Jets current 4-7 record and rest of their season games

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
This 4-7 record and current three game winning streak is so frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Jets are winning but where was this in the first half of the season? The Jets are always a day late and a dollar short I always say. It's always something with them. With there current 4-7 record, there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be 6-5 or 7-4 right now. Lets go through their past schedule. The Bills game they shouldn't have lost but if you want to use the Darnold excuse that he was feeling the effects of Mono and he and we all just didn't know it then I'll give you that. So we can chalk that up as a understandable lost as far as Darnold is concerned but the defense gave up 17 points in the second half. What was their excuse? Now what about the Jaguars and Dolphins lost? There was absolutely no excuses for why they lost those two games. Darnold was healthy so what happened? Now their other losses, it was what it was. They either played teams that were better then them at that time or better then them period.

Now we have the rest of the season which I guess we all just have to look at as a building block for next year. Problem with that is if they would have just taken care of business against the Dolphins and Jaguars (at least), then they would be wild-card contenders right now. So there remaining games are the Bengals, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens and Bills in the order, I believe. Bengals and Dolphins they should beat them but WILL THEY? Steelers they have a VERY GOOD CHANCE of winning but will most likely lose that game. Ravens they don't have a chance in HELL of winning, and then there is the Bills at home which the Bills will be fighting for their own wild-card spot and will not allow the Jets to beat them and ruin it. So it looks like they are a 5-11/6-10 winning team at most this year. If they would have won their other 2-3 games that they shouldn't have lost then were talking about an 8-8/9-7 record. Plus, winning those other games might have given them the confidence to have beaten the Steelers and/or the Bills that last game of the season. OH WELL!!!

JPPT1974

Day 2 Prospect
Jet Fanatics
Yeah as was a bit wrong about Gase being a coach to begin with. Still not sold on him. But they have won back to back!

jets82

Curious George
Jet Fanatics
Yeah as was a bit wrong about Gase being a coach to begin with. Still not sold on him. But they have won back to back!
I don't know what to think about Gase and Williams at this point and I'm not sold on either of them. I was at the beginning of the year but not anymore. That Dolphins and Jaguars lose was absolutely inexcusable. There is no getting around that. Change those two losses and our season is entirely different. Were looking at 9-7 and a possible wild-card spot with those two wins.

cheaterhater

I've Lost My Fucking Mind
Superior Ass
Jets Global
So, after reading your post On pretty sure we will beat the Ravens to assure Home field for the cheetahs just cause the poor cheetahs need a brake. Then we will lose out

The Jets will end this season in a way that gives us hope. How many games next season will it take before we lose that hope? That is the big question

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
This 4-7 record and current three game winning streak is so frustrating. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the Jets are winning but where was this in the first half of the season? The Jets are always a day late and a dollar short I always say. It's always something with them. With there current 4-7 record, there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be 6-5 or 7-4 right now. Lets go through their past schedule. The Bills game they shouldn't have lost but if you want to use the Darnold excuse that he was feeling the effects of Mono and he and we all just didn't know it then I'll give you that. So we can chalk that up as a understandable lost as far as Darnold is concerned but the defense gave up 17 points in the second half. What was their excuse? Now what about the Jaguars and Dolphins lost? There was absolutely no excuses for why they lost those two games. Darnold was healthy so what happened? Now their other losses, it was what it was. They either played teams that were better then them at that time or better then them period.

Now we have the rest of the season which I guess we all just have to look at as a building block for next year. Problem with that is if they would have just taken care of business against the Dolphins and Jaguars (at least), then they would be wild-card contenders right now. So there remaining games are the Bengals, Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens and Bills in the order, I believe. Bengals and Dolphins they should beat them but WILL THEY? Steelers they have a VERY GOOD CHANCE of winning but will most likely lose that game. Ravens they don't have a chance in HELL of winning, and then there is the Bills at home which the Bills will be fighting for their own wild-card spot and will not allow the Jets to beat them and ruin it. So it looks like they are a 5-11/6-10 winning team at most this year. If they would have won their other 2-3 games that they shouldn't have lost then were talking about an 8-8/9-7 record. Plus, winning those other games might have given them the confidence to have beaten the Steelers and/or the Bills that last game of the season. OH WELL!!!

I predicted 8-8 and still think that is possible. As shitty as this season's been, Darnold is getting better and the defense might have found some decent players. They are still mathematically alive. Injuries and disease derailed this season. Nothing that anyone can do about that. As far as the Jags and Dolphins, I still think Darnold might have been feeling the effects of mono or maybe he just sucked. Its part of the learning process. Just sit back and enjoy the rest of the season with no stress. If they get to 8-8, I count that as a win and move on to next year. The most important positive is they didn't quit and that goes a long way towards next year.

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I predict 7-9..... which is a vast improvement over last year. For the record I’ll say
Cincy- loss We fall asleep in second half and lose
Miami- Blowout win for us. Big revenge game
Ravens- loss but closer than we think.
Steelers- Comfortable win for us
Bills- we win a close one and ruin the Bills playoff chances

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
The Ravens and Bills are much better teams than the Jets, Cincy is the worst team in the league. The Steelers are bad, absolutely no offense. Third string QB, no RB, one WR. The Dolphins are trying to lose and will still be a tough game. Jets should win vs Bengals, Steelers,and Dolphins. A loss to any of them should end Gase's tenure. The Ravens will be a good test. Especially for the D. The Bills already have 9 wins, were not spoiling anything for them in week 17.