuck after seeing the job he has done here after the mess he left in Miami could anyone even contemplate giving this clown a head coaching job?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Do you think that he hires a PI and gets dirt on these people before the interviews? Maybe holds a family member hostage?
How the fuck after seeing the job he has done here after the mess he left in Miami could anyone even contemplate giving this clown a head coaching job?
have no fucking clue how he keeps getting job opportunities... he is a fucking clueless individual...

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Don't want Peterson. Doesn't this team ever learn? Aside from the obvious reasons it usually doesn't work out well when you hire a just fired HC. You can count on one hand were it had in the modern era of football. Take a year off DP. Do us all a favor.

ReallyBigfan

How Big is Too Big?
Jet Fanatics
In my opinion, it was. He was carried on the back of a reserve QB who got hot down the stretch. If the starter hadn't gotten hurt, the QB Pederson liked better would have been their SB starter (if they had gotten that far).
Think about it, what have they done in a game that made you say "WOW!"? He is a very conservative coach whose teams win because they are physically better than the player opposite them. His ability to game plan or coach within a game were never tested. Sort of like my opinion of McCarthy at Green Bay.
But, that's my opinion from watching his team play a lot (MY wife is an Eagles fan). :(
Later
Another important point is that many football people have suggested that Frank Reich deserved more credit for the Eagles' SB win than Pederson.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global

this is not real. no way would anyone be that dumb.

it would be even worse then when we took Kotite after they canned him. I remember that so well because I had just been trying to come to terms with how bad we were and how other teams were similarly bad, insane, unlucky... I noted the Eagles as one of those teams and even laughed at them having green uniforms too. then we go and hire kotite:batoverhead:

I thought this the worst thing that would ever happen in my football life but jt is a far second to when belichick resigned on his first day and I said to myself, well, atleast the patriots will suck worse then us now. and then the fucker goes and wins 20 straight superbowls :swathead::al::batoverhead:. I will never again compare our degree of suckiness to anyone else. We suck the most. no close second