Backup QB is taken care of - Tyrod Taylor is a Jet

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
He is a typical JD signing as he seems to be on IR a lot. Still not that bad of what's left out there.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Any details available for the Tyrod contract yet?
May not be much less than Minshews contract.
2 years 15 mill guaranteed.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
Any details available for the Tyrod contract yet?
May not be much less than Minshews contract.
2 years 15 mill guaranteed.
??? What I heard was 18 M. Didn't hear anything about guaranteed money. I would have based the deal on # of games played myself.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Not saying he isn't worth it, just saying the Jets can't really afford it with their tight budget and the fact that they still have other positions to fill. Receiver, OT for instance might be expensive.........
I hear you, G. I just can't take another year when we put absolute scrubs in at backup QB. With so many starters getting hurt these days, the backup QB position has become a vital part of the team. White, Boyle, Siemian, Streveler, and the rest had no shot at winning games.

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I hear you, G. I just can't take another year when we put absolute scrubs in at backup QB. With so many starters getting hurt these days, the backup QB position has become a vital part of the team. White, Boyle, Siemian, Streveler, and the rest had no shot at winning games.
Yep, have to agree with that.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
How would you have felt about the Minshew money if we had him on the roster last season after Rodgers went down after four plays?
Well 9 wins wouldn't have gotten it done last year and that's what he won last year. Minshew and Taylor are both back QB's and that's it. Both have had success. Give me the cheapest version and Taylor is $7M cheaper and probably more since he won't be playing.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree with you, but it's not like Taylor sucks. He just has had some years recently that he was injured. I can promise Minshew wasn't coming here to be a backup. He is getting paid to be a bridge. Taylor is a great backup because he knows he is a backup. Minshew actually thinks he is a full time starter.

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
I agree with you, but it's not like Taylor sucks. He just has had some years recently that he was injured. I can promise Minshew wasn't coming here to be a backup. He is getting paid to be a bridge. Taylor is a great backup because he knows he is a backup. Minshew actually thinks he is a full time starter.
Dude, in no way do I want to communicate that Tyrod sucks. I loved the guy a few years back. I hated when he got hurt. My family still roots for him. (On the roster last year, we'd have probably made the playoffs). I just wish it was Tyrod of a while ago.

And I agree with you that Minshew was not coming here as a backup. That's just my long standing appreciation for the guy and wish that JD had signed him a few years ago when he could have had him for nearly nothing.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Dude, in no way do I want to communicate that Tyrod sucks. I loved the guy a few years back. I hated when he got hurt. My family still roots for him. (On the roster last year, we'd have probably made the playoffs). I just wish it was Tyrod of a while ago.

And I agree with you that Minshew was not coming here as a backup. That's just my long standing appreciation for the guy and wish that JD had signed him a few years ago when he could have had him for nearly nothing.
I appreciate that he lived in a bus and wears jorts!

KenO'B

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
IMO? Yes. Plus he's younger.

And as a follow up to QB money: The Vikings just paid Darnold $10 million for one year. Darnold. WTF is the NFL coming to?
I bet all of us wish we had kept Darnold now though, just think what those trade down picks to the 49ers would have done for us and no fucking Wilson as an added bonus.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I bet all of us wish we had kept Darnold now though, just think what those trade down picks to the 49ers would have done for us and no fucking Wilson as an added bonus.
I haven't progressed that far in my grieving process. I'm still stuck on passing on Mahomes for Petty and Hack