Glad to be on board

Namath12

Pro Bowl Alternate
Jet Fanatics
Hi everyone. I've been a Jets fan since Joe was drafted. Namath hooked me on January 1st, 1965 while I was watching the Orange Bowl between Alabama and Texas. He came limping onto the field in his white shoes, started flinging the ball all over the field, and I was in awe. When the Jets drafted him, my allegiance was sealed, especially since the Giants had broken my young heart constantly during the Y.A. Tittle years.

Of course, the Super Bowl win was the highlight, but I also love the memory of organizing a trip to Connecticut with my friends to watch the game against Oakland. This was the only way to watch because the game was blacked out in NYC! Times have changed slightly, LOL. The duel against Johnny Unitas (with consecutive 80 yard bombs to Richard Caster) is also a great memory.

Obviously, there have been decades of frustration. The horrendous drafts, coaches (except for Parcells) offensive coordinators, etc. have been well documented. However, I am very optimistic about the new regime. We have two adult football men in charge now and the trend line should be moving upwards in the near future.

I look forward to being part of this community.

Namath12

Elias

The Invisible Man
Big Fish
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Welcome to this small but growing community! You will fit right in. Can't wait to read your posts. Go Jets!

If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me in any way!