Cecil the Lion

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What a shame
Yeah, I'm also a treehugger

The president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Ingrid Newkirk, issued a statement on behalf of the organisation in which she said: "Hunting is a coward’s pastime. If, as has been reported, this dentist [Palmer] and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged."

image.jpg

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
What a shame
Yeah, I'm also a treehugger

The president of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), Ingrid Newkirk, issued a statement on behalf of the organisation in which she said: "Hunting is a coward’s pastime. If, as has been reported, this dentist [Palmer] and his guides lured Cecil out of the park with food so as to shoot him on private property, because shooting him in the park would have been illegal, he needs to be extradited, charged, and, preferably, hanged."

View attachment 1053

Sad and if true, I agree completely

The Wicker Man

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
F PETA, they're a bunch of hypocrites. Although, I don't hunt, I have a lot of friends/family who are hunters. It's a passion that has been passed down to them from generation to generation. Having said that, I agree, this kill was nothing more than a rich asshole looking for a trophy. Worse of all, it was done illegally and cowardly.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Unless you're hunting with a knife, you're a coward.

The report was :
Cecil was shot with a crossbow
Tracked for 2 days
Killed with a gunshot
Beheaded,skinned and left carcass to rot
Oh and then the collared tag was found hidden in a tree
Sounds like a blast