Fudbutter

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Probably a silly idea but ...

Two QB's that really need to move on from where they are

Would an even trade be equitable ?

Would either team do it?

Would you be for or against?

The plan would be to have a stop gap QB until the OL and skill positions can be built up. THEN install the young QB. It will take a few years to get there but at least he'll have someone to throw to and time to do it

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
Wentz contract is too high. Just signed a whopper contract a year ago. He is going to be hard for Philly to move. If you want a stopgap guy I would go with Stafford or Jimmy G over Wentz

beresford

Franchise Tagged
Jet Fanatics
Hey, Cam could be available and cheap too. He beat the Jets twice (which doesn't say much). If he can be persuaded to let his RBs take the big hits for him and we upgrade the centre of the O line, he could be good for a couple of years while we sift through draft picks finding the new Russell Wilson.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Hey, Cam could be available and cheap too. He beat the Jets twice (which doesn't say much). If he can be persuaded to let his RBs take the big hits for him and we upgrade the centre of the O line, he could be good for a couple of years while we sift through draft picks finding the new Russell Wilson.
no thanks

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
he was awful this year.actually cost belichick some games. if belichick couldnt make him great, I doubt we can

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
Wentz signed a $128MM contract! It begins next season as he is still on his rookie contract. When Foles won the SB, I would have traded Wentz. He is guaranteed $59mm. Even the Jets wouldn't do that. (I hope not)giphy no 2.gif

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Wentz signed a $128MM contract! It begins next season as he is still on his rookie contract. When Foles won the SB, I would have traded Wentz. He is guaranteed $59mm. Even the Jets wouldn't do that. (I hope not)View attachment 2079
Wentz,a contract is incentive laden and has multiple clauses allowing the team to opt out with little loss. Lots of " potential Bonus money" Here's a breakdown of the structure:
  • $66.47M guaranteed at signing (signing bonus + 2019 salary + 2020 salary/option bonus + 2020 roster bonus + 2021 roster bonus)
  • 2020 Option must be exercised by 3/27/2020, or 2020 salary jumps to $31.383M and remaining years void
  • 2020 Roster Bonus: $8M (guaranteed, paid 3/20/2020)
  • 2021 Roster Bonus: $10M (guaranteed, paid the 3rd league day of 2021)
  • 2022 Roster Bonus: $1,000
  • 2023 Roster Bonus: $5M
  • 2024 Roster Bonus: $5M
  • 2021 base salary is $3.9M, with an $11.5M not likely to be earned escalator built in
  • 2021 salary fully guarantees 3/20/2020
  • $15M of 2022 salary fully guarantees on the 3rd league day of 2021
  • 2022 salary & roster bonus fully guarantee on the 3rd league day of 2022
  • Additional incentives: $16M
  • One-Time Bonuses
    NFL MVP: $5M
    Offensive Player of the Year: $5M
    3 Pro Bowls or 2 + a Playoff Birth: $6M
    Super Bowl Win + 70% Snaps: $5M

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
if Wentz is traded Frank Reich is going to get him in Indianapolis, since he is the one that had him playing at a high level then Reich left and Wents went off a cliff and Hurts took over eventually.