Jets and Braxton Berrios start extension talks

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
rumor from inside Florham Park is after the Buccaneers game Braxton Berrios and his agent have started extension talks with the Jets Douglas...

happy Jets fans?

CaptMyng

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Yessssss!

If JFM earned a midseason contract, why not Braxton Berrios, who's been 10x more impactful?!?

Corey Davis.
Elijah Moore.
Jameson Williams (Alabama).
Braxton Berrios.

Denzel Mims is still young but imo that's an awesome top 4 WRs.
Did Mims even play yesterday?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Whoa, as desperate as they were for wideouts and he didn't play a down? I guess we know what the coaching staff thinks of this player.
Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked what happened with Mims after the heartbreaking loss. He said simply, "I don't have that answer right now."

We don't know the entire story. Perhaps something happened leading up to Sunday's game where New York elected to bench the receiver for a reason other than his struggles this year. It's possible that Saleh will provide more clarity on the situation later this week.

The fact that Mims sat on the bench while Jeff Smith and D.J. Montgomery (who was elevated from the practice squad on Saturday) played ahead of him, however, speaks volumes and tells you everything you need to know about the wideout's future within the organization.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
What a shame. Mims may have allowed us to focus our attention in early rounds on a position other than WR, but JD's hand is now forced. Same but to a lesser degree is Cameron Clark. Thought he might be a long term solution at RG, but he's looking like a washout as well.

skop

The Green Knight
Jet Fanatics
What a shame. Mims may have allowed us to focus our attention in early rounds on a position other than WR, but JD's hand is now forced. Same but to a lesser degree is Cameron Clark. Thought he might be a long term solution at RG, but he's looking like a washout as well.

True on Clark...but i always think you are dealing with a crap shoot, at any position, after the 3rd "if" the only reason they dropped was not because of injury.

Mims is one of those head scratchers; just the measurables on him make me think that he can have certain packages that would get him playing time, right? I mean there is no way Hill replaces Drew Brees in NO, but they were able to get him on the field nonetheless.

furthermore, it leads me to believe there is a personality conflict between #11 and the OC, or the other way; Jeff Smith muffed a play that Zach had to dirt the ball, and then he missed a pass in his hands on the very next snap. Had Mims muffed the first play because he didn't know his assignment, then #11 is benched to never see the dropped pass play.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Mims is one of those head scratchers
he was a one trick pony in college
go route that they had him play one third two third or endzone breaks
he has leaping ability
he has football awareness but not really average IQ
he runs hard, physical
his route stem is one route

so LaFleur wanted all players to learn more than one route, they wanted to use Mims in the slot because their game plan has use for slot guys on the outside they wanted versatility to create matchups....

in the off season Mims got food poisoning which interrupted his football shape, before really getting snaps to learn new routes... he did study film but it doesn't help actually doing it...

by the time he got on the field we were already in the preseason think it was week 3...

by the time the season start he was so far behind the 8 ball that LaFleur wanted him to earn it on the practice field first...
he was coming along here and there but then got the flu...
then he caught covid...

I don't blame him and neither do the coaches because if that was the case he would of been traded or cut by now...

give him this off season to earn his role, if he makes it through off season and makes the final cut to the active roster it will be over this discussion of him being on the outs...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Mims was more than just a one trick pony @ Baylor. He actually led the entire NCAA in catches made in traffic.

But I'm done with the Denzel Mims excuses.

Corey Davis.
Elijah Moore.
2022 Rookie WR.
Braxton Berrios.
Denzel Mims.

If he even makes the team next year, he'll be a 5th WR (@ best).
so no OW Jeff Smith
no Jamison Crowder
no Keelan Cole
?
no free agent signing?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
you stated the Jets 2022 5 Wide Receivers making Mims the 5th guy on the position list but I asked
no OW Jeff Smith that LaFleur clearly likes
no DJ Montgomery that LaFleur put on the field the last two weeks
no Keelan Cole who has come on as of late building chemistry with Zach
no Jamison Crowder who is technically our leading receiver in catches
no Free agent signing to help build stability at the position
Denzel Mims can not be given the 5th spot on the roster he has to earn it, so as of now the Jets have 3 players under contract, one in contract talks and two guys that are ERFAs

Possibility of drafting one maybe two guys is open for debate, fans believe it is a need after the failed Corey Davis experiment which we are stuck with next year... So asking the others they don't make your list?