Mehta: Jets fined $100K for Revis tampering, no picks

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Please Sack, you have an "Opinion" nothing more or less valid than mine or anyone else's for that matter. So once again, we will have to agree to disagree.

I've cited evidence to support my opinion. You have just claimed jealousy and hatred.

So yes, I have supported my opinion and made it more valid than yours.

G

grogan14

I've cited evidence to support my opinion. You have just claimed jealousy and hatred.

So yes, I have supported my opinion and made it more valid than yours.

You've cited Other peoples opinions, just because you find other people that share your opinion doesn't make it fact. You believe what you "WANT" to believe, and if real evidence comes out countering what you "WANT" to believe then it's cover up. Lets do an experiment, there were two ESPN reporters that released stories on deflate gate, both attributed "Un-named sources". One claimed that 11 of 12 balls were more than two pounds under the NFL limit. The other report, stated that only 1 of 12 balls was below the NFL limit and it was the one the Colts turned in, the other 11 balls were reported to be at or maybe at or maybe an once short of the limit. Keep in mind the NFL has said nothing to confirm of refute either of these stories. So Sack here's the test, which one of these unconfirmed stories do you believe?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
You've cited Other peoples opinions, just because you find other people that share your opinion doesn't make it fact. You believe what you "WANT" to believe, and if real evidence comes out countering what you "WANT" to believe then it's cover up. Lets do an experiment, there were two ESPN reporters that released stories on deflate gate, both attributed "Un-named sources". One claimed that 11 of 12 balls were more than two pounds under the NFL limit. The other report, stated that only 1 of 12 balls was below the NFL limit and it was the one the Colts turned in, the other 11 balls were reported to be at or maybe at or maybe an once short of the limit. Keep in mind the NFL has said nothing to confirm of refute either of these stories. So Sack here's the test, which one of these unconfirmed stories do you believe?

I have no idea which one to believe. That's why you do an investigation.

Thank you for making my point for me.

G

grogan14

I have no idea which one to believe. That's why you do an investigation.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Sure Sack you haven't made up your mind, you're objective right? Here's your objective thoughts on the matter.

Sack Quote "They will want to bury it in the draft news cycle by releasing it a couple hours before the draft begins." Sack Quote "This is probably the truth. And Pats fans and their homer media alike are talking about how the league is always out to get them.

It is possible, slightly possible, that their righteous indignation to this allegation may have been the last straw for Goodell. The league has protected these guys for more than a decade."

Sack Quote "It would have to be Thursday morning, if it was for this year. First round is Thursday night. Not that the punishment will be anywhere close."

Sack Quote "The league may not want it interfering in its draft hype, but it will want to bury the news cycle. What other event between now and the opening of camp would allow that?"

Sack Quote "No matter what the findings, the league will do its best to dump it whenever it causes the smallest waves."
Behold the ever objective SackExchange patiently awaiting the Leagues finding on deflategate with no preconceived opinions on the matter. :rolleyes:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I never, EVER, claimed to be objective.

That would be you. Remember that quote, the one you denied, until I showed it to you? Dispassionately objective, I think you described yourself as! :roflmao:

G

grogan14

I never, EVER, claimed to be objective.

That would be you. Remember that quote, the one you denied, until I showed it to you? Dispassionately objective, I think you described yourself as! :roflmao:

Well if the Patriots are found guilty of anything I won't be spinning or trying to defend them, if they are guilty they deserve to pay the penalty. You on the other hand are calling them guilty no matter what, so which of us is more objective?

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Well if the Patriots are found guilty of anything I won't be spinning or trying to defend them, if they are guilty they deserve to pay the penalty. You on the other hand are calling them guilty no matter what, so which of us is more objective?

Well, the league already said that one of the TDs the Pats scored in the postseason, the Nate Solder TD, should not have counted because of a substitution infraction. Since the league called out the Pats for that, are you willing to admit the league was right, and the Pats got away with an illegitimate TD?

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
So, reflecting on Woody's fine, if I were Woody I would find an opportunity to say

Bill Belicheck is a very successfull football coach - we have no interest in hiring him at any time in the future.

Tom Brady is a very successful quarterback - we have no interest in hiring him

Jim Brown was the greatest running back in the history of football - and an amazing lacrosse player - we have no interest in hiring him

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Sure Sack you haven't made up your mind, you're objective right? Here's your objective thoughts on the matter.

Sack Quote "They will want to bury it in the draft news cycle by releasing it a couple hours before the draft begins." Sack Quote "This is probably the truth. And Pats fans and their homer media alike are talking about how the league is always out to get them.

It is possible, slightly possible, that their righteous indignation to this allegation may have been the last straw for Goodell. The league has protected these guys for more than a decade."

Sack Quote "It would have to be Thursday morning, if it was for this year. First round is Thursday night. Not that the punishment will be anywhere close."

Sack Quote "The league may not want it interfering in its draft hype, but it will want to bury the news cycle. What other event between now and the opening of camp would allow that?"

Sack Quote "No matter what the findings, the league will do its best to dump it whenever it causes the smallest waves."
Behold the ever objective SackExchange patiently awaiting the Leagues finding on deflategate with no preconceived opinions on the matter. :rolleyes:

And for the record, whether the Pats are found guilty or not, the league would want to bury the story. Are you really too dense to understand why?

If there is evidence and they are found guilty, the league won't want to make a big deal out of its champions cheating.

And if there is zero evidence and they are found not guilty, the league will want to bury both the false allegations against its champions and the perception (real or imagined) that the Pats are one of the favored teams.

WHY WOULD THE LEAGUE NOT WANT TO BURY THE FINDINGS, NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE?!?

None of those quotes states that the Pats are guilty of anything. Maybe you need to learn to read.

maxmet

Pro Bowl 1st Team
Jet Fanatics
So, reflecting on Woody's fine, if I were Woody I would find an opportunity to say

Bill Belicheck is a very successfull football coach - we have no interest in hiring him at any time in the future.

Tom Brady is a very successful quarterback - we have no interest in hiring him

Jim Brown was the greatest running back in the history of football - and an amazing lacrosse player - we have no interest in hiring him

G

grogan14

And for the record, whether the Pats are found guilty or not, the league would want to bury the story. Are you really too dense to understand why?

If there is evidence and they are found guilty, the league won't want to make a big deal out of its champions cheating.

And if there is zero evidence and they are found not guilty, the league will want to bury both the false allegations against its champions and the perception (real or imagined) that the Pats are one of the favored teams.

WHY WOULD THE LEAGUE NOT WANT TO BURY THE FINDINGS, NO MATTER WHAT THEY ARE?!?

None of those quotes states that the Pats are guilty of anything. Maybe you need to learn to read.

Please Sack, now you're just embarrassing yourself. Any Jet fan or non-Jet fan can clearly see were you stand, you're fooling no on one.

G

grogan14

Well, the league already said that one of the TDs the Pats scored in the postseason, the Nate Solder TD, should not have counted because of a substitution infraction. Since the league called out the Pats for that, are you willing to admit the league was right, and the Pats got away with an illegitimate TD?

Sure the league has also come out and admitted they've blown tons of calls on plays that either should have or shouldn't have resulted in TD's. Teams get notices from the league all the time apologizing for a blown call here or there, what's that prove? If it makes you feel better, sure, the Pats got the benefit of a non call on play that shouldn't have been a TD. Heck I'll go you one better, we should petition the league to change the final score of that game, The Pats should only have beat the Colts by 25 points, please amend the record. :apologetic:

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Please Sack, now you're just embarrassing yourself. Any Jet fan or non-Jet fan can clearly see were you stand, you're fooling no on one.

No. If I want to embarrass myself, I would go to a rival team's message board to try to pick fights.

SackExchange

Jet Fanatic
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Sure the league has also come out and admitted they've blown tons of calls on plays that either should have or shouldn't have resulted in TD's. Teams get notices from the league all the time apologizing for a blown call here or there, what's that prove? If it makes you feel better, sure, the Pats got the benefit of a non call on play that shouldn't have been a TD. Heck I'll go you one better, we should petition the league to change the final score of that game, The Pats should only have beat the Colts by 25 points, please amend the record. :apologetic:

Good for you! So you can admit that the Pats got the benefit of a call. How noble of you.