Great indie/independent movies

U

ucrenegade

So I recently watched slumdog millionaire and it showed a really good movie did not have to have americas top actors/actress's in it we are accustomed to with that being said who can give me some other independent or indie films that are good?

Life of PI was really good also.

jetgreen13

founding JFU member..
Jet Fanatics
i'll go with john carpenter's (1978) the original/classic "halloween.."

the movie was made in only 20 days on a budget reported somewhere between 300-350 thousand..

"halloween" is also reported to have grossed over 250 million worldwide, making it one of the highest grossing independent films of all time..

only after the wild success of "halloween" did the big hollywood studios get the memo & then we got the "jason's, freddie's & chucky's" of the world..

LOLz how good a thing that part was is debatable..

Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
I'll add a German movie, Run Lola Run. Great soundtrack and a very engaging way to tell a story.

Bollywood movies are also very entertaining. Even though they are not in English, you can follow the story. Think action movies where they stop to sing and dance (and man, can they dance). Colorful and delightful. If anyone is interested, I recommend "Boss" starring Akshay Kumar.

U

ucrenegade

I'll add a German movie, Run Lola Run. Great soundtrack and a very engaging way to tell a story.

Bollywood movies are also very entertaining. Even though they are not in English, you can follow the story. Think action movies where they stop to sing and dance (and man, can they dance). Colorful and delightful. If anyone is interested, I recommend "Boss" starring Akshay Kumar.

I think i had to watch run lola run for my film class but that was long ago.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Ed Wood

Buffalo 66

Those movies crack me up and both were low budget indies.

Ed Wood is better, but Buffalo 66 is pretty funny for a hardcore football fan, especially if you bet on games.

The premise of Buffalo 66 is basically that he lost a bundle when Scott Norwood missed that FG in the Super Bowl verses the Giants, and through a series of events that led to him landing in prison on like a five year sentence, where he swore to kill Scott Wood (the name they use in the movie) when he gets out. LOL

Last edited: