Jets expect Mekhi Becton to be ready for offseason

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I agree lets wait & see as we can't do anything about him now...plus if he adds too much he will be picked up by the WWF so we will get to see him one way or another. Ernie Ladd became a great wrestler after football.

He could just as easy be all-pro next year. time will tell.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
how do you figure?
team's nutritionist worked with the team as a whole
he hired his own personal nutritionist to get more one on one help
where is the third?

I heard he hired one in 2018. Then one before the Combine. If thats true then this guy will never stay at the weight he needs to.

TebowCan'tThrow

Supersize!
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Hired what a nutritionist or a chef

I think his dad is also a caterer. And he is huge too. There is definitely an eating problem in that family. I hope he can overcome it, but I highly doubt it. Fat people hanging out with other fat people is the same as alcoholics hanging out together. Make sure to extend Fant so there is a backup plan.

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
I think his dad is also a caterer. And he is huge too. There is definitely an eating problem in that family. I hope he can overcome it, but I highly doubt it. Fat people hanging out with other fat people is the same as alcoholics hanging out together. Make sure to extend Fant so there is a backup plan.
I agree & I will drink to that

Greentilldeath

Repeat Offender Pro Bowler
Jet Fanatics
I’m almost to a point of saying just move chunky to RG and pair him with Moses. Even at 365, he should be able to play there ……

Greentilldeath

Jet Fanatics
I wonder….. if we don’t take a lineman at 4……. And resign Moses….. if that’s not the plan. If you wanna play your best 5 OL, and 3 of them are tackles…… you either move one to the open spot, or 1 sits….. and that makes no sense . I guess the resigning ( or not) of Moses will tell a lot as to the direction of the OL draft wise ……

Tinstar

Mr. Know it All
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I wonder….. if we don’t take a lineman at 4……. And resign Moses….. if that’s not the plan. If you wanna play your best 5 OL, and 3 of them are tackles…… you either move one to the open spot, or 1 sits….. and that makes no sense . I guess the resigning ( or not) of Moses will tell a lot as to the direction of the OL draft wise ……
You really think that free agent Moses is one of our best 5 linemen ?
If there’s any truth to that belief then Zach Wilson is in big trouble.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Damn, I'm getting hungry just looking at her. If Becton is having that same reaction, I'm not sure she's the answer to his supposed eating issues.

Greentilldeath

Jet Fanatics
You really think that free agent Moses is one of our best 5 linemen ?
If there’s any truth to that belief then Zach Wilson is in big trouble.
Our linemen??? Maybe LDT was better, but Edoga, #69, Van Rotten, Feeney and whoever else they trotted out there certainly weren’t

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Wow I know we want to get younger but 4? The Cardinals took traded for Hudson this year as the center they needed but when the ship started to leak he was of no help. But I always felt you needed a top center on an OL yes they all should be good. This is the one position through the years the Jets were best at.... think of the Centers we have had. Not in the past ten years. A great center can help them all be better.,

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
Tackles should be set with Becton and Fant, LG is set. McGovern was much better this year in the new blocking scheme than last season, can draft his replacement this year or next. Right Guard must be addressed, Tardif likely has to return to Canada to begin his residency before his opportunity expires

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
Tackles should be set with Becton and Fant, LG is set. McGovern was much better this year in the new blocking scheme than last season, can draft his replacement this year or next. Right Guard must be addressed, Tardif likely has to return to Canada to begin his residency before his opportunity expires
Right guard I agree as this team stunk this year buy it by the case. In fact get two cases the Cardinals need one too.

I agree with our tackles we need to give them time. They could both be very good in the near future. I still say the center is the position I value on an ol.

Last edited: