2nd year slump will drive Jets fans really off the cliff

but never said he was a bust said he had talent but said he was reckless

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Proof of two things.

1. Some other rookie QBs are not being asked to do as much as ZW because of the team around them (Mac Jones), and
2. Other rookie QBs also need to develop. It's not just a Jets thing.

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
I mean cmon - how many times does it have to be said - and I'm your Huckleberry - expectations need to be restrained for a kid who played at BYU. #2 doesn't mean he's NFL game ready and about to rule. He has gobs of talent we haven't seen around here maybe since Namath. Trick is getting results from the talent. People need to cool their jets thinking this kid is behind or failing....he's a rookie who could've easily sat this year. He's probably had to endure conditions not ideal to a neophyte QB at any level with a staff in diapers and the supposed QB guru dead in an unfortunate preseason accident. It's a bit late but at least Flacco is there now and i fully expect to see continued development. Doesn't mean he won't make mistakes.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
year one is not over he better improve
2nd year slump will drive Jets fans really off the cliff

but never said he was a bust said he had talent but said he was reckless
I agree you never did, but there were others who have said as much.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I agree you never did, but there were others who have said as much.
I understand but I posted the tweet and that was the first response.
so it was like you were directing it at me.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Problem is that Davis is done and Moore is day to day so unless Mims, Crowder et al step up, it'll be a bit tough.
opportunity only way for a player that doesn't understand or comprehend how to run routes, doing them in a game situation might benefit his understanding with game tape to review and learn from...

same time show that Moore is not the only building block on the roster other than Davis for next year... it will go along way to help figure out how to improve the roster if one position is solidified...

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
opportunity only way for a player that doesn't understand or comprehend how to run routes, doing them in a game situation might benefit his understanding with game tape to review and learn from...

same time show that Moore is not the only building block on the roster other than Davis for next year... it will go along way to help figure out how to improve the roster if one position is solidified...
I really want to see the kid break out, or at least progress. He and Yeboah producing in these next 5 weeks would go a long way to making JD's job a bit easier.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I really want to see the kid break out, or at least progress. He and Yeboah producing in these next 5 weeks would go a long way to making JD's job a bit easier.
would like to see Yeboah get more offensive snaps
would like to see him get at least 3 pass attempts his way

would like to see Mims get roughly 8 targets and hopefully he can catch 50% of them, yards after the catch
would like to see Berrios more involved possibly see 6 to 8 targets and 3 to 4 rush attempts
would like to see Crowder used on 3rd down
hope to see Perine, but unlikely then would like to see Austin Walter get the brunt of the carries

would also like to see Bawden as another receiver out of the backfield....

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
also if the team by chance is 3 touchdowns ahead then bringing whomever is the backup for the game to finish the game...
don't want to over extend the rookie let him be competitive for the first 3 quarters and then pull him

we want to win but we need at this point to be smart and protect him...

if we are losing then he stays in and competes, learns how to play when your behind...

no need to risk an injury this time of the year, because then he is out during the critical months of the off season...