Jack Conklin agreed to a 3-year deal with the Browns

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Reasonable deal. 3 years, $42 million? That is certainly not a massive deal.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
So the FO values Fant higher Conklin? Unreal.....
Conklin is a strict Right Tackle, they paid Fant with the hope he can play left tackle and left tackles do make tons more than right side... Plus Fant's contract gives a team friendly out after one year he can not prove that he can be the blind side tackle...

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Conklin is a strict Right Tackle, they paid Fant with the hope he can play left tackle and left tackles do make tons more than right side... Plus Fant's contract gives a team friendly out after one year he can not prove that he can be the blind side tackle...

That right there is the kicker.

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
My point is a pro bowl RT, is more valuable than a project with next to no experience,who failed miserably when given the chance. Especially when the project is 28 years old.
Your not comparing Apples to Apples.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
My point is a pro bowl RT, is more valuable than a project with next to no experience,who failed miserably when given the chance. Especially when the project is 28 years old.
Your not comparing Apples to Apples.

what I am saying they are not comparing careers of the two they are comparing positions and value of each... so yes comparing apples to oranges via the position price tag...

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
what I am saying they are not comparing careers of the two they are comparing positions and value of each... so yes comparing apples to oranges via the position price tag...
For the record, the two highest paid tackles in the league are Right tackles. Lane Johnson $18 mill Trent Brown $16.5
I think Costonzo may have caught Brown with his new deal though. There really isn't a big difference in how the league values the 2. Especially when your comparing the 15th ranked o lineman vs the 79th ranked tackle.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
For the record, the two highest paid tackles in the league are Right tackles. Lane Johnson $18 mill Trent Brown $16.5
I think Costonzo may have caught Brown with his new deal though. There really isn't a big difference in how the league values the 2. Especially when your comparing the 15th ranked o lineman vs the 79th ranked tackle.
for the record, it is how Joe Douglas and Adam Gase sees the position and how much should be garnered to it... if they choose not to overpay a player because they feel it is not worth it than that is their decision not mine...

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I personally think they overpaid Fant. That was my point.
You said LTs make tons more than RTs. They dont.