Mock Draft Thread

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
so Saleh and crew are working out 2 IOL (Guards) at Center tells you all you need to know about how they feel about McGovern...

I wouldn't be shocked for them to use a 2nd & 4th on these two prospects and one will start at center while the other will start at right guard...

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
so Saleh and crew are working out 2 IOL (Guards) at Center tells you all you need to know about how they feel about McGovern...

I wouldn't be shocked for them to use a 2nd & 4th on these two prospects and one will start at center while the other will start at right guard...
Johnson and Strange?

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
With this draft? I said the hell with you guys and just drafted some of my favorite players 🤑.
Edge rusher Nolan Smith announced that he will be returning for his senior season via his social media. Georgia is amidst a mass player exodus: many are either entering the transfer portal or declaring for the draft. Today, they got some good news as edge rusher Nolan Smith announced he would be returning to school. Jan 17, 2022

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Pro Football Network Mock Simulator
jets-steelers.png
jets-saints.png
part 1.png
part 2.png
part 3.png
chargers-jets.png
part 4.png

Maximize three trades bolster all needs while building for the future with some additional 2023 picks...​

Attachments

• part 2.png
    part 2.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 3

Jetsfan4life

5th Year Team Option
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
doing a Jets mock draft could see this playing out no trades:
Take the best players that fit your scheme regardless where they are nationally ranked
The team is high on these players and football politics should not get in the way of taking players that fill needs and fit scheme

#4 Zion Johnson OG
#10 Perrion Winfrey DT
#35 Jahan Dotson WR
#38 Jalen Pitre Safety
#69 Cole Strange IOL
#108 Jeremy Ruckert TE
#114 Matt Emerson CB
#145 Jerrion Ealy RB/Jaylen Warren RB ( still not sure which one of the two)
#162 Troy Anderson LB

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
doing a Jets mock draft could see this playing out no trades:
Take the best players that fit your scheme regardless where they are nationally ranked
The team is high on these players and football politics should not get in the way of taking players that fill needs and fit scheme

#4 Zion Johnson OG
#10 Perrion Winfrey DT
#35 Jahan Dotson WR
#38 Jalen Pitre Safety
#69 Cole Strange IOL
#108 Jeremy Ruckert TE
#114 Matt Emerson CB
#145 Jerrion Ealy RB/Jaylen Warren RB ( still not sure which one of the two)
#162 Troy Anderson LB
I concur that if there are no trade partners take your players that fit your bill.
Zion that hybrid IOL that can start day one at RG.
Perrion Winfrey fits that DT next to Q and would improve the overall of the starting 4 and help collapse the pocket and stuff the run.
Dotson doubt he falls out of the first round but if he does he could be this year's Elijah Moore but if he is not there then moving all those prospects up one to where at pick 114 take Jayden Reed or Romeo Doubs to fill in the need factor.

I would lean Ealy's way more north/south runner who is a capable utility player that can return kicks both punt and kickoff.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Johnson and Strange?
yes but if not there
Strange and Hayes
or
Strange and Mays

choose your poison

Cade Mays can play LT, LG, OC, RG, RT
Cole Strange can play LG, OC, RG
Marquis Hayes can play LG, RG

But by chance we can get Zion
Zion Johnson can play LG, OC, RG

That is why Johnson and Strange make the most sense they give you ability to complete the IOL next to AVT

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I like Evan Neal a lot due to his versatility. During his 3 year NCAA career he played 3 different positions and A+ excelled at all 3 positions @ LG (2019), RT (2020) and Franchise LT (2021).
problem with his game it does NOT translate to what we need from our O Linemen...
he plays off balanced because of choppy footwork which leads to him lunging...
we need someone who can block in space, he can not...

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
New York Jets Trade 4th Overall to Pittsburgh Steelers for the 20th, 52nd, 84th along with 2023 1st & 3rd
New York Jets Trade 10th Overall to New Orleans Saints for 18th, 49th & 2023 2nd

New York Jets - Jets Global Mock Draft
18th Jahan Dotson WR
20th Travon Walker DE/DT
35th Trey McBride TE
38th Perrion Winfrey DT
49th Jalen Pitre Safety
52nd Chad Muma LB
69th Cole Strange IOL
84th Jeremy Ruckert TE
109th Bo Melton WR
115th Nick Zakelj OT
145th Jerrion Ealy RB/KR
162nd Cade York PK

Reasons explaining the mind set for the first two first round selections:
Trading down building draft capitol for the future while moving out of the top 10 makes sense for a team in full rebuild mode. Won't get lucky two years in a row hoping that key receiver will fall out of the first round, but selecting in the middle of the first round is worth to take your player that fits the mold of what you are seeking. Jahan Dotson comparable to last year's receiver Elijah Moore with a tad bit more speed to be that vertical option to grow with your supposedly franchise quarterback. A quarterback with a big arm needs that target to unleash that over the top ability, which Dotson brings.

Why Travon Walker over the likes of Jermaine Johnson and DeMarvin Leal is because of versatility. Walker played across the defensive line for the Bulldogs and has the athleticism along with initial punch drive power to hold up against the run while power through to collapse the pocket. There is a quiet rumor going on that the long term plans may not involve current Jets Quinnen Williams so with that in mind acquiring more talent to secure the depth and play potential across the line is necessity this year.

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Dream scenario, but a little surprised about the QW comment. Winfrey would be a fine replacement in the long run and Walker could be ready to explode in the pro game.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
Dream scenario, but a little surprised about the QW comment. Winfrey would be a fine replacement in the long run and Walker could be ready to explode in the pro game.
Quinnen business decision not to talk extension this offseason -- he already has one alternate (pro bowl) that boosted his 5th year team option from 10 to 16 M but one more would push it over 20 M which would be his base asking price on a new deal... do you see us paying him 5 year 100 M with 75 M guaranteed?

sorry but I don't and if he has another good not great season could see them trading him which would leave us with a hole on the line but with both Walker and Winfrey along with JFM we would have enough fire power to continue to have an effective front...

Old#15

Old Wise Tale
Jet Fanatics
Quinnen business decision not to talk extension this offseason -- he already has one alternate (pro bowl) that boosted his 5th year team option from 10 to 16 M but one more would push it over 20 M which would be his base asking price on a new deal... do you see us paying him 5 year 100 M with 75 M guaranteed?

sorry but I don't and if he has another good not great season could see them trading him which would leave us with a hole on the line but with both Walker and Winfrey along with JFM we would have enough fire power to continue to have an effective front...
Makes sense.

gmf1369

Jack of All Trades
Big Fish
The Mod Squad
Jet Fanatics
Jets Global
I would take it . Don’t really think Ferguson will last that long
maybe he is an older prospect and there are a few others ahead of him like Josh Whyle, Charlie Kolar and Cole Turner who should go in front of him... also if these prospects have an above average combine and decent pro days because of age alone teams might pass on him for the younger prospect like Chase Allen, Austin Allen, Daniel Bellinger which that to my count makes 6 after the top 4 go?

Trey McBride, Jalen Wydermyer, Isaiah Likely & Cade Otton