It ain’t good

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So let's change over everything again. Then we can call for them to be fired if they don't win immediately

I can see your point but I also see the other side .
When you see teams every year go from last to first ( Texans this year ) with a change in a years time .
you start to wonder why not the Jets .

It’s all about the QB play anyway
This drives bad teams to good
Maybe if AR stays healthy it’ll be our turn
Who knows

ProfessorJet

Hosed
Jet Fanatics
I would say 5 years should be enough to win 8 games. JD will get another season and frankly he doesn't really deserve that, but he will get another one. I think fans have been pretty patient with JD.
JD should go light a candle that he found a boss like Woody who accepts his track record, 27-56 after five seasons, and gives him a sixth year. Wonder who his replacement will be after this upcoming season augers in?

Bigmoe

Happily Confused
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
6 years should be enough time to put together an average o line
And wasn’t JD anointed the o- line guru when he came here ? He was said to be the guy to be the end all o line sorrows .
Combine his and coach Saleh records and is abysmal,
I think it’s a far reach to call it a knee jerk reaction if it doesn’t improve .
Like immediately

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I would say 5 years should be enough to win 8 games. JD will get another season and frankly he doesn't really deserve that, but he will get another one. I think fans have been pretty patient with JD.
I get the argument. And it has been a while with this regime.

In their defense, the build didn't start until after a couple years. The first year to two were the teardown phase. Mistakes were indeed made.

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
6 years should be enough time to put together an average o line but after 5 we have the worst o line in the league. This is JDs last chance to get it right.
It has always been my contention that it took the AFL five years to reach parity with the NFL because the linemen drafted into the AFL played immediately and those drafted by the NFL sat on the bench.
And during those five years they developed solid units. And , as we have been preaching, if you don't have a cohesive O line, you can't do diddly on offense and you can't keep your defense off the field.
Not putting attention toward the O line is the worst thing a GM can do.
Later

LRJets

First Round Tender
Jet Fanatics
While agreeing with the above, within the AFL the cause for high scores in its early days were the offenses were leaps and bounds ahead of the defense especially in the secondary.
In baseball it seems to be the opposite. Happens in the spring. Until the hitters get the pitchers' "number", there is an unequal equation. Then again, baseball? Who cares?
Not that.jpg

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
It has always been my contention that it took the AFL five years to reach parity with the NFL because the linemen drafted into the AFL played immediately and those drafted by the NFL sat on the bench.
And during those five years they developed solid units. And , as we have been preaching, if you don't have a cohesive O line, you can't do diddly on offense and you can't keep your defense off the field.
Not putting attention toward the O line is the worst thing a GM can do.
Later
The sad thing is, Douglas has spent numerous prime picks and 10s of millions of dollars in Free Agency on the O line and has nothing to show for it.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I get the argument. And it has been a while with this regime.

In their defense, the build didn't start until after a couple years. The first year to two were the teardown phase. Mistakes were indeed made.
He brought in free agents year 1, year 2 drafted 2 o lineman,a WR, RB, and a QB. This will be JDs 5th draft and 6th off season. The build started 5 years ago. Poor FA signings ,and worse draft selections doesn't discount the years spent building the offense. Granted there have been 3 OCs in that time, but the scheme has been consistent and the blocking has been primarily outside zone all 5 years.
Other teams wouldn't be waiting 6 years for results. Coaches and GMs with considerably more success at routinely fired.
It's a success driven job. So far the current regime has failed. Rodgers injury buys them one more shot. If I were the owner, I'd have fired JD, Saleh , and Hackett immediately following the season opener. Not ensuring protection for Rodgers, after the off season hype was unacceptable. His injury was never in doubt. Most expected it in week 1, just maybe 2nd or 3rd Qtr.
I'm not a fire everyone kind of guy but if they don't build a legit o line this season and win a playoff game or 2. They should be sent packing with the money they stole from Woody.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
What could go wrong, OC draws up the play book. Run game OC calls the running plays, passing game coordinator calls the pass plays. The defensive guru can override them all and the QB will run something completely different leaving all 4 scratching their heads.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I can see your point but I also see the other side .
When you see teams every year go from last to first ( Texans this year ) with a change in a years time .
you start to wonder why not the Jets .

It’s all about the QB play anyway
This drives bad teams to good
Maybe if AR stays healthy it’ll be our turn
Who knows
Just keep him out of the dark room

https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?q=genesis+keep+it+dark&mid=DF2D49E870C205E12387DF2D49E870C205E12387&FORM=VIRE0&ru=/search?pglt=41&q=genesis+keep+it+dark&cvid=9d4c748f41a24fa2b6520d96d6e282cf&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQABhAMgYIAhAAGEAyBggDEAAYQDIGCAQQABhAMgYIBRAAGEAyBggGEAAYQNIBCDUwOTZqMGoxqAIAsAIA&FORM=ANSPA1&PC=U531