Hams (eclectic) Oldies but Goodies Jukebox

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Always wanted to have my own Jukebox :smiley-cool11:

I'll try to post one oldie each day and give you youngins an education, or you old-timers some cool flashbacks :)

But one thing you have to know about me, I'm not wedded to any particular genre, I have a very eclectic taste in music; Rock & Roll, Pop, Soul, R&B, Funk, Motown, New Wave, Prog Rock, Doo Wops and even some Country, about the only forms of popular music I have little use for are Rap and Punk Rock, so you won't get much of that here, but you'll get a lot of GREAT OLDIES from just about every other genre and at some point you'll thank me for this if you take the time to listen.

So lets get started with this New Wave classic from 1982:

LET ME GO - Heaven 17

U

ucrenegade

Always wanted to have my own Jukebox :smiley-cool11:

I'll try to post one oldie each day and give you youngins an education, or you old-timers some cool flashbacks :)

But one thing you have to know about me, I'm not wedded to any particular genre, I have a very eclectic taste in music; Rock & Roll, Pop, Soul, R&B, Funk, Motown, New Wave, Prog Rock, Doo Wops and even some Country, about the only forms of popular music I have little use for are Rap and Punk Rock, so you won't get much of that here, but you'll get a lot of GREAT OLDIES from just about every other genre and at some point you'll thank me for this if you take the time to listen.

So lets get started with this New Wave classic from 1982:

LET ME GO - Heaven 17

sorry ham not my cup of tea

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
sorry ham not my cup of tea
Perfectly understandable, UC, when your taste is as eclectic as mine, its inevitable that not every genre I post will be up your alley, but I'm confident that when I hit on the genres you happen to like, you'll like the songs that I post.

like this one though
Exhibit A :)

awesome a must have
Exhibit B :)

Thanks for checking them out and thanks for the feedback, uc

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
BE MY BABY (1963) - The Ronettes (featuring Phil Spector's Wall of Sound)

Probably the most heralded of the Phil Spector "Wall of Sound" records that literally changed the game of how music was made. No less an authority than Brian Wilson admitted the Wall of Sound influenced everything he did with the Beach Boys, and the same was true for the Beatles. In fact you can hear variations of Spector's Wall of Sound it just about every form of popular music that came after him. I'm not praising him as a human-being, don't misunderstand me, but as a music producer he was a genius and arguably the most influential figure in music in the 20th Century.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
No less an authority than Brian Wilson admitted the Wall of Sound influenced everything he did with the Beach Boys, and the same was true for the Beatles.
In fact Spector co-produced with John Lennon (Imagine et al.) and George Harrison after the Beatles split up.

This Harrison classic is another Phil Spector (Wall of Sound) arrangement:

MY SWEET LORD - George Harrison (1970)

U

ucrenegade

CRYSTAL BLUE PERSUASION - Tommy James and the Shondells (1969)

Love tommy james haven't found one song I don't like by them yet.

funny thing is alot of people think this song is about drugs but in his own book he says it is not. This song came about because he woke up one morning and realized if he didn't change the way he was living he was going to die.

It's more about giving up that lifestyle than the actual lifestyle itself.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
This one goes out to the Vietnam Veterans amongst us who THANK GOD made it home, and we could never thank you enough for your service. I never cared much for comic book superheroes, you guys are my heroes.

REFLECTIONS OF MY LIFE - The Marmalade (1969)

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Love tommy james haven't found one song I don't like by them yet.

funny thing is alot of people think this song is about drugs but in his own book he says it is not. This song came about because he woke up one morning and realized if he didn't change the way he was living he was going to die.

It's more about giving up that lifestyle than the actual lifestyle itself.
Thats interesting, UC, I didn't know that and I'm glad you shared it.

Thank You