Maybe Zach sucks because……

Seaver41

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
a.) how do you know that was the primary target? if not, then that "check down" is not available by the time he gets back to it.

a few different people here saw that play a lot slower, from a MIA rush perspective, in development than i did. i thought MIA flooded the pocket extremely quickly; so much so, that he didn't have time to get into throwing motion and get it thrown away. Which eventually resulted in the strip sack.

FTR, i haven't seen the play since seeing it live, and i might have a totally different take upon a replay at regular speed.
I've seen a few different angles- one was zoomed in a bit and you could see his eyes - primary appeared to be downfield but you could then see him move his eyes to checkdowns before running out of time. I'd have to say the 5 yard slant would've been trashed if the deeper route was primary and worked back from there - Jets hadn't dialed up much at all deep so I took that as a calculated playcall that wasn't there due to coverage and the OL can't hold their water for +3 seconds

butterscotch

Jester Jet
Jets Global
From what I read he played well for a half and then back to high throws on the easy short ones. I don't think anyone can say he has played well until he has a turnover free 4 quarters with minimal mistakes.
4 quarters is all we may get for him in two years time