Mehta: Jets fined $100K for Revis tampering, no picks

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
According to our good friend at the NYDN, the Jets have been fined $100,000 for the Revis tampering, but with no draft pick compensation. Pats get no penalty (wow, I'm used to saying that).

hobson54

Transition Tagged
Jet Fanatics
meh...if it doesn't include draft picks, i really don'tr care if goodell takes money from our billionaire owner. woody said something very stupid and will pay $100k for it. cest la vie

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I would take it in a heartbeat. I think Roger had to punish Woody, because his foot-in-mouth was so egregious. But he also knew that this was turning into playground back-and-forth. He didn't want to really go too hard after either team, when both were being petty.

Jet Fan RI

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
According to our good friend at the NYDN, the Jets have been fined $100,000 for the Revis tampering, but with no draft pick compensation. Pats get no penalty (wow, I'm used to saying that).

Wait. So the Pats get no penalty because the Jets tampered? Why would they?

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
I think filing that tampering charge against Kraft served its purpose.

IMO that mitigated us from losing a draft pick.

If Woody doesn't file charges, IMO we lose a pick, but now Goodell didn't want to look like he was going over the top to side with the Patriots, as usual, so he gave us a slap on the wrist and left it at that.

This is exactly why I was screaming for Woody to file charges, this is the result I was hoping for.

Oh and Grogan, wherever you are ... thanks for playing :)

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global

If Woody doesn't file charges, IMO we lose a pick, but now Goodell didn't want to look like he was going over the top to side with the Patriots, as usual, so he gave us a slap on the wrist and left it at that.

This is exactly why I was screaming for Woody to file charges, this is the result I was hoping for.

I think you're right here. Woody did enough to show the frivolity of the charges by pressing them himself. Had he not, the Jets lose probably a fourth or fifth or so, maybe also get forced to swap picks in a later round with the Pats. Pats fans who called for the league to give the Pats the #6 overall pick obviously have no concept of how the process works, or of precedent.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Living in New England, I can assure you Pats fans are up in arms over this. Outraged.

Of course, they also don't think the Pats should be punished at all for Kraft's tampering, or for deflategate, or anything else the Pats have done. But they are convinced the Jets should have at least lost a fourth or fifth and had to swap second rounders. Some, including their joke of a media, thought the Pats should get the Jets' sixth overall pick, which is just nuts.

Green Jets & Ham

King Of All Draftniks
Jet Fanatics
Living in New England, I can assure you Pats fans are up in arms over this. Outraged.

Of course, they also don't think the Pats should be punished at all for Kraft's tampering, or for deflategate, or anything else the Pats have done. But they are convinced the Jets should have at least lost a fourth or fifth and had to swap second rounders. Some, including their joke of a media, thought the Pats should get the Jets' sixth overall pick, which is just nuts.
Thats why I call it 'Patsie Homerville' :)

These people are delusional and any criticism of their team is motivated by jealously and hate.

G

grogan14

You're welcome, I'm just glad the NFL did what it had to do and made the Jets pay for tampering, rules are rules.