Corey Davis

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
They released him He is free to sign anywhere. I don’t het the Jets. Why release him. They could have resigned him on a friendly deal and traded him if he wanted outta here

McJet

Jet Fanatics
So Jets release him, then if he signs somewhere else, Jets get no credit towards 2025 comp picks…

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So if they hadn't released him, could he have spent the summer on the Jets' dollar and then retired again?

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
So what's the actual deal here? I'm seeing reports they released him and he is going to seek a contract elsewhere, and I'm seeing reports that he is going to resign with the Jets and play with us this season.

Retired AFA

Jet Fanatics
If we did not release him and he signed elsewhere. We would have gotten a comp pick for him. Another great move by our GM.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
If we can get him back on a cheap deal, I think him and Lazard provide good #2/#3 WR options (both have drop issues and Davis always misses games) but this would allow us to draft a WR and not spend on a FA. If a rook beats them out, so be it, but we would be covered

MiJetFan

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I would pass on Davis. He's been away from the game for year. They never get it back after that it seems. Remember Bell? He sat for year. He was not the same player. Granted He had bug eyes for a coach but He was not the same player He was in Pittsburgh and He was actually good. Davis was not really productive for the Jets. He has his moments but nothing spectacular. Invite Him to training camp but definitely draft or sign another WR. Hell do both. I have no faith in Corey Davis. Give Him a shot, but don't depend on him for a big role.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I would pass on Davis. He's been away from the game for year. They never get it back after that it seems. Remember Bell? He sat for year. He was not the same player. Granted He had bug eyes for a coach but He was not the same player He was in Pittsburgh and He was actually good. Davis was not really productive for the Jets. He has his moments but nothing spectacular. Invite Him to training camp but definitely draft or sign another WR. Hell do both. I have no faith in Corey Davis. Give Him a shot, but don't depend on him for a big role.
He would definitely help in the run game though. That is something he should not have lost

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
My sentiment exactly. He did make some clutch plays for us but he was also inconsistent. Do we even know if he tried to stay in football shape while he was off ? On a very cheap prove it deal, not as the #2, I'm OK with him.

hatnlvr

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Seeing talk that he doesn't want to sign back with the Jets and prefers to stay closer to his home in Tennessee. Maybe he asked for the release to try to sign back with the Titans. Nice way to treat a team that looked out for you when you needed them.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I'm confused, when he was a Jet every one wanted him cut. Now after a year away from the game,he is desirable?

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'm confused, when he was a Jet every one wanted him cut. Now after a year away from the game,he is desirable?
Yeah his production is easily replaced. He was nothing special. We have Lazard and with Rodgers he will be the same player. Let him go where he wants. Why would anyone want a retired player??