Jets fans divided?

R

Rockawayjetsfan

I like most of you look forward every season to this day NEW YORK JETS are back!! I have watched since Shea Stadium days. But this year to see they too are not taking the field during the national anthem! The very words in this and it’s meaning is what gave these players and all involved with the NFL the opportunity and privilege to participate. The contract endorsement and all that comes with being a player is first being a American!!! This so close to 9/11 i am native NEW YORKER. They Spit in the face of Lady Liberty. And Fireman Ed?? They show no respect to the brave men and women who have given there lives so they can play football. My blood runs green but cannot support the disrespect the JETS have for this nation!!

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
The national anthem and it's words and meanings in no way gave the players or any minority any opportunities or privileges. It's a celebration of a battle that kept people enslaved and celebrated the deaths of slaves who fought for their freedom in that battle.

R

Rockawayjetsfan

I wish to thank you for the reply.i want to first and foremost I made no mention of minority. I was speaking as a whole. In that particular battle WE ALL were fighting for freedom. We all bled same color. We as a nation under fire stood together to afford us our freedom today. And we continue to till this day. I make no light of injustice at all. I agree that we have right to protest and be heard. But our flag our anthem should not be a means of spreading the message. There must be another way. This is supposed to bring us together but this silent protest is dividing us more. Wish you all the best

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
The Anthem is a direct message of hate towards blacks and slaves. It celebrates slavery and the death of slaves who died fighting for their freedom. The home of the free did not include slaves, only the free white oppressors.
The battle and poem written immediately after, were not for all people or the freedom of all Americans.
Remember those brave men and women sacrificed so that the players could protest. Kneeling is considered by the military as a respectful way to protest.
The hate and disgust is biased by color. How dare a black man become wealthy. And then have the nerve to stand up for justice.....
Look around, the flag is disrespected everywhere and no one notices. It is used in advertising, on clothing. Hell at one ant kneeling protest it was being used as blankets. As a Disabled American Vet,
I see the irony clearly....

R

Rockawayjetsfan

Tony
Again you bring up color I have not. I fortunately have been brought up color blind. It made no difference to me the wealth of a man. It was who that man is behind the wallet. I am a true NEW YORKER! Accept all until they prove otherwise. I sincerely wish you well and if you are NFL player many healthy and prosperous years. I will not fall into or fuel a discussion on race. It was about our nation flag . You have made your position clear and mine is as well. Take care of yourself

TonyFtLaud

I requested to be BANNED
Jet Fanatics
I was just trying to explain why certain people view the Anthem a certain way. Your mind is obviously closed. I have no bad feelings here and wish you only the best.

R

Rockawayjetsfan

No bad feelings here as well. We agree to disagree. Parting as friends. Stay safe

NewMFS62

Weeb's Mentor
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
As a Disabled American Vet, I see the irony clearly....
Tony, as a vet too (Army '65-'67), I agree. We took an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States, not any political party or person. And that document guarantees the right of free speech and the right to (peacefully) protest. Those who kneel are not against the flag or the country. They are expressing their opposition to discrimination and police brutality. Whether or not anyone agrees with them, it is their right, as long as they are not harming anyone else. Anyone who considers this to be against the flag or country doesn't understand the issue.
That said, I've seen other sports boards torn apart and die when fractured by political discussions. I wouldn't want that to happen here.
Later