Football Over

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Usually a sad time of year but this may have been the worst Jets season yet so I am glad it is over as in this case it is "you gotta get out to get in".

It started with a rare expectation that there would be competitive games worth spending your time to watch. Good possibilities of post season games, potential upcoming all pro players, a hopeful draft and some even expected Becton to finally step up. Crowd screaming to open the season, energy and interest level the highest in quite sometime. Like, you know, actual fun to help get one through the cold winters of one's twilight.

yeah right, WTF was I thinking

Mets on TV one week from Saturday

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Usually a sad time of year but this may have been the worst Jets season yet so I am glad it is over as in this case it is "you gotta get out to get in".

It started with a rare expectation that there would be competitive games worth spending your time to watch. Good possibilities of post season games, potential upcoming all pro players, a hopeful draft and some even expected Becton to finally step up. Crowd screaming to open the season, energy and interest level the highest in quite sometime. Like, you know, actual fun to help get one through the cold winters of one's twilight.

yeah right, WTF was I thinking

Mets on TV one week from Saturday
I was such a rabid baseball (Yankee) fan. I no longer like how the game is played. Other than a few minutes here and there, I have not watched a baseball game in years. Other than a few stars, I could not even tell you the Yankee lineup.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
I was such a rabid baseball (Yankee) fan. I no longer like how the game is played. Other than a few minutes here and there, I have not watched a baseball game in years. Other than a few stars, I could not even tell you the Yankee lineup.
When the Dodgers left Brooklyn, I considered that my life's first heartbreak. For six decades I blamed Walter O'Malley until recently I now blame Robert Moses. He offered a postage stamp piece of land along the Belt Parkway when O'Malley wanted a spot on Atlantic Avenue. Marilyn Monroe? Nope. My world was Duke Snider. Duke SI.jpg

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
When the Dodgers left Brooklyn, I considered that my life's first heartbreak. For six decades I blamed Walter O'Malley until recently I now blame Robert Moses. He offered a postage stamp piece of land along the Belt Parkway when O'Malley wanted a spot on Atlantic Avenue. Marilyn Monroe? Nope. My world was Duke Snider. View attachment 6189
As little kids in the early 60s, baseball was the first sport we learned and loved. Played on sandlots (yes, sandlots) as soon as the weather cooperated. A time when there were enough kids to field a 9 on 9 game with extras on the sideline. I could field really well and always had a strong arm. Got me to play in games with much older kids.

As that little kid in the early sixties, two baseball greats were always brought up when you heard men talking baseball: DiMaggio and Snider. Sadly, I never got to see either play. And check out Snider's forearms in that SI cover. Wow.

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And check out Snider's forearms in that SI cover. Wow
Men were men
Without all the chemicals they put in there body now to create the “ new” and improved athlete

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
And the in between
Whatever they want to be called 😁
No offense

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics

Roger Repoz?

Ross Moschitto?

Frank Tepedino?

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
Just watching the KC Chiefs parade. My prayers were answered when the name of owner Clark Hunt was announced. Not as impacting as the announcer bellowing "Mike Hunt". But still rewarding and hilarious.

BTW, where is the Jets parade? I never see that. Must keep missing the TV coverage.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
DiMaggio and Snider. Sadly, I never got to see either play.
I saw, and enjoyed watching, both.
I remember the joke:
"You're walking down a dark alley and you have a gun with two bullets.
Coming toward you are Hitler, Mussolini and Walter O'Malley.
Who do you shoot?
The answer was, "You shoot O'Malley twice, just to be sure".
Later

Gramoah

Retired but not Tired
Jet Fanatics
I haven't watched a baseball game since the Dodgers moved to the west coast and I couldn't name a single player. Additionally I couldn't name more than 3 or 4 teams.

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Just watching the KC Chiefs parade. My prayers were answered when the name of owner Clark Hunt was announced. Not as impacting as the announcer bellowing "Mike Hunt". But still rewarding and hilarious.

BTW, where is the Jets parade? I never see that. Must keep missing the TV coverage.
Traded for Dick Hurtz.