Happy Birthday to #80

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Will to be the best, he played hard as hell and he was a joy to watch. He definitely played like a Jet!

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Remembering he crossed the street from Hofstra as a walk-on to the practice field. Not long after, Kotite said, "Look for an apartment, you made the team".

jetkwondo

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
I remember a call coming in to WFAN on the day he signed with the Jets. The reason I remember it so well is the caller started the call by saying something like this " Hey, did you hear that the Jets just signed the answer to their WR problem?" . Then Steve Sommers said "No, please tell!". Excitedly the caller starts saying "Yeah, he's tied with Jerry Rice for catching the most TD's in a game!". I'm suddenly taking notice as were the radio guys as he continued to say " He's Hofstra's first 1000 yard reciever..." before ending with a very proud " He's my son Wayne Chrebet!".

Steve "the Smooze" Sommers graciously, but sort of unexcitedly said something like "wow, congratulations to you and your son" "I hope he does well" .

Funny, as it stuck in my brain because I remember getting really ramped up when he mentioned Jerry Rice and then kind of deflated when he mentioned playing at Hofstra. Little did I know, or all the listeners know! One of the greatest Jets ever, Happy Birthday Wayne!

Last edited: