Fant has allowed one sack in 502 pass-blocking snaps

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I'll check out Empy's when you get it up. I think it will measure up to the other two quite well. My shopping list right now is topped with Center and tight end.
main needs in the first round is IOL not center but guard
next main need is compliment to Moore and replacement for Jamison
then in the 2nd round can delve into helping the linebacker position
second 2nd round pick taking a tight end to give that go to guy for ZW
third round this is the selection for that center

after that is BPA that fits holes we have like S, LB, DT, OT, RB, TE (2) even look into a developmental DE EDGE

that's my perspective right now...

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
main needs in the first round is IOL not center but guard
next main need is compliment to Moore and replacement for Jamison
then in the 2nd round can delve into helping the linebacker position
second 2nd round pick taking a tight end to give that go to guy for ZW
third round this is the selection for that center

after that is BPA that fits holes we have like S, LB, DT, OT, RB, TE (2) even look into a developmental DE EDGE

that's my perspective right now...
has improved slightly
I accidentally omitted right guard. My mistake. I really don't care which they replace first center or guard as long as they do both. McGovern has improved slightly but not near enough. I want him and Van Roten both gone and replacing them with rookies fresh out off the draft is fine with me.

Retired AFA

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
My choices are a little different. My first #1 is an IOL (the kid from NC State) if available would be my first choice.. My 2nd #1 pick would be a WR. My 2nd Rd choices would come down to a FS, TE and 3rd RD being a DT or another WR.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
The real question is, is he a better LT in this system than Becton?

He may be. His athleticism is certainly superior to Becton's. Obviously, with his kick steps, he doesn't have anywhere near the stride Becton does to cut off the edge, but his athleticism has shown itself this year.

Long-term question, how long does he keep that athleticism? 30 is approaching, if I'm not mistaken.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
as of fit, he can play both sides.
he was brought in with an opportunity to play left but ended up playing right
Becton went down and he stepped in and proved he can play left but it is still Becton's job
wonder after the season will he ask to be traded to go to a team so he can play left
but he would be a starter at right for at least next season and after that what will be will be but he built his resume up with his successful campaign at left

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
as of fit, he can play both sides.
he was brought in with an opportunity to play left but ended up playing right
Becton went down and he stepped in and proved he can play left but it is still Becton's job
wonder after the season will he ask to be traded to go to a team so he can play left
but he would be a starter at right for at least next season and after that what will be will be but he built his resume up with his successful campaign at left

I did think the Jets may have overpaid a bit for him. But I liked the flexibility his signing brought. He was signed before the Becton draft. With his ability to start on either side and his scheme fit, the Jets could go with any one of the four big OTs, regardless of whether they played LT or RT. And if the Jets missed out on all four, they at least could use Fant at LT and get that position locked down while they traded for someone else.

It was a great signing in that regard. It gave the team tons of options, based on how the draft fell.