Bucs at Jets: Run and Rookie rise

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Against the Buccaneers No. 3-ranked rush defense, the Jets totaled on the 150 yards on the ground. Carter exploded down the home sideline on the third play of the game for 55 yards that nearly went for a touchdown. The Green & White took a 7-0 lead four plays later, but Carter exited the game with a concussion later in the first quarter. Austin Walter led the group with 14 carries for 49 yards while Ty Johnson averaged 7.0 yards per carry (5 rushes, 35 yards).

"That's what it is, next man up," said Johnson, who also had 3 catches for 47 yards. "The game can't stop. I love MC, but it was unfortunate to have him go out because he was primed for a great game. He had that run, 55 yards, but things happen and Austin and I aren't going to let him down. We had to play hard for him for sure."

Nickel CB Michael Carter II recorded his first career sack with 3:15 remaining in the half, coming on a blitz and getting to Brady. He had 8 tackles for a defensive unit that again was led by C.J. Mosley (13 stops). It was Mosley's 10th game this season with 10-plus tackles.

"Really I was just trying to disguise," Carter II said. "We were playing a lot of man coverage, so we were trying to show that it was regular man coverage and then time up the snap and come off the edge. I was coming in, the tackle didn't see me and I'm coming from [Brady's] blind spot. I tried to get the ball, but I didn't. I got the sack, so I was hype about that."

With 28 seconds in the second quarter, CB Brandin Echols came up with his second interception when he played receiver on a miscommunication between Brady and WR Mike Evans. With the Jets thin at TE, rookie Kenny Yeboah had his first two catches of his career including a 24-yarder.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
With the Jets thin at TE, rookie Kenny Yeboah had his first two catches of his career including a 24-yarder.
Yeboah appears appears to have the TE receiving skills to be a asset moving forward, but the blocking is marginal at best. If you had your choice of a 2022 draft pick to pair with Yeboah who would it be? McBride, Wydemyer, ?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Yeboah appears appears to have the TE receiving skills to be a asset moving forward, but the blocking is marginal at best. If you had your choice of a 2022 draft pick to pair with Yeboah who would it be? McBride, Wydemyer, ?
Yeboah is a good number 3...
Need a number 1 - Draft McBride, Otton are two options...
Is Trevon Wesco a number 2?
Do we need 3 or 4 TEs?
Do we re-sign Griffin, Kroft or Brown?

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
Brown they try to avoid using so to me he has to be upgraded. Definitely need a #1 TE. Schultz appears to be the only viable fit in FA but he won't be cheap and maybe not even available if DAL locks him up.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
We need a TE in either the 2nd Rd (which I prefer) or 3rd Rd. Depends what JD does in FA , during trades and the Draft to acquire more Draft Capital. A second TE with good hands, adequate blocking and a knack for getting open who slips in the Draft to around the 5th Rd (miracles do happen) would do wonders for Wilson.